Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks
Will Ratten last if Carlton are bundled out in week 1 of the post season. It will be Carlton's third straight exit if it does happen

Will Ratten last if Carlton are bundled out in week 1 of the post season. It will be Carlton's third straight exit if it does happen

If Mick becomes available, then Rats will be out....

They have had a stack of number 1 picks & a stack of 1st round draft picks that should be coming into their prime. You would think if Carlton loses their 3rd final in a row in the space of 3 seasons, then no improvement, or only insignificant improve has been made over 3 years. He will surely get the sack if Carlton lose to Essendon in a week and a half.

A lot of pressure is on him and he would be very aware of it.

Carlton's improvement this year is patently obvious. Tougher, faster, better. They should win week 1, but even if they don't I'd expect Ratten to be given a two year extension. Go read the article by Leigh Matthews on afl.com if you don't understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have had a stack of number 1 picks & a stack of 1st round draft picks that should be coming into their prime. You would think if Carlton loses their 3rd final in a row in the space of 3 seasons, then no improvement, or only insignificant improve has been made over 3 years. He will surely get the sack if Carlton lose to Essendon in a week and a half.

If the coaches have prepared to the best of their ability, but the players stuffed up like Waite, Garlett and Armfield did last year, why would we sack Ratten?

Kreuzer is nowhere near 100% after coming back from a knee reconstruction.

Waite is up against to play again this year and give us a marking forward.

The coach who got Carlton into the top five minus Jamison, Waite, Laidler, Kreuzer, Russell, Henderson and Hampson for large part of the season deserves another contract.

All would be in our best 22.

Why deal with it as a hypothetical now when we can get a definite answer in around 2-3 weeks time?

Ratten's current future: Round 24 v St.Kilda.

If the coaches have prepared to the best of their ability, but the players stuffed up like Waite, Garlett and Armfield did last year, why would we sack Ratten?

Kreuzer is nowhere near 100% after coming back from a knee reconstruction.

Waite is up against to play again this year and give us a marking forward.

The coach who got Carlton into the top five minus Jamison, Waite, Laidler, Kreuzer, Russell, Henderson and Hampson for large part of the season deserves another contract.

All would be in our best 22.

All teams have had injuries. Essendon have been decimated and copped it a lot worse than Carlton. Hawthorn almost lost their entire first choice spine for the year in their FB, CHB, Ruckman & CHF. Renouf, Roughead, Gilham & Stratton. Could you imagine Jamison, Waite, Kreuzer & Henderson all being out for the entire year? At least you have 3 of those guys going into finals.

Don't use the fact that a couple of players have missed some games this year as an excuse mate. Their are several teams who have copped it worse than Carlton.

Back on topic. If you're happy getting bundled out three years in a row in the first round of the finals, that's your choice. I wouldn't be.

I dunno if their has been a lot of improvement in Carlton this year. The bottom half of the comp is substantially weaker than it has been previously, so their are more guaranteed wins. Carlton are still yet to beat anyone in the Top 4 this year.

They traded in Judd, got an obscene amount of number 1 draft picks, a bunch of top 10 picks and are still no closer to a flag.
If Carlton lose in the first week again Ratten should be gone but I doubt they'll sack him, they'll probably offer him another year and give him one more shot to prove he can take this team to the next level, if not they'll bring in Malthouse for 2013.

I think that's a very narrow way of looking at it.

You cannot compare the sides and games of 09 and 10 with this season. We are superior in every aspect. Whilst I'd be extremely disappointed if we lost to Essendon, I believe Ratten is doing very nicely and deserves a contract extension.

All teams have had injuries. Essendon have been decimated and copped it a lot worse than Carlton. Hawthorn almost lost their entire first choice spine for the year in their FB, CHB, Ruckman & CHF. Renouf, Roughead, Gilham & Stratton. Could you imagine Jamison, Waite, Kreuzer & Henderson all being out for the entire year? At least you have 3 of those guys going into finals.

Don't use the fact that a couple of players have missed some games this year as an excuse mate. Their are several teams who have copped it worse than Carlton.

Back on topic. If you're happy getting bundled out three years in a row in the first round of the finals, that's your choice. I wouldn't be.

I dunno if their has been a lot of improvement in Carlton this year. The bottom half of the comp is substantially weaker than it has been previously, so their are more guaranteed wins. Carlton are still yet to beat anyone in the Top 4 this year.

Hawthorn have only had one, maybe two significant injuries this year.

According to 90% of hawks supporters, Gilham is not first choice anyway. Don't know why you use him as an excuse. Also, you don't have any standout ruckman, they're all equal, so bailey/hale are at least equal to Renouf. And Stratton, at 189cm, surely cant be your CHB? Cloke and the like would monster him. He is still a decent loss because he is a gun.

Roughy is the biggest loss of all because he is a proven star.

It shouldn't matter if Carlton wins or loses to Essendon in regards to Ratten keeping his job.

Carlton has improved to the extent that they would normally be a top 4 team with the type of form they have showed this season.

In 2009 and 2010 they were basically a 50-50 team. This year, they have made the leap to a contender and only an idiot would fail to see that.

That's why it won't matter for Ratten's future if they lose to Essendon. 2011 was the year Carton arrived as a contender. They have significantly improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back