Preview Rd 16 Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how agile PK and Ace are, shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Merrett's definitely up there with agility too. Brown, OTOH, makes the Titanic look nimble when he wheels around.

Zorkfield.
ScreenShot2012-07-12at102229PM.png

Just cannot understand why Hawksley has not been promoted.Can anyone throw some light on this.
No real need for him in the side at this stage, Better players to choose from etc.

... if Patfull goes to Riewoldt and gets in many 1 on 1 contests he'll get taken to the cleaners.

I can't recall that ever happening in the past. Patfull has always done fairly well on Riewoldt.

The first "revolving door" style changes for the season. 5 changes is crazy, except for last year when it was the norm. Still I am so excited to see both Cornelius and Karnezis in the same side. I never thought it would happen, but it's going to be amazing. We have finally selected a f**cking dangerous forward line that if the midfield can get it too will rip teams apart. I am so excited for this game and I think if the midfield can break even we should score at least 120 points this week (which hopefully will be enough for the win).

CMON BOYS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a guess the taggers will be Raines to Dal Santo and Jones to Rich.

Defenders (us):

Patfull to Riewoldt
Maguire to Kosi
Adcock to Milne
Yeo to Saad
Harwood to Sipos
Drummond to Gram

Defenders (them):

Fisher to Brown
Simpkin to Merrett (I'm not familiar with Simpkin???)
Gwilt to Cornelius
Dempster to Zorko
Polkinghorne - Gilbert
Crisp - Geary

edit: Wilkes named on the wing, but presumably he'll play on Merrett or Cornelius.
Looks pretty right on, although Gram has been playing more as a "small defender" in the past 12 months, doing more shut-down roles, while Wilkes has proven to be pretty much abysmal down back, so if he ends up down there at all it means we're in real trouble!

Up forward, on the other hand, he has looked the goods in his three games there, kicking 3 goals against Melbourne in a close game, in the wet, at the 'G, earlier in the year (before being extraordinarily subbed off, mid way through the 3rd quarter, just after he'd kicked his 3rd, from 55m and taken a hanger, a minute later!) and having 17 possies, 9 marks (plus 4 frees in marking contests) and two goals last week. Having him there really helps out Roo and Kosi, as it means Wilkes also needs to be closely manned up on and makes it harder for teams to have someone going 3rd up on the other two. Last week it meant Dustin Fletcher had to actually man up on someone and he hardly had any impact on the game as a result.

So it looks like both teams have named pretty tall forward lines, so it will be interesting to see if there are any late changes, if it ends up being particularly wet. I think both teams would prefer it to be dry.

Glad to see the Goose is over his injury, too. :thumbsu:

With the outlook for dour wet footy the St Kildare forward line mosquito fleet is a concern. Would have liked to have seen our three playing this week of Green, Zorko and Banfield. Would have ommited Polkinghorne to make this possible. Karnezis and Ace should have just a bit more agility than their big forwards. Am interested in seeing Yeo in flesh for the first time, won the agility testing at last years combine but would think that shutting down his opponent might be his first concern at this. With the immenent wet weather think that having Merret down back instead of forward leaving a more mobile forward line is important also offering that stronger backline.

I can't recall that ever happening in the past. Patfull has always done fairly well on Riewoldt.

Yeah, that's been the match up almost every time that I can recall, with Sauce normally going to Kosi.

Riewoldt does seem to be playing more as a deep(er) forward in the last couple of years but I'd still give Patfull first crack.

Patfull does seem to perform better on the forwards who base their game on running. Riewoldt was terrific last week against the Bombers. The best I've seen him play for quite some time. If Patfull can restrict Riewoldt it will go a long way to helping us win.

The first "revolving door" style changes for the season. 5 changes is crazy, except for last year when it was the norm. Still I am so excited to see both Cornelius and Karnezis in the same side. I never thought it would happen, but it's going to be amazing. We have finally selected a f**cking dangerous forward line that if the midfield can get it too will rip teams apart. I am so excited for this game and I think if the midfield can break even we should score at least 120 points this week (which hopefully will be enough for the win).

CMON BOYS!

Agree the midfield needs to feed the beast !!! of a forward line :)
Heres hoping for a dry track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back