Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Headline..."Crouch belts Cap'...lolololol
Nft Lying GIF by SuperVictor
Cap Stop Lying GIF by Jeopardy!

Last edited:
C7 struggling for any news. Alleged assault. fmd People getting beaten and stabbed in the suburbs and city a this is breaking news.
Two sides to every story as well.

Im betting my life that the Port fan really let rip something foul, disgusting and personal at Crouch for him to react.

Reverse Uno, Police should charge the Port fan for offensive language.

Lets be honest, Port fans are absolute gutless cowards, if anything the Bigfooty Forum clearly shows the behaviour they are all capable of.

So Ray, how is an act that warrants a 5 week suspension not worthy of a free kick?
Lets be honest, we all know why.

No other "junior" umpire would want to challenge and overrule Razor Ray given he was right there and didnt deem it a free kick to begin with.

Let this sink in, a free kick immediately would have change the entire outcome of the game. Our players lost the plot because Rankine was knocked out cold and Port got a free kick and goaled.

Two sides to every story as well.

Im betting my life that the Port fan really let rip something foul, disgusting and personal at Crouch for him to react.

Reverse Uno, Police should charge the Port fan for offensive language.

Lets be honest, Port fans are absolute gutless cowards, if anything the Bigfooty Forum clearly shows the behaviour they are all capable of.
That is probably the truth. Crouch wouldn't have reacted if the guy was just standing there.

maybe this from a Port supporter ;)

Shouldn't have lined up a bloke and concussed him in rd 23 if he didn't want to miss finals ¯\(ツ)
Houston's pain missing Finals not only hurt the team but psychologically Port players will think twice in September in trying to snipe another player.

AFL sent a clear message last night.

Port players already choke under intense pressure, the verdict will have rattled them.

Someone should remind him that the list of 'unreasonable rough conduct' (e..g contact below the knees) isn't exhaustive and lining a bloke up and KOing him is an illegal act?
He covered that, sounds like that unreasonable rough contact is for off the ball incidents.
As said it was reasonable for Rankine to expect contact due to having the ball.

No other "junior" umpire would want to challenge and overrule Razor Ray given he was right there and didnt deem it a free kick to begin with.

Let this sink in, a free kick immediately would have change the entire outcome of the game. Our players lost the plot because Rankine was knocked out cold and Port got a free kick and goaled.
Razor was the furtherest umpire from the incident, was not the controlling umpire.

He covered that, sounds like that unreasonable rough contact is for off the ball incidents.
As said it was reasonable for Rankine to expect contact due to having the ball.
It was a perfect play just to tackle Rankine. He didn't have to bump.

Razor is an idiot.
So you are allowed to bump front on? The shirt front that was banned 20 years ago is allowed now?
Cool. Good to know the umpires understand the rules.

Both the charging and rough conduct rules are sufficiently vague enough that the Houston hit comfortably meets both. How can even AFL umpires not know this...

It did but I still think Gollant is getting of too lightly. He kicks that goal and we are back in front with momentum at 3/4 time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both the charging and rough conduct rules are sufficiently vague enough that the Houston hit comfortably meets both. How can even AFL umpires not know this...
Imagine umpiring so many games and not see this a clear cut free kick. Speaks volumes. He had his head up his own arse.

I look at this whole thing in a slightly different way. They targeted rankine from the off as they knew he was the guy that could rip the showdown away from them in a quarter such is his quality. That it was Houston that eventually took him out and thats exactly what he did probably ended up winning the showdown for then as we lost our most creative player and took our eye off the ball and were distracted. Port capitalised and won. It gave them a top 2 spot that they now can keep by beating freo and a much better pathway to a possible grand final.

If they win a flag (and god hope they don't), they should chair houston around the ground as that win on saturday was quite possibly season defining for them. Houstons suspension is just collateral damage in what might be a much bigger picture and he played his part perfectly for them.
In hindsight, Port probably wished it was a player that they could easily replace.

Houston missing is a body blow for their finals campaign. He is easily in their top 5 players.

In hindsight, Port probably wished it was a player that they could easily replace.

Houston missing is a body blow for their finals campaign. He is easily in their top 5 players.
Yeah losing him is no joke. They gotta find their Andy Otten now.

Edit:
#2 ranking points
#1 rebound 50s
#1 effective kicks
#2 disposals
#3 DE
#1 metres gained
#3 intercepts
#4 intercept marks
#1 score launches
#5 inside 50s
#2 kick ins
#2 defensive half pressure acts
#5 tackles

When you stack it all up like that, he’s pretty much as important as any of their top 3 mids.

Last edited:
The game has become too stupid to watch. I can barely get through a two hour Crows game nowadays.
shoosh Laurel and hardy.gif

Better be careful ....they criticised me for leaving the CARL game at Half Time .....yes this kicking the ball from one player to another free player is boring
The amount of highlights in most games is minimal these days ......not all games mind you

Move the ball around, make the def work ...wait for a lazy defender (rook) to not make position, and launch ....has so many basketball & soccer elements in AFL nowadays

I can still remember Greenslade kicking a screw punt goal from deep in the Adelaide Oval pocket .....or Eric Freeman's kick over his head in a Port GF .....and Jarmans exquisite last qtr in the 97
Only Rankine now providing those memorable moments

View attachment 2086249

Better be careful ....they criticised me for leaving the CARL game at Half Time .....yes this kicking the ball from one player to another free player is boring
The amount of highlights in most games is minimal these days ......not all games mind you

Move the ball around, make the def work ...wait for a lazy defender (rook) to not make position, and launch ....has so many basketball & soccer elements in AFL nowadays

I can still remember Greenslade kicking a screw punt goal from deep in the Adelaide Oval pocket .....or Eric Freeman's kick over his head in a Port GF .....and Jarmans exquisite last qtr in the 97
Only Rankine now providing those memorable moments
It's become Australia's version of WWE but without any of the flare.

It's become Australia's version of WWE but without any of the flare.
I'm not sure how anyone can think having 19 AFL teams, with dwindling participation, can produce a better product

If it's an elite comp ....make it elite & have just 14 teams (thereabouts)

As you say ...the game is just hyped up & marketed to compensate ....and the AFL relies on a close comp, and supporter fanaticism to gloss over a poor product

Media is directed to hype up players, and rookies in particular, B4 they've done anything to deserve the status

Imagine going to the cops cos someone knocked your hat off.

I mean, the word snowflake is a bit played….but there’s snowflakes and then there’s Turbo Snowflakes.

What a piss take. Most of the time the police don't do anything about actual assaults where punches connect and this apparently warrants an investigation.

Summary of investigation:

A hat got knocked off. No further action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back