Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the improvement going to come from is my worry from that game.
Lukosius, ANB don't change the needle on the reasons we lost.

Midfield.
Nicks has spent 5 years not investing in the midfield

That's why there's been no improvement

Not too fussed that we lost that one. We gave it a good crack in the first half but they were too good in the 2nd half. Shows the gap between the two teams at the moment. Hopefully Port now lose to the Dockers next week.

Our midfield was spanked, Best thing about tonight is we now have pick 4 locked in to try and finally find that A Grade mid we desperately need.

And also what the hell is with this minimising the fact our best player was knocked out cold, and not only how that affected the game but also anything about concern for his general health?

Instead of this “oh Houston is such a good bloke let’s make sure we wrap our arms around him” or “he has no history of this” BS the commentators are spewing.

Concussions are a huge freaking deal and have ended careers or players never been the same again (Seedsman). Ruccuito especially should be ashamed for showing absolutely no care for rankine at all and more about how this is going to affect Houston’s feelings and port in the finals.

Last edited:
Given what Rankine got for doing virtually same thing, expect 4 weeks for Houston
It will be 6+ weeks. It was a thug hit. AFL will send a message.

He has played his last ever game for Port.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too fussed that we lost that one. We gave it a good crack in the first half but they were too good in the 2nd half. Shows the gap between the two teams at the moment. Hopefully Port now lose to the Dockers next week.

Our midfield was spanked, Best thing about tonight is we now have pick 4 locked in to try and finally find that A Grade mid we desperately need.

If the Bulldogs beat GWS in Ballarat next week, the Freo v Port result is irrelevant for Port. They'll be 2nd.

Brisbane absolutely sh*tting the bed is what's made that possible.

Where's the improvement going to come from is my worry from that game.
Lukosius, ANB don't change the needle on the reasons we lost.

Midfield.
Those two would probably raise our overall floor, but don't think they raise our ceiling at all.

But we're a team just looking to make the 8 ATM, so we'll be happy with that.

At 3/4 time we needed a real, strong Coach to step up and inspire the players to win it for Rankine and Crow Pride.

Too bad we haven't got one.
Pretty cheap shot.

Umps impacted every call after. They made sure Crows couldn't "take revenge" by blowing the whistle early....

That's a BS argument when they took our best player after he marked the ball and a late hit, but Port got the free after.... Writing was on the wall.

Doesn't help when you loss Rankine and Nicks now prefer Dawson in defense.
I dont mind that at this stage of our season

It means to me he is moving other players through the middle

Thats a positive

Beyond ugly - Roo fawning over Houston
He's a board member of the club and is defending the guy who took out our best player.

I ****ing hope Olsen pulls him aside and has a little chat to pull his head in. You can't be on a club board and be a commentator when your team is playing, tell him that's either one or the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back