Autopsy Rd 17 Blues undersized and overwhelmed

Who played well for Carlton in Round 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What is going on with Jack Martin?

Thought Teague did remarkably well today.

Could not have asked for more from the coaches box.

Those pinning the blame on the box have NFI.

Actually happy with that, showed exactly where we are at against the best coached team in the league. And it is one of the few times this season we looked like we were playing for each other.

Forget Cerra, we are a number of talls short, also as Matt Rendell pointed out we are missing the older profiled players like Tuohey and Henderson.

Walsh, Weitering fantastic.

Coaching weaknesses and lack of advanced skills highlighted, eg how many smothers did Geelong have?

Excellent umpiring BTW.

But enjoyed the game overall.

CB

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skills deplorable. But our effort was strong throughout.

Game was even stats wise except for I50.

But they kicked most of their goals from turnover which is how they play. It angers me that we just handed it over.

Walsh is Walsh. Weitering is a monster. JSOS remains heart and soul.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ehhhhhh, result is not surprising given the squad available. List is legitimately decimated right now, lack of talls means opportunity for repeat inside 50s and scoreboard pressure is minimal. Broke even in clearances and tackles.

Geelong are superbly strictly coached. Their style sucks but it beats shitty/flakey teams like Carlton fairly easily.

images

Two things

First and foremost - Sam Walsh is a bona fide champion who needs to be protected at all costs, would gladly take a bullet for him and or donate a compatable/healthy organ for him and

2 - The Club is clearly at a crosswords with direction and coaching etc
Although my faith in Teague is waning a bit, given our late outs, it was always going to be very tough.

Umpiring pissed me off too, although to be fair, a lot of it was due to own own sloppiness.

I refuse to let them ruin my weekend though. Come on The Three Lions v Italy x

In the end they had more I50s and scoring shots... There were some good signs in terms of effort, but what seems like lack of effort by some, and lack of skills, is just getting to me. At times I feel we are not that far off, but also feel we've still got a significant gap to cross. Not as down as after other losses, but....

Can't fault the effort. Some accuracy might have put Geelong under more pressure.

Those who bag us need to remember how much our forward line has been decimated this year.

Don't understand a lot of the comments after that one.

Effort was solid. Tactics were solid.

Outgunned and mismatched, with poor skill execution at times and poor goal accuracy.

We only had 1 less scoring shot.

We were never winning that with 2 important late outs and only 1 of our first 10 genuine scoring opportunities being a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 17 Blues undersized and overwhelmed

Back