Preview RD 17 Geelong v Demons Thur July 7th 2022 720 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most people think Narkle won't be with us next season, but it's gotta be said his last game was good. Much better intensity around the ball and defensive pressure. Kicked a long range beauty. If he's dropped again after one game, i feel like it's pretty tough.
Sorry but blah blah blah was only against a side that would not beat a VFA side, no narkle lol

I know most people think Narkle won't be with us next season, but it's gotta be said his last game was good. Much better intensity around the ball and defensive pressure. Kicked a long range beauty. If he's dropped again after one game, i feel like it's pretty tough.
If he stays in the team and backs up well again I can see him staying tbh. We just have nothing in that 23-27 profile and he is handy depth worse case scenario. Going to be a few retirements end of year.

Selwood and SDK for Narkle and Kolo would be odds-on at this stage.
Nodding Lol GIF by SoulPancake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im starting to get more interested by who’s named in the emergencies this week: Knevitt is a bit out of the blue, Neale still ahead of esava is a slight surprise as I thought they’d be looking to get one or two more games before finals so he’s primed as a ‘just in case,’ or even for tomorrow if Stanley doesn’t pull up, and no Higgins. Must be planning on using Narkle as sub.

To celebrate Retro Round, the Cats’ jumper for the clash will reflect the knitted wool style that dominated until the 1990s and features the crouching Cat logo that was in place between 1983 and 1999.

The Club will also pay tribute to its 2011 premiership team, 10 years on.

The game will commence at 7.20pm with gates open two hours prior. Make sure you arrive early for the pre-game activities, including fireworks!

Geelong will name its medical substitute an hour prior to the first bounce.

Round 17 Team​

INS: Joel Selwood, Sam De Koning

OUTS: Jake Kolodjashnij (injured), Quinton Narkle (omitted)

BacksZach GuthrieSam De KoningJed Bews
Half BacksJack HenryMark BlicavsZach Tuohy
CentrelineMitch DuncanJeremy CameronIsaac Smith
Half ForwardsTom AtkinsTom HawkinsPatrick Dangerfield
ForwardsBrad CloseGary RohanTyson Stengle
FollowersRhys StanleyCameron GuthrieJoel Selwood
InterchangeSam MenegolaMax HolmesMark O'Connor
Gryan Miers
EmergenciesFrancis EvansQuinton NarkleMitch Knevitt
Shannon Neale

As expected, Selwood and SDK in for Kolo and Narkle.

As expected. Miers is lucky (and narkle sub probably) but no one other than stephens is banging the door down and his ankle might still be iffy.

No sav or ceglar in the emergencies i hope means stanley will play..i shudder if hes a late withdrawal and we dont bring in another ruck to support blitz.

I like Miers but he’s pretty fortunate to hold his spot. Been a bit under par lately. Ditto O’Connor

Yep, Holmes is another who has been poor the last two weeks.
Holmes, Miers, Rohan, O'Conner, these guys need to start putting it all together before finals time. Big game for Holmes. Need his speed to harass those Melbourne ball carriers.

Has there been a more open even race for the premiership in recent times?? You can make a genuine case for any side in the top 8 on their given day topping any other top 8 side.

The biggest underrated smokey for the flag amongst those top 8 sides has to be collingwood tho. Knocked over carlton, melbourne, fremantle, and only narrowly lost to brisbane in brisbane by 7 points.

They are right up there with the rest of the competing sides.

Alot of this years race will come down to fitness and form at the right time.

Do we go in with a full fit 22 or do we have some major issues like a half fit duncan returning and no stewart? Or do we go in fully fit and it is melbourne this time underdone or get a flu wipe out their side for the week??

Has not been this exciting and an open race for many years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back