News RD 15:- Carlton v Richmond: Prematch discussion, changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alpha1

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Great comeback win from the Blues although we should never have been in that position. Big game against the Tigers can we maintain our form? Great to see Irish have a massive game, going to be good for us up forward as a second tall. Can we beat the Tigers? They will come hard at us, after the season they have had. We need to keep winning from now on. And it's did warm the blood here in the Antarctic.

• Banned
Like I said after the first quarter we were lucky, we weren't playing a decent team. We weren't switched on again and that is a massive concern, Bentley has to go. Our skills it seems still needs to improve a lot, and yes getting smashed by the Bummers last week still hurts.

Re: RD 15:- Carlton v Richmond- Prematch discussion, changes.

Wasnt a great start but totally outplayed them for 2.5 quarters.

Gibbs best on by a mile followed by Judd. Murphy got a lot of it and setup well. Kruez and Hampson were quiet but kept Sandilands quiet. Joesph got killed by Ballantyne and Hoops did a fairly good job on him in the second half. Russell was really good and did nice things, quieter second half. Johnson added a bit. Thornton and Austin struggled at times but tbird second half was better. Setanta was the key kicking four. Simpson quiet ealry but added run late. Grigg was ok. Armfield still struggles.

• Banned
I have always been on JR's back, he did some nice things. But this is only his second good game for us after being on our list for 4+ years. But I give credit to him today.

Austin should be dropped for his brainfades, but we can't afford losing another tall defender.

Stevens to come back in if he performs well in the VFL (30+ touches and goals, anything less and no chance).

Bentley and fisher are not up to afl standard and must be dropped. Army needs a rest and houlihan is as soft as butter, only found the ball in the last quarter.

I would bring in hartlett for fisher, yarran for bently, Scotland for houlihan and Joey Anderson for army

I see Scotland and Stevens in the best today for the Bullants so you would expect they'll be back in the mix. Armfield and Bentley just seem to struggle at this level, certainly Army needs a spell in the two's.

I'd like to see Yarran come in for Garlett, just to rotate these boys and keep them fresh.

Cloke's good form in the two's will see him come into calculations also.

Great comeback win from the Blues although we should never have been in that position. Big game against the Tigers can we maintain our form? Great to see Irish have a massive game, going to be good for us up forward as a second tall. Can we beat the Tigers? They will come hard at us, after the season they have had. We need to keep winning from now on. And it's did warm the blood here in the Antarctic.

Alpha, I didn;t think you could get in or our of the Antarctic this time of the year?

Out- Bentley for sure, has no skill or talent at all, laid a tackle or 2 and that was it, seriously shisen.
Jeffrey G- Too small and goes to ground far too often, i like him but he goes to ground every single contest, affecting his ability to stay in the contest.
Fisher- Dont think he looked too good today, takes a grab but with Setant killing it i think we dont really need him so much as a while back.

In- Scotland- Is polished and a week in the magoos was the kick in the ass he needed.
Robbo, Stevens, Yarran maybe for the Fish.

Hats off to JR too. We needed some heart and tackle and in the end it was those reasons we got over the line. JR stays in, will have his few bad games but at least he tackles and goes hard at the pill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always been on JR's back, he did some nice things. But this is only his second good game for us after being on our list for 4+ years. But I give credit to him today.

He was the instigator for us in the second term. He was the only player willing to tackle and his ability to get to so many contests was sensational. Loved his game today.

Like has been mentioned before Holla out, Bentley out hope we never see Bentley again. Robinson, Scotland, Yarran would be in the mix for next week? Garlett did well should have had 3 or 4 goals today. Gibbs looks like he has run himself into form some of his touches were sublime and kept us in the game, when it looked like no one else was interested.

OUT: Bentley, Houlihan
IN: contenders would be - Robinson, Yarran, Ellard and possibly Scotland

Totally agree with the above and i was not impressed with Aussie today either but he deserves another go.

Hoolihan moved to defence was a good move. he looks more settled there and creates some run and ball carry did some good things . He gets lost on the forward line looks to slow.
Bring in Scotland and maybe Stevens if he has found some heart and grown a pair.

I had houla out until he was moved back into defense and did a good job of setting us up and kept the young frep player quiet who sparked them early.

Fish HAS TO BE OUT..kicking is sooooo bad, he's slow and goes to ground to easily.

Bentley....does he offer anything accept a big body?...NOOOOOOOOOO

Houlihan should be dropped. The game seems to have well and truly passed him by.

Bentley is the new Russell on this board. I don't like him but he put in some very good efforts and wasn't that bad.

Fisher is disappointing and if he goes for goals from 50 it tells me he is a selfish footballer who is more interested in personal statistics than team gain. He should never have even tried to go for goal from 40+ like he did. Kick softer and centre the ball to the top of the goalsquare rather than turning the ball over.

I'm hoping like hell that Stevens isn't brought back into the side. It was a statement that needed to be made when we dropped him but I'd be disappointed if his punishment for weeks of insipid performances was demotion for only 1 week. Keep him down there for another week at least.

Scotland would have to be close to coming back in. Robinson not out of the question either, Yarran and Browne likewise.

Stevens to come back in if he performs well in the VFL (30+ touches and goals, anything less and no chance).

What?

Even if he kicked 5 goals it would mean shit all. That could easily be him running forward of the ball and getting easy cheap disposals which is what he was dropped from the seniors for in the first place.

The amount of goals he kicks in the Bullants should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not he comes back into the senior team.

The deciding factor should be tackles. Goals mean **** all for a player like him when playing in the reserves but if statistics show he had 5++ tackles then we can at least see that he has started to do the team thing and put his body on the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

News RD 15:- Carlton v Richmond: Prematch discussion, changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back