Preview Rd.18 West Coast Eagles vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathetic by our medical team, why wasn't their scans taken when Payne had foot soreness before the Melbourne game in which he missed. Probably made it worse playing against Adelaide, putting him back a few extra weeks.

It was already speculated by someone that it was going to be 6 weeks when he was out against Melbourne. I might be in the minority but I doubt we made it much worse when we didn’t even play him in the Prelim and the Grand Final last year. Most likely is that it improved somewhat before the Adelaide game and then got to a similar point to where it was that caused him to miss against Melbourne and they decided he wasn’t going to be able to play each week.

Payne out for 6 weeks is gonna hurt. Hopefully Joyce is up to the test
That makes things a bit harder.
Joyce just has to fit in with our team defense and do a job week by week.
Nothing fancy as he has some good ball users around him.
Was okay v Dees with a few obvious clangers. He took 5 marks along with his 15 disposals.
At least he has played in 5 wins and only 1 loss (Dogs by 14) in his 6 Lions games.

Andrews and Lester need to keep injury free for this period.

There is no one else in the VFL unless we go small with Prior at 189cm the next tallest which is a big gamble.
Maybe they should trial Henry Smith in defense the next few weeks to see how he holds up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic by our medical team, why wasn't their scans taken when Payne had foot soreness before the Melbourne game in which he missed. Probably made it worse playing against Adelaide, putting him back a few extra weeks.
You really do have to question this one. Was clearly sore and has a history in this type of injury I think. Bizarre they didn't rest him at least a few weeks

This could really hurt our chances of finishing in the 8 with the upcoming games we have. Doedee and Gardiner out really drained our depth. I think we have to be ready to find an alternative to Joyce quickly - I don't know what that is, maybe Ah Chee goes back? Reeling right now.

You really do have to question this one. Was clearly sore and has a history in this type of injury I think. Bizarre they didn't rest him at least a few weeks
He was quite clearly hobbling out there last week, so he was obviously carrying it into the game still. Poor decision whichever way you look at it now unfortunately.

Huge blow.

Hard to think it was well managed but who knows.

Harris to Allen.

Lester to Waterman - he’s not massive just good so Lester at his best can take him

Joyce to Darling - not the player he was

The oft-spoken team defence will be massive the next few weeks. If step it up we can finish 4th to 6th. If we are as loose as the last 2 weeks we will miss the 8.

The good thing for us is team defence is a lot about effort. If we want it enough we can cover him.

We have a very experienced backline
Im not sure I agree. We are effectively missing 3/7 from ideal backline. And then missing the two next in line backups in Gardiner and Answerth. Its getting pretty makeshift. That's not what you want for the run into finals

Zorko night be experienced but its not like he has played a heap in the backline over his career. Its worked so far but there is a cliff with that experience and I worry that losing 2 experienced players might be too many right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back