Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Normally I'd agree but pick 1-6 all sound fairly similar in terms of potential. One win is fine. Just do t keep it up...
Losing hasn't served us well in the past.
Winning culture and confidence is worth infinatly more than a couple of draft possitions
You mean other than building on what has been a pretty disappointing year.
In terms of draft selections, we'll still get a very player come November.

Love where you are all coming from, but if you truly think this way the AFL is not fot you...come and watch Whitefriars V Melbourne High in the Ammos tomorrow if you want to watch pure footy.

Take your heart out of it (which is how the AFL is now set up).

We have no winning culture, and have absolutely no chance of winning a flag until GC and GWS's run of impending success. Anyone over 23 is virtually useless. We needed to lose this game to give us a chance at Petracca. We need to make shrewd moves and look to the distant future (6 years+).

This Rebuild has failed, time to start again.

Signing Gibbs was a terrible mistake (I dont care that his been our best player this year, a pick after our first would have been more valuable), we need to seriously look at where our next flag is coming from and take the steps backwards to go forwards.

Winning tonight has done nothing to help us win 17.....

Great win, great work by Cam Wood, marks by big forwards, but I tell you, I'm particularly enjoying every moment when The Great Man touches the ball.

How about Gibba? What a year he's having.

Also, I like White because he likes to give back what he gets. Robbo's bump was nice. Like to see our team dish it out with aggression for a change.

Love where you are all coming from, but if you truly think this way the AFL is not fot you...come and watch Whitefriars V Melbourne High in the Ammos tomorrow if you want to watch pure footy.

Take your heart out of it (which is how the AFL is now set up).

We have no winning culture, and have absolutely no chance of winning a flag until GC and GWS's run of impending success. Anyone over 23 is virtually useless. We needed to lose this game to give us a chance at Petracca. We need to make shrewd moves and look to the distant future (6 years+).

This Rebuild has failed, time to start again.

Signing Gibbs was a terrible mistake (I dont care that his been our best player this year, a pick after our first would have been more valuable), we need to seriously look at where our next flag is coming from and take the steps backwards to go forwards.

Winning tonight has done nothing to help us win 17.....

No interest in coming down and watching Melbourne High.... have my own game to play tomorrow.

You may as well give up watching AFL now if you can't enjoy a win.

Tanking is horrible for an AFL club. Look what it did to Melbourne. A culture that is taking forever to turn around. Would rather us try our guts out every match and go up a few possitions in the draft.

Also no club can just stick a fork in it because the two expansion clubs are expected to have success. Nothing is set in stone.

Edit: If you don't have your heart in it, the perhaps the AFL and CFC isn't for you anymore mate.

Winning is always of benefit to the club, the team and it's supporters.

It is what we want every time the team steps onto the field.

This win was particularly important as it was against an opponent which is much more highly regarded than our own. It gives the players self belief and shows what is possible when they play as a team and stick to what they are meant to be doing.

It gives us supporters hope and some confidence that we are going down the right track.

It doesn't mean we are where we want to be but it does show us that if we are patient and allow players to be developed individually and for the team to learn how to play for each other there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Give me winning over losing any day. I don't care whether we end up with pick 4,5,6,7 or 8 in the draft at the end of the year. I want to see the team playing to win every week for the rest of the year.

Building a winning culture is the ultimate benefit to the club long term.

I really have to disagree with this.

You have to think about modern football and free agency. Winning culture is sadly now old-school bullsh!t, look at our window.

I will dead set give anyone on this thread 4-1 that GC or GWS will win a flag before we do.... We NEED to look beyond, sadly I don't think we will.

I like to watch slam dunks when I'm pumped after a win

1421597_o.gif

Just keeps higher and higher in that gif haha

It was a great night all round. A complete four quarter effort. Cameron Wood giving us a presence around the ground, Waite and Hendo dominating, the mid-fielders winning and Yaz and Simmo slicing through the opposition. For a North hater like me this was pure bliss.

