Autopsy Rd 11 Blues defeat Lions by 38 points

Remove this Banner Ad

There hasn't been enough love for Touhy in here.

Set up most of our attacks in the first half, and kicked one himself. Used the ball really well, and took the game on in a way he hasn't this year. Was very good all day, but especially when running from half back through the middle to deliver to the forwards.

Is Everitt a bit of an introvert? Didn't look overly excited signing the club song...maybe tired.

Daniel Gorringe is still learning the word...LOL
I had a sense Dre wasn't too happy with his own game. Even after the siren went he looked relieved but not very cheerful.

Not a bad thing if so, he could come and kick 3 or 4 again next week.

A Cripps stat that isn't great was that he gave away 10 clangers today. 6 of which were free kicks. You can tell by his reactions he bloody hates it too. He's ranked 3rd in the comp for clangers. But I guess we have to take the good with the bad. Without his aggressive nature he wouldn't be who he is. Knowing him, he will heavily focus on this just as much as his goal kicking.

Cripps is still learning about his abilities and limitations, most of which he will definitely improve on. Not to mention a lot of his disposals are in close and not just contested but hard ball gets where he's being tackled the very second he gets the ball.

There hasn't been enough love for Touhy in here.

Set up most of our attacks in the first half, and kicked one himself. Used the ball really well, and took the game on in a way he hasn't this year. Was very good all day, but especially when running from half back through the middle to deliver to the forwards.
Fair enough... Thought he played his best game this year.
With him, Byrne, docherty, Simpson , Plowman and co running the ball out our back line we look good..

I had a sense Dre wasn't too happy with his own game. Even after the siren went he looked relieved but not very cheerful.
I thought that too. Hard to tell from the snippets on the highlights package, but he did look a bit disinterested after the siren. Also when the team were singing the song in the rooms, he seemed a bit out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that too. Hard to tell from the snippets on the highlights package, but he did look a bit disinterested after the siren. Also when the team were singing the song in the rooms, he seemed a bit out of it.

It doesn't really matters to me what a player's body language is like after a win tbh, he is rather a unique individual Dre, bit of a different character to most of the other players, players react/shut down after a grueling 2 hour game in different ways.
I think it's good that we didn't need a big contribution from him to win.

It doesn't really matters to me what a player's body language is like after a win tbh, he is rather a unique individual Dre, bit of a different character to most of the other players, players react/shut down after a grueling 2 hour game in different ways.
I think it's good that we didn't need a big contribution from him to win.

Agreed. It was also without Murphy, Kreuzer for half the game and a quiet one from Gibbs. I think we tend to forget how resilient this group has been all year.

Solid win for the boys. Sloppy in patches but boy our game plan stands up almost every week.

Did it with no input from our 'stars' - murph, Gibbs, Kruez and minimal impact from everitt, cas and Thomas.

Rowe has been great for our balance. Two times now he's played ruck and gone forward due to game injuries.

Second tier players were fantastic.
Best game yet from kerridge.
Gorringe looked like he belongs. Adds something to the team.
White was really solid.
Wright bobs up for two goals.
Dennis in career best form.
Lamb is a smart footballer.

Go blues!

Another win, we are such a different team this year.

Whilst i wouldn't have Boo'd Tom Bell (he left the club to be near his dad), it's a personal choice. However the Freo fan showed class for Crowley when he went off injured. The likes of Yarran and Henderson deserve all the boos that they get.

Anyone else rapt that walker decked that little cheat Christensen??

Look I have to say and maybe I am in the minority but I do not enjoy seeing any footballer get seriously injured. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is not something I like to see.

Look I have to say and maybe I am in the minority but I do not enjoy seeing any footballer get seriously injured. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is not something I like to see.
Generally I agree. There are some exceptions.... Like didak...

I enjoyed seeing him get crunched but didn't enjoy the fact he came out quite injured.

It was a hard fair bump, play on umpire, unfortunate for the recipient but thats footy, do i have any sympathy for said player, not one bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Blues defeat Lions by 38 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back