Preview Rd.18 West Coast Eagles vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its not confirmed that he will actually be coaching

“With that in mind, we’ve requested Adam coach the side one final time this weekend. As much as today is the announcement of the finish, we’d love Adam to coach one more time.”

A surprised Simpson quipped: “We haven’t made that call just yet, Pykey if I was going to coach this week.”

Pyke replied: “We’d like you to.”

Pressed on whether he would coach in this weekend’s Round 18 game at Optus Stadium, Simpson said: “I just need to get through today, I’m not quite sure yet, we’ll work through that.”

“With that in mind, we’ve requested Adam coach the side one final time this weekend. As much as today is the announcement of the finish, we’d love Adam to coach one more time.”

A surprised Simpson quipped: “We haven’t made that call just yet, Pykey if I was going to coach this week.”

Pressed on whether he would coach in this weekend’s Round 18 game at Optus Stadium, Simpson said: “I just need to get through today, I’m not quite sure yet, we’ll work through that.”

What kind of shambles is this.
They could've at least spoken to him in private before putting him on the spot.

Don Pyke must've looked around the room and realized he's the most qualified former coach available and went "faaarrrk I'm not coming out of my CEO suit for this sh1t, let me throw Simmo under the bus one last time"

You would have to wonder why Simpson would want to coach 1 more game, you would hardly think he would be portraying motivation and positivity to the playing group.
Yeah on how that played out in the pressa i would almost say it would be better for us if he had a farewell game given he doesn't seem that enthused.

Buckley seemed more at peace and always wanted a farewell when he did the same thing.

How many premiership players would be playing? Darling, Cripps, Barrass, Duggan, Yeo, Ryan from the weekend. A decent core. Gaff and Sheed struggling for a game. I guess they might all fire up for Simpson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realized Jack Darling has played 293 games.. my god, I thought he would've played 200-250..

293 is a big number for someone I thought lately was injured often.

My mail says he’s been waiting/ expecting to get sacked for a while but because of the financials he was never walking away - he’s long odds to be in the box on Saturday
He even seemed to be saying bring it on in his post match last week.

Just unenthusiatic about the game as well . Probably tuned out long ago.

Jarrad Schofield is the interim coach. They have left the door open to Simpson coaching on Sunday, but if not, it will be Schofield.

What’s the better outcome for us?

Lions best case - WC players have been pivotal in the sacking of simpson.

But the board keeps him there for this week as a respect/exit game thing.

WC players won't be happy, everything falls apart on field to prove simpson sacking is good for them.

Lions win by 105.

Worst case - WC players love the interim coach and get their **** together to show their happiness. WC by less than a goal.

He even seemed to be saying bring it on in his post match last week.

Just unenthusiatic about the game as well . Probably tuned out long ago.

I saw that as well and thought he was asking to be sacked, but making the club be the instigator. I guess that would be a better severance payout situation.

I hated that 3-4 year period where West Coast would come to the Gabba and destroy us.

Normally a beautiful afternoon in the sun watching them outrun us from start to finish
Aker had a theory about their extraordinary run.

Got lampooned mercilessly for his comments at the time

Some interesting revelations ensued in the years following

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The worry now a few players got him sacked
Everyone be up and about to play for him.. So no one points the finger it was them.
I think you could see some examples if looking for anything at all re game against Melbourne for the eagles players. One astounding act was when a melbourne player having a shot at goal about 45 metres out and Jamaine Jones was standing the mark and did not raise or move hands at all in the air when melbourne player kicked the ball. Staggering when i watched it live to be honest. No attempt whatsoever to put hands up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back