Autopsy Rd 17 Blues undersized and overwhelmed

Who played well for Carlton in Round 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cut it out, Arrow.
He had a plus one at the contest all game, allowing the second best interceptor in the comp to do as he pleased.

Unless by “solid”, you mean “incompetent”

So it was Teague's fault we couldn't convert?

Give it a rest, I have been critical of Teague this year, but he doesn't kick for goal

Ok... 6 games left in the season, what should we do.

Bring in the kids.

Honey, he's had 2 games... time for a refresher for the fans so we can see how far he's progressed this year.
Ramsey... lets see what he's got and give him a taste of AFL football.
Durdin, give Owies a couple of weeks rest and lets see him at the top level to see how long he's going to take to get there.
Carroll... Newnes out, Carroll in. Time for him to get a taste of the big show.
Kemp, give him a couple of games to whet our appetites on what he could bring to the side.

Would have been good to see Philp out there... but it's just not to be this year.

What is going on with Jack Martin?
He is the same Jack Martin that was at Gold Coast -- always been an unfulfilled talent .. I said two weeks ago need to play him like Rowan mostly deep if he on fire good but expect him to go missing for large portions of the game -- he is not a player you can put in an important position in your structure

Annoying game that pretty much sums up our season, lacked polish and beaten when it counts, had our moments and didn’t take them..

Weiters just unbelievable, Walsh ridiculous..

I thought we had good contributions from Silvagni, Willow, Saad & TDK.

what on earth has happened to Setterfield in 12 months, is a shadow of the player he was last year.
Martin and Betts gave us nothing, but I reckon that had more to do with our undersized fwd structure.

all in all a predictable result, and I think has as many green shoots as there was negatives.

Newnes, Fogarty and Curnow ..... couldn’t get near it or butchered it. Take your pick. Need to move them out.
Arr0w - Campaign has started..........:thumbsu:

My campaign? All you do is have the same players in your sights, but now you have added Fog, when I highlighted his ineffectiveness at the start of the year

I don’t think we were that bad.
Obviously poor kicking both at goal and some critical turnovers killed us but there was some positives as well.
Setters was shocking, Martin should not play if he can’t run.
Loved Walsh and Weitering!
Need to play Kemp soon. And hey, if the jungle drums are right we may actually see CC In about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Sam Walsh is a dead set freak! The kid is only just 21 and is consistently in the top 5 players on the ground…will go close to the Brownlow this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it was Teague's fault we couldn't convert?

Give it a rest, I have been critical of Teague this year, but he doesn't kick for goal
I apologise. A coach does not kick for goal, you’re right.

He selects the team, decides their best positions, outlines the game plan, sets the non negotiable standards, inspires and motivates, disciplines where needed, drives continuous improvement.

Bang up job so far.

Goal kicking is about mental fortitude. 5 goals 14 is lacking that fortitude. Not taking the game on is lacking the killer instinct.

Undermanned and losing to a team that would have probably beaten us even if we weren't. Effort and intent were there. This game told us nothing that we didn't know before it was played.

My campaign? All you do is have the same players in your sights, but now you have added Fog, when I highlighted his ineffectiveness at the start of the year

Call it as I see it. Fogarty’s pressure and disposal was reasonable early on this year. Always lacked kicking penetration but made up for it. Other areas have dropped away and is a liability. Curnow is done and is doing nothing to change my mind and Newnes butchering went to another level this game. Teague needs to be brutal with these players, if he wants to play attacking football.

Ok... 6 games left in the season, what should we do.

Bring in the kids.

Honey, he's had 2 games... time for a refresher for the fans so we can see how far he's progressed this year.
Ramsey... lets see what he's got and give him a taste of AFL football.
Durdin, give Owies a couple of weeks rest and lets see him at the top level to see how long he's going to take to get there.
Carroll... Newnes out, Carroll in. Time for him to get a taste of the big show.
Kemp, give him a couple of games to whet our appetites on what he could bring to the side.

Would have been good to see Philp out there... but it's just not to be this year.
We should blood some of the kids but I get the feeling we won't. DT sounded like getting Murph to the 300 was more urgent.

I'm also disappointed in the MC (again...) for disrespectful selection and a lack of overall integrity.

We lose Levi Casboult pre-game so Setterfield is chosen? Why? On the back of no matches in 4 weeks and a dodgy hand.

That's disrespectful to guys who have been toiling away like Honey, Ramsay and Kemp. Let alone Fisher who is infinitely more talented and useful on the wing.

Will. Setterfield. Is. Not. An. Automatic. Selection.
Surely honey Kemp and Ramsay can equal the output of Martin, fogarty and Setters.

Absolutely atrocious performance at the selection table...again.

Most of the lads had a crack though, and Walsh/Weiters were superb.

I apologise. A coach does not kick for goal, you’re right.

He selects the team, decides their best positions, outlines the game plan, sets the non negotiable standards, inspires and motivates, disciplines where needed, drives continuous improvement.

Bang up job so far.

hey 'coach' - do me a favour and tell me where the ignore button is too tempting to rip you a knew one and you aren't worth the effort - floggo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 17 Blues undersized and overwhelmed

Back