Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo is a gun.
Gibbs is a gun.
Yarran is a gun.
(all 25 and under might I add given we apparently only have a list of old plodders).

Doc is going to be seriously good. Nickey earn himself a full game.

Waite played the way he did because he was made to earn his spot (which he's never truly had to do before). It was good coaching. Waite wouldn't have played like that if he hadn't been dropped. Only Mick haters will say 'Waite should've never been dropped'.
Jeffy next please Mick.

Wood - broke even in the ruck but was the more influential ruck man around the ground for me. Has come so bloody far since I saw him being lapped at training in December. That tackle on Boomer was awesome.

Simmo - I seriously thought he'd be tagged out of the game with Walker out but he was back into good form. Love him.

Ed Curnow - Boomer probably had him in the first quarter but from then on he owned him. Kept Boomer to 1 second quarter possession. Love Ed.

Rowey - solid dependable defender. Tick to Mick.

Whitey - finally getting a serious run at it and we're seeing he is more than a capable player.

Juddy just showed patches of the old Juddster. With Gibbs & Murph dominating, Juddy doesn't need to be massive for 4 quarters. We can afford to have him making cameos if he's fulfilling his role.

Menz injury is certainly a downer on things + Dre's. Fingers crossed for both.

By the way - Hendo's match worn jumper is now 3/3 (including the win Hendo wore it in) for 15 goals from Hendo (Dogs, Stk & Norf). I guess I won't be framing it any time soon.

Keep wearing that bad boy. Can't break a winning superstition.

My sister bought me a new carlton beanie today. Its 1/1

Can I just add - Boomer is a dirty player. Lachie Hansen isn't a defenders a-hole (intercept marker yes - one on one defender NO). Majak might be able to mark a footy but has no idea what to do with it after.

Absolutely agree with that, I've always liked him but tonight he really annoyed me. Biggest whinger ever and just overly aggressive. Like when he got the mark on Ed in the square, fine you took the mark but go back and kick the goal and use your actions to show you're better rather than pushing into him and walking off carrying on.

Absolutely agree with that, I've always liked him but tonight he really annoyed me. Biggest whinger ever and just overly aggressive. Like when he got the mark on Ed in the square, fine you took the mark but go back and kick the goal and use your actions to show you're better rather than pushing into him and walking off carrying on.

Belted Curnow behind play at least 4 times in the first half alone. And badly. Not just love taps. Left Curnow down on his haunches once or twice.

Also, that warm fuzzy feeling when Sam Docherty is involved in the play and you feel all is well.

He's a brilliant footballer when on but we really didn't miss the weekly Andrew Walker defensive efforts and rebound 50 toe breakers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, that warm fuzzy feeling when Sam Docherty is involved in the play and you feel all is well.

And you gotta love how much passion he shows. Clearly loves the team. Nearly did a Bucks like celebration when Hendo kicked one of his goals.

It definitely did, if you cant see that you are crazy. Imagine beating essendon in 05 and getting Gumby instead of Gibbs, or beating melbourne and not having the pick to trade for Judd.

Yes things have not worked out in our rebuild, but tanking was not to blame.

In poker terms

We have a sh1t hand, time to fold....if we keep banking on it, it's on going to cost us in the long run.
Throwing games breeds a losing culture. It doesn't matter how many high draft picks you have - if you drill into the players that losing is okay, then a lot of that hunger to achieve is gone.

It is the AFL's duty to help push North up the ladder at the expense of teams such as Carlton. This match wouldn't have helped the AFL's preferred plans. I think this loss should mean that North should be given more funds from the AFL from the future fund so they can invest in a bigger coaching team, more facilities, better wages.

Didn't Pittsburgh and New York Giants win the superbowls in previous years with lesser facilities/wages than other teams and without NFL direct involvement/assistance?
That's not the point. Here we do it differently. The aim is to push certain teams up the ladder and fast.

It is the AFL's duty to do all possible to ensure "equalisation" where some teams are more equal than others. North, Port and Melbourne are all "more equal" than other teams. Does Carlton still directly deposit money via equalisation into North's account?

I hope Carlton can give money directly to Port Adelaide as well...or has the "equalisation" assistance already helped there? nahh..a couple more years of assistance just to cement them in the top 4 is a good idea.

what a try hard. He thought he'd slip in a probing question at the end of the press conference. The commentators were laughing at him afterwards.

Sam Lane curiously absent.

Lane's a dumbass. Got it all wrong regarding Waite thinking she was in the know, then has a sook at MM response now can't face the music.

She's a poor journalist and an even poorer Carlton supporter.

The most undeserving spanker to reach 400 in the history of the game.

He's a front runner, and a diver. Has survived the 400 by avoiding contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back