Preview Rd 19 Geel V Port Sat July 23 435pm (AEST) @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly PA didn't make the wholesale changes that came out of the footy dept through the week. Jase Burgoyne and too the PA's faithful absolute melts on their boards lol James McEntee.
R. Gray is playing sore as is Butters.
Another test for SDK with the match up on Dixon/Finlayson.
Sorry for intrusion but Gray isn't playing sore, he's playing old.
We're melting over McEntee as he's genuinely rubbish and not even VFL 5th seniors standard.

A solid test for SDK is less Dixon and more Marshall - he's been our best forward/player this year by far

So we kill Kennys career instead?

I suspect Kenny’s got one more year and then port will make a massive play for dimmer. Kenny won’t do it and I have a feeling it will be a mid season next year end. Five losses I think it was to start this year was bad for him.

Sorry for intrusion but Gray isn't playing sore, he's playing old.
We're melting over McEntee as he's genuinely rubbish and not even VFL 5th seniors standard.

A solid test for SDK is less Dixon and more Marshall - he's been our best forward/player this year by far
Did I hear rite but Marshall might of been injured?

IIRC Cameron had a bit of a mare for much of the Melb game but killed it against the Blues. I see Rohan has been performing much better with the quicker ball movement. Suits his speed

I noticed and was super impressed with the fear effect of Rohan’s closing speed and same goes for Danger. There were allot of panicky kicks to our advantage when they heard either coming for them. Can not pick this up on the telecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I suspect Kenny’s got one more year and then port will make a massive play for dimmer. Kenny won’t do it and I have a feeling it will be a mid season next year end. Five losses I think it was to start this year was bad for him.
I don't see how the ship is salvageable at this point. Surely he's out end of this year

I noticed and was super impressed with the fear effect of Rohan’s closing speed and same goes for Danger. There were allot of panicky kicks to our advantage when they heard either coming for them. Can not pick this up on the telecast.

That's one thing I remember strongly from his first year here. You could sometimes even pick the point where the defender sees Rohan and panics. There's something about looking behind you and seeing he's covered 30% more distance than you expected

Yeah, what you're applying there is a coaching/player perspective. Believe it or not, we have no influence with our speculation. How you're talking above is how I think in any team I am personally playing in. I understand it is a protective mechanism to not get your hopes up while considering each game as a 50/50 at best - however it's not really based in logical assessment. Nobody is declaring a certain outcome, merely what is most likely.

Any team can beat any other team on a given day - everyone has gone over that a thousand times. However if Geelong bring their usual level and their opponents also do, the odds are heavily in favour of one of the best performed teams in the comp so far. You could say the same about Melbourne but actually, their form is comparably patchy at this stage.

And if not Pickett port may well have won. He kicked at least three ridiculous once in a lifetime goals in the Alice to down Port.

Good to see him back pressuring the kick ins.

What I am finding interesting is the league wide acknowledgement of how influential and talented mark blicavs is from opposition fans.

I have heard multiple times now fans saying they need to send a “tagger” to run all day with blicavs..

Our negating tagger being tagged himself? He must really bother opposition each week to be getting such comments

Cripps is a bit of w***er sorry. Dropped his lower lip in a couple of marking contests that Blics appeared from no where to mark it. Sam Walsh was hard at it all game. My feel is Cripps preferred it when he was the only star of the show. A bit nasty I know but I was surprised. Hoping Dixon gets towelled by Blics as well as he’s a dirty player, sorry if that offends. He is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VicWard uses the word "projecting". It was Freud who first wrote about projection in this sense. Interesting because if VW read the 'The Pyschopathology of Everyday Life' he'd see what I'm getting at.

A couple of years ago we finished top of the ladder and on the eve of the finals Scott said, "I think we'll be even better next year." Why was it necessary to say such a thing at that time? It just signalled the message: I'm nor sure how we got here and I'm not sure we can win the flag. And nor did we.

Further, i never get why some posters employ such a nasty tone when responding to the observations of other Cats supporters. We all follow the same team do we not? By definition a forum like this is an invitation for the expression of opinion and it is my considered opinion that the kind of talk I have cited is futile and unproductive - demonstrably so in the case of our team in recent years.

It was Carl Jung who surmised "If everything can go wrong; it's opposite should also populate the mind, i.e. optimism. This would be sure to have built in tools to safely exit the psychic state of chaos, making sure that States of dismay are inserted with internal layout to change something."

I'm not sure old Carl played much AFL, but maybe (without knowing context) he'd agree Scott was allowing himself both a positive assertion and a loophole, that was......optimistic.
Even the best can get better, so I'm not sure why his message antagonised you.
Extended with the greatest of respect- posters who don't agree with you are not necessarily nasty.

And if not Pickett port may well have won. He kicked at least three ridiculous once in a lifetime goals in the Alice to down Port.

I hate to say it because we had a valued win against them, but Melbourne are playing mediocre footy for now. Their only performance of note lately was against Brisbane.

If we put them to the sword, it could have been an 8 to 10 goal thrashing down at Geelong. That's what I'd expect at Geelong against Port if we played our best. At Adelaide, that's reduced to a few goals.

All of the above is simply on the pretence Geelong bring a high level of course, which is never a guarantee.

I hate to say it because we had a valued win against them, but Melbourne are playing mediocre footy for now. Their only performance of note lately was against Brisbane.

If we put them to the sword, it could have been an 8 to 10 goal thrashing down at Geelong. That's what I'd expect at Geelong against Port if we played our best. At Adelaide, that's reduced to a few goals.

All of the above is simply on the pretence Geelong bring a high level of course, which is never a guarantee.

I'd expect a good win even running on our 75% against a team that is undermanned and under motivated, but yes, capable to run close.
We were hugely inaccurate against them at home in May, I'm betting that 6 goal win increases. 58 points FTR.

Are we wearing our Retro guernsey again this week? I hope so. Thought it was a ripper.
Do you mean this one?

images

I feel your pain - went through all those losses but was only a little tacker in 67 so thankfully no recollection :)
Was there in 2007 for the drought breaker though and backed that up in 2011 so do have happier memories as well thank goodness.
Geelong didnt have an excuse in the world - and the reason i say that - is Neville Crow who was Richmonds no 1 ruckman and a very good player - he got 4 weeks for hitting Nicholls in the 2nd semi - and he didnt even hit him - so he didnt play in the GF

It would be like Max Gawn not playing in the GF for Melb - a pretty big advantage to the opposition - and we couldnt beat Richmond without their number 1 ruckman

The 67 GF ( unlike most of the other GFs in the 60s which had pretty ordinary skills ) was a sensational game - end to end stuff - and seeing you and i have have both got Goggin in our User Name - Billy in the 1st qtr kicked one of the all time great Grand Final goals - took the ball off the pack - had a bounce and at top pace - kicked a drop kick straight over the goal umpires head - just sensational skill - not many players could do that

I like the team as selected... strongest line-up this season so far.
No senior players being managed yet, expect a few rested next week.
The team is in good form and looking to take this game seriously.
Suggests Cats are playing to cement a top two spot and home finals.
Hinkley is coaching for his career and will have them fired up for a good start.
Cats have the ability to withstand their onslaught and make them fold.

Of the four Emergencies:-
Dahlhaus: Experienced and reliable but everyone know his shortcomings.... doubtful
Stevens: I believe has been named as a reward / encouragement for a good performance in VFL... very doubtful
Perfitt: Back from hand injury, needs time handling the ball, perhaps still feeling the effects of Covid... maybe rushed back
Neale: Named a few times already, team needs another marking target F50, Plying well in VFL
May be given another chance to test and decide between him and Ceglar... likely Sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back