"Questions that don't warrant a thread" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If we had got Ryan.......

Well hypothetically yes, we would be a better team though you could argue if we had picked him up he would have been sure to rip his hammy off the bone if not do an ACL!

Re: Lethal will never get to coach Hawthorn now will he?

That would be awesome to have Lethal back at he club in some capacity. We could even market it somehow to members who have not re-signed for years..."Lethals back! Are you?" lol ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredibly awesome, but if in trouble, please call on my own for some duct tape help Nev.

It's also all I need. And despite this arvo kicking the footy rather brilliantly, I'm not comparing myself to Chubbs (or Stratts) but I do know how to use duct tape effectively :)
Chubbs don't need duct tape, he has leather-attracting velcro on his hands whereas Stratts's whole body is a ball magnet.

I dunno know though TAITA, you offering some value on bulk buys for duct tape, that guy looks like he's looking to sell.. ?

I haven't seen a thread or any other notification about this, so I'll post it here.

Former Hawthorn & Sturt ruckman Clayton "Candles" Thompson died last week aged 80.

Here's the Wikipedia entry (or maybe ask Gary Shadforth for his opinion) on one of the characters of the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayton_Thompson

Since the poo-bears, Lethal has considered himself too old to coach, but it would be good to see him back at the club, maybe when Jeff moves on?

Leigh would make a fantastic figurehead of the board, and our brand - but more importantly, if JD does not seek re-election we will have no 'football' people on the board.

To have someone like Leigh Matthews come in and fill that role, with his experience in every facet of football would be a masterstroke.

Clarkson's too good a coach to move on.
What a difference 7 weeks make! (not a stab at you HP, rather others around here)

I just have a feeling that Lethal coaching the Hawks is not too far out of the question at some point down the track. I reckon he could be persuaded when Clarko decides to move on. Though, that's not really based on anything in particular.

What a difference 7 weeks make! (not a stab at you HP, rather others around here)

I just have a feeling that Lethal coaching the Hawks is not too far out of the question at some point down the track. I reckon he could be persuaded when Clarko decides to move on. Though, that's not really based on anything in particular.

Lethal was barely coaching the Lions by the end of his tenure. He does not want to do it anymore. I think it is a younger mans game these days given the hours you need to put in. Sheedy will be much more a manager than a coach. Really just there to grab headlines.

Has always said he has ZERO interest in coaching Hawks. Would be great to have back in an administrative role though as AH has alluded to.

Simply not true.

When he was still coaching the Lions c. 2004 he was asked if he'd ever coach Hawthorn. He described it a "romantic notion" but he could not see doing it in the next few years as he was fully committed personally and contractually to the Lions. He never ruled it out of his future if circumstances were right.

I think Leigh is far too comfortable and happy in the media to ever consider a return to senior couching and frankly who'd blame him. Being a senior coach would be the most stressful job in Australia whereas sitting in the best seats at the 'G and making fatuous comments for TV whilst getting paid a forune for the privilage is the softest job in the country apart form being a magistrate.

R u sure he had no interest because he said that to coach Hawthorn would be a dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back