Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After dispensing of the Filth on their deck and putting the toothless brigade back in their box... we are back home this week Vs the unpredictable Doggies.

They have plenty of skill and talent when they remember where they put it and rediscover how to use it.

WE are rolling along well with 3 on the trot with a great blend of youthful exuberance and old wiley guile and experience currently.

Is it possible we go unchanged again this week?

Neale's throat might be a concern and maybe a Vet is due another rotation of management.

A sat night home game should allow most to attend so the turnout should be good ticket wise.

WE need to keep getting games into the kids as well.

Kneviit, Cohesy and Hardie all banging the door down in the VFL. MOC and Mullin also ready to return. Stanley and Bews also putting hands up.

Maybe Clark gets a rest ( not VFL) and Duncan out for same and Knevitt and Hardie or Clohesy / MOC back in.

Many choices at this stage of the season is a good thing.

Stewy also perhaps being watched after the head clash and his recent history.

GO Catters

Is Naughton due back after his concussion? Wonder how he'll go if so.

Dogs looked a bit more dynamic with him out but it did rely on their #2 to be "on song", which isn't a given.

Changes - Clark or Tuohy "managed".

Maybe Rohan to sub and OHenry to the forward line.

MOC might be handy this week - other than him +/- Knev back coming in, would prefer the same lineup - odds are probably generous given Dogs have been effective at breaking down our system in recent times (particularly at GMHBA) - then rotate players through management phases in the next three rounds

Was it Liberatore that had a day out last time?
Yeah he dominated in the middle.

But our full-time mids in the guts for that game were Bruhn, Bowes, Parfitt and Clark.

This time around we will mainly have Danger, Stewart, Atkins and some Bowes in there... So it'll be a different (much better) dynamic.

Yeah he dominated in the middle.

But our full-time mids in the guts for that game were Bruhn, Bowes, Parfitt and Clark.

This time around we will mainly have Danger, Stewart, Atkins and some Bowes in there... So it'll be a different (much better) dynamic.

Oh yeah I forgot how undermanned we were

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our biggest danger game in our run home.
Being a longtime punter i backed the Dogs to win it all/top 4 at the break.
We were in a slump, add to that i don't think we are a top 4 side when all is said and done.
Dogs have too many quality players right across the park to be outside the 8.
Gonna be a real test of to see where we really are.
Our home deck is a plus. But, Which the Dogs don't mind.
With Naughton & Treloar coming back just enhances their chances.
I have a feeling Stanley will play. Allowing SDK play down back on either Darcy/Naughton/JUH.
Interesting to see if 2E Clark or even OH plays.
Hoping Neale is ok 2 go.
From the Magoos the only blokes i can see in getting elevated for the game are Stanley and believe it or not Jed Bews.
Interesting week. Fingers crossed Treloar is still out and Naughton has a post concuss game.
Cheers Boys!

Our biggest danger game in our run home.
Being a longtime punter i backed the Dogs to win it all/top 4 at the break.
We were in a slump, add to that i don't think we are a top 4 side when all is said and done.
Dogs have too many quality players right across the park to be outside the 8.
Gonna be a real test of to see where we really are.
Our home deck is a plus. But, Which the Dogs don't mind.
With Naughton & Treloar coming back just enhances their chances.
I have a feeling Stanley will play. Allowing SDK play down back on either Darcy/Naughton/JUH.
Interesting to see if 2E Clark or even OH plays.
Hoping Neale is ok 2 go.
From the Magoos the only blokes i can see in getting elevated for the game are Stanley and believe it or not Jed Bews.
Interesting week. Fingers crossed Treloar is still out and Naughton has a post concuss game.
Cheers Boys!

Rd 22 v Fremantle, Optus Stadium is our biggest danger game in our run home.

Rd 22 v Fremantle, Optus Stadium is our biggest danger game in our run home.
Nah. Freo at Freo is L in the Win/Loss column.
Playing at home should be a W. but as we have seen this year. 2 bad home losses have hurt us badly.
With those banked we would have been second placed in a canter by years' end.

Nah. Freo at Freo is L in the Win/Loss column.
Playing at home should be a W. but as we have seen this year. 2 bad home losses have hurt us badly.
With those banked we would have been second placed in a canter by years' end.

We're 2-2 against Freo at Optus - so no reason why we won't make that 3-2 and take advantage in the head to head at that ground

We're 2-2 against Freo at Optus - so no reason why we won't make that 3-2 and take advantage in the head to head at that ground
We are 90% at home yet we've lost 2 this year already.
Home teams Home grounds always get the advantage.
The Rule of a Punter.
Unless u r Norf or Ninthmond LOL.

We are 90% at home yet we've lost 2 this year already.
Home teams Home grounds always get the advantage.
The Rule of a Punter.
Unless u r Norf or Ninthmond LOL.

And Fremantle has lost 2 games at Optus this year already - they were one of the 3 opponents that WCE have defeated & Sydney got the job done at Optus

I wouldn't be ruling us out just because it's their home ground

Similar situation with GWS when they play us at KP - while we have the overall win/loss over them at 9-6 & 1 draw, for matches at KP it's 4-4 and thinking they've won the last 4 on the trot

We know there's an element of advantage with a teams home ground, but need to take the right mindset into the match - and we need to remember that when they designed Optus Stadium, they did so to be more aligned with the size of the MCG. So the MCG is 160m x 141m, with Optus 165 x 130m - we've been playing the MCG pretty well this season, so no reason why out game style won't translate to the size of Optus

Is this really the Bailey Smith Cup?

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back