Preview Rd 19 Geel V Port Sat July 23 435pm (AEST) @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....and back to the Peel Adelaide... I mean Port Adelaide danger game.....

Is it time to give Blitz a week off this week as we are gonna need him big time going forward... especially after Kingy spends all week breaking down what he's doing each game now.

GO Catters

Big call, but probably one that has to be made soon, if they're going to do it at all.

Congrats to Jack Henry on game 100.

We need rhys against english marshall and witts so realistically we can only rest him this week or r23 if we are going to do it.

Does it change things with the news that Ryder is out for 4-6 weeks (if not the season) with a calf injury?

St Kilda with both Marshall & Ryder is surely a harder ask than a St Kilda missing Ryder from that pairing - that's not to take Marshall lightly, but it was Ryder who stood up & hurt us when the Saints beat us in round 9

I'd rather have players who are fresh leading into September and drop a game or two, than finish atop the ladder again with another tired looking Qualifying Final performance.
They have a week off before the first final.

IMO our qualifying finals losses haven't been a result of 'tired' players. If anything, it's more like 'bye syndrome' - i.e. they've been half-asleep.

They have a week off before the first final.

IMO our qualifying finals losses haven't been a result of 'tired' players. If anything, it's more like 'bye syndrome' - i.e. they've been half-asleep.
This. Maybe rest Joel if he needs it, or Danger if he isn't quite right, but other than that the AFL has said that stupid pre-finals bye will return (conveniently) and so we shouldn't be resting players this close to finals when we badly need to secure a top 2 spot. Rather play the Lions or Freo at the G rather than at the Gabba or in Perf.

Is it time to give Blitz a week off this week as we are gonna need him big time going forward... especially after Kingy spends all week breaking down what he's doing each game now.

GO Catters
Im not sure Kingy breaking it down will do any good. All that blitz is really doing is playing in the midfield and taking the occasional ruck contest.
I watched him closely on Saturday night. He’s just playing on the dangerous players.
There’s really no secret to what he’s doing. And I don’t think other teams can do anything about it at the moment. He’s one of a kind and literally impossible to match up on.

GO Catters
I hope we give Blitz a game of before finals... just to freshen him up

This. Maybe rest Joel if he needs it, or Danger if he isn't quite right, but other than that the AFL has said that stupid pre-finals bye will return (conveniently) and so we shouldn't be resting players this close to finals when we badly need to secure a top 2 spot. Rather play the Lions or Freo at the G rather than at the Gabba or in Perf.
And if we won that first final, we would get another week off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GO Catters
Yep Kingy! But despite Blitz' laconic attitude I reckon he is way ahead of most of them out there atm

CS mentioned Sav in his presser, not Neale (or Ceglar iirc).
Yes - apparently been tearing it up in the 2s!!? Seriously, FFS, what is Scott's love affair with Sav about? VFL thread is full of referecnes to Sav's games and they are not flattering.

Blimey, if I was Kendoll Hinkley, I'd keep my dog inside and not visit any scenic falls.
Zero gratitude over there for one of our best people, who, can't coach a shell of a side.

Yes - apparently been tearing it up in the 2s!!? Seriously, FFS, what is Scott's love affair with Sav about? VFL thread is full of referecnes to Sav's games and they are not flattering.
Wouldn't rely on those references. The coaches have an agenda that is not known by us posters. If we relied on stats only, Rohan would not be playing.

Port are another average side. Unlike Geelong since their prelim thrashing, their deficiencies have become more apparent this season.

They have faced one very good side at home this season (Melbourne) and lost it comfortably. Bulldogs and Swans their greatest scalps there but both played badly.

If Geelong bring their level of late it will be a game resembling the encounter against the Blues. I expect a 4 or 5 goal victory unless we have an off night, which of course is possible.

Port are another average side. Unlike Geelong since their prelim thrashing, their deficiencies have become more apparent this season.

They have faced one very good side at home this season (Melbourne) and lost it comfortably. Bulldogs and Swans their greatest scalps there but both played badly.

If Geelong bring their level of late it will be a game resembling the encounter against the Blues. I expect a 4 or 5 goal victory unless we have an off night, which of course is possible.
That game was hardly a home game, but anyway...
Port had a bad start, 5 consecutive losses, but they trouble many teams, and at their true home, they are a lot better.As you say, if we are not hungry for this challenge, we will lose.

Port had a bad start, 5 consecutive losses, but they trouble many teams, and at their true home, they are a lot better.As you say, if we are not hungry for this challenge, we will lose.

Port Adelaide played Melbourne in Adelaide in round 4 this season and lost by 32 points. I believe that’s what’s being referred to

Their 8-4 form line since then (major scalps Bulldogs, Saints and Swans) is decent.

Geelong's 10-2 (including Tigers, Demons and Blues) is better.

I think a scratchy performance with good and bad periods, ala against Richmond and Bulldogs, still sees a marginal Geelong win. That is unless Port bring a level they haven't reached yet this season.

They have faced one very good side at home this season (Melbourne) and lost it comfortably.

Fun Fact: since the redevelopment opened in 2014, we are 25 wins/25 losses (50%) in night games at Adelaide Oval.

So, provided you’re not 10 goals down by the time the sun sets on Saturday, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back