Game Day Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation of Rhys out there with the VFL team - thinking the last few weeks have provided a clear picture that Stanley is really seen as an emergency for the seniors, and with Conway on the sidelines, it's SDK who's now our preferred ruck option

Neither Parfitt or Clohesy out there though - so maybe a late change with an extra mid to get a run

So there will be some different roles employed tonight. Not so much starting positions but where they go after the bounce. A couple of players will be asked to sacrifice some offence to sure up defensive structure. Coaches working overboard specific on the Dogs…Going to be interesting to watch

So there will be some different roles employed tonight. Not so much starting positions but where they go after the bounce. A couple of players will be asked to sacrifice some offence to sure up defensive structure. Coaches working overboard specific on the Dogs…Going to be interesting to watch

Given that we havent picked a ruck and they are tall we will have to be creative.
I just hope we dont ruck knevitt.

Bruhn will be straight back in next week.

Given that we havent picked a ruck and they are tall we will have to be creative.
I just hope we dont ruck knevitt.

Bruhn will be straight back in next week.

We've picked a ruck - SDK, it's becoming clearer each week that he's our preferred option in that role

Stanley playing vfl.

No parfitt or clohesy so id say we have a late change..hopefully clohesy in as sub (i assume tuohy maybe out) and not parfitt in.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a watch on Neale - he was subbed out last week after the hit to the throat which did end with a trip to hospital after the match

Maybe there's a watch on him to see how he's pulled up ahead of the match - giving him every opportunity to prove he's ok, but some questions still there

This is what I love about Scott, and us as a club as a collective. We are progressive, adaptable and innovative. We will deploy different and various tactics and adjust the way we play / setup depending on the conditions, opposition and how the opposition want to play.

I thought we adjusted to perfection in the second half last week. We initially got sucked into playing chaos, quick footy which suited the Pies. In the second half, we controlled the tempo, took much more uncontested marks and took the game on, on our terms when we were ready and players had spread to the right positions.

Our ability to have several plans in place and adjust our apporach depending on how the other team is playing is second to none IMO.

I'm expecting a good showing tonight - there will be times when the Dogs have it on their terms and the momentum, but I think we will come out on top.

This is what I love about Scott, and us as a club as a collective. We are progressive, adaptable and innovative. We will deploy different and various tactics and adjust the way we play / setup depending on the conditions, opposition and how the opposition want to play.

I thought we adjusted to perfection in the second half last week. We initially got sucked into playing chaos, quick footy which suited the Pies. In the second half, we controlled the tempo, took much more uncontested marks and took the game on, on our terms when we were ready and players had spread to the right positions.

Our ability to have several plans in place and adjust our apporach depending on how the other team is playing is second to none IMO.

I'm expecting a good showing tonight - there will be times when the Dogs have it on their terms and the momentum, but I think we will come out on top.
True. And it needs players being prepared to trust the coaches - in particular if they have to sacrifice some offence (which a couple of players will tonight)… they need full faith that it will help the team win and they will be rewarded for playing their role.

Cooler for Bont? Bowes needs a big one…… likewise Holmes and other mids helping Paddy…… De Koning ruck looks good. Their tall forwards though might mean he plays down back?
Don’t know who the cooler would be…I would have said Blitz could have a crack but he will be tied up I reckon with a fair amount of rucking around the ground (to allow SDK to float back in general play)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn 10 poss and a goal in first 10 minutes of the VFL qtr says he is ready! (Although Hardie also racking it up Bruhn much more damaging)

I would have put tanner straight back in the 1s today but regardless he will be next week.

Is it bad that I'm praying that it will be too cold for the old farts that sit behind me every week shouting "WHO KICKED THAT GOAL? CAMERON?" "NO IT WAS NEALE!?" "NO IT WAS CAMERON THEY SAID ON THE RADIO" "WELL WHY DID YOU ASK ME THEN" to turn up?

It's absolutely pissing down at the moment - I wouldn't be surprised if this is our smallest home crowd for the season

So windy in Williamstown- might be similar down the highway. Might settle by tonight.

Seeing you mentioned it - i think it is an utter joke and disgrace that the team we are playing is called the Western Bulldogs

You look at the NRL , The Canterbury-Bankstown rugby league club , they are the 2 big suburbs out in that district , and that club is known as the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

And it should be the same in the AFL - the ground is in Footscray , and the other big suburb out that way is Williamstown , beautiful right on the water , so in my opinion the name of that club should be the Footscray-Williamstown Football club , that would be a fantastic name , not the blooody Western Bulldogs

I'm gathering Knevitt will be a part of that

I think Howla said this on our ruck, it might work
SDK back in defence and Blitz as our main ruck with Neale plays as the 2nd ruck, while we Henry and Rohan and Cameron playing as our main Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back