However it was entertaining night off the ground. At half time a new family moved into the neighbourhood. North supporters mum, dad and two boys around 11 and 13. The boys were pretty loud and dad was on the front foot in defending his kids. I was happy to keep out of it as dad and a Carlton supporter went at it over the behaviour of his kids. The older kid was just a smart alec with a big mouth. It was the younger one who kept me entertained with his barracking. A North goal and he yells "It's not over until the fat lady sings" brought a smile to my face. In the last quarter he started to feel the pressure and started yelling at his dad "Why do you make barrack for this team? I want to barrack for a team that wins." I'm totally entertained now. Hendo responded with a couple of goals and the kid has full on lost it and mum decides her young boy should be protected from the rest of the game. She heads for the exit. She had to wait there for a while. Dad and older son still had plenty to say before they left as well.

Sometimes the off field footy is pure magic:D

When will winning become a good thing, K-Man?

Pretty sure we have the like the 3rd oldest list in the AFL. Winning in rd18 to put us two games ahead of melbourne (who will get 2 picks) is imo a very bad thing.

Yes menzel and doc might be a bit happier...but beating north won't all of the sudden give us a winning culture and make us the next Geelong (IMHO)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really have to disagree with this.

You have to think about modern football and free agency. Winning culture is sadly now old-school bullsh!t, look at our window.

I will dead set give anyone on this thread 4-1 that GC or GWS will win a flag before we do.... We NEED to look beyond, sadly I don't think we will.

I think they will too. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our wins when we have them. There are 18 teams. Only one can win each year.

Also when Collingwood won the flag, everyone was talking dynasty. When Hawks won the flag in 2008 everyone was talking dynasty. This is sport. Nothing is scripted. Anything can happen. Hell the GC an GWS might make 10 grand finals in a row and lose them all. Who knows.

Winning tonight is of no benefit to the club long term.

Every win matters. They all matter, always. That's the point of the game.

Last year we beat North Melbourne by 1point. Tonight we tore a huge whole in their year. Next time they will be even more wary, nervous and gun shy. And we'll beat them again, and again.

Pretty sure we have the like the 3rd oldest list in the AFL. Winning in rd18 to put us two games ahead of melbourne (who will get 2 picks) is imo a very bad thing.

Yes menzel and doc might be a bit happier...but beating north won't all of the sudden give us a winning culture and make us the next Geelong (IMHO)

Geelong have never finished below 12th.

I wonder how they rate teams who go out to lose.

The bolded stat literally means nothing since we could cull a bunch of experienced players and replace them with young unproven draftees for no rewards on or off the field.

No interest in coming down and watching Melbourne High.... have my own game to play tomorrow.

You may as well give up watching AFL now if you can't enjoy a win.

Tanking is horrible for an AFL club. Look what it did to Melbourne. A culture that is taking forever to turn around. Would rather us try our guts out every match and go up a few possitions in the draft.

Also no club can just stick a fork in it because the two expansion clubs are expected to have success. Nothing is set in stone.

Edit: If you don't have your heart in it, the perhaps the AFL and CFC isn't for you anymore mate.

I love the CFC, I'm not going anywhere, I have been to every Victorian game this year (besides Saturdays when I'm playing), being back at uni this year also allowed me to watch us train multiple times in the pre season. I'm not going to not buy a membership every year....like I did every year though the dark days

But, as good as it was watching it, and as much as I enjoyed the game.... on the drive home the consequences set in...

Take your emotions away from it and really look at our list. I know if a few things had gone our way we could have won a good 3-4 more games...but still, where that going to get us?

Gee I wish we didn't beat Richmond in that final last year. That did nothing to help us towards #17. We could have had a better draft pick... now we are stuck with Cripps :(

Last year was one of our strongest recruiting years and we finished 9th (or 8th or 6th depending how you look at it)
Shrewd recruiting and ladder position don't always go hand in hand.

Kruzering would be the only one unhappy that Gibbs signed :drunk:

I think Gibbs has been clearly our best player this year. But I also think getting rid of him would have been beneficial to us long term, if I'm wrong and Bryce Gibbs plays in a premiership for Carlton I will happily get a tattoo of that patronizing face you have used on my arse.

Unfortunately I feel that long term our list management are the ones that that face will be most relevant to.

Because throwing games worked so well for us last time.

It definitely did, if you cant see that you are crazy. Imagine beating essendon in 05 and getting Gumby instead of Gibbs, or beating melbourne and not having the pick to trade for Judd.

Yes things have not worked out in our rebuild, but tanking was not to blame.

In poker terms

We have a sh1t hand, time to fold....if we keep banking on it, it's on going to cost us in the long run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back