Autopsy Rd 19 Stone the Crows! That's 3 in a row!

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

“Eleni Glouftsis’ boyfriend a fellow AFL boundary umpire has proposed to her post game at the MCG after Carlton V Adelaide”.

I hope she made a better decision than some she made on the field today!!!!!!

**** that comment is sexist as ****. Her per
safe trip - scarf better be hanging out the window..........

Yeah better not 'lose those certain yellow and black scarfs discarded on the Monash Freeway all those years ago when VFL Park was alive and well x

I wish. No more games for me this season. Hip replacement surgery on Monday morning. Only slightly crapping myself at this stage.
all the best with that, bb.........:thumbsu:

You can't do or say anything anymore mate. Try turning up in plain clothing with a gag covering your mouth.
It was ridiculous.

All of a sudden there was an arm coming from the aisle which reached across me and was put on my son (in a gentle motherly way) by some random female who asked Chris not to stand. She did not introduce herself and seemed very sheepish at the task she had to perform.

Not stand at an exciting football game? Isn't that why we go? Isn't that what the game is built on? Isn't that why the AFL makes so much money?

We were non-plussed. Had no idea where it came from. some time later the SOC (silly old cow) behind us revealed herself as the culprit when she complained at half time that Chris (6ft 2) was blocking her (5ft 2 vision). So I suggested a solution. Lets swap seats. We will be behind you and cannot then hinder your view. their decision? 'Nah, we're good thanks.' We can complain, but we cant be arsed moving. idiots

So... after a complete media blackout, I just watched our boys roll the crows... comprehensively. Serious football. Not simply heart-in-mouth... not players playing beyond themselves. This is a football team that is going to strike fear into all opposition supporters. We've been quiet for a long time. The lid is off.

In keeping with the theme of the thread title, we made the Crows look like flamin' galahs today. We won every quarter despite the Galahs, sorry I mean the Crows, laying down a number of challenges.

This was yet another team effort in which everyone played their role. The stats won't reflect the impact of some, but the coaching team will recognise the role some played.

What was pleasing today was the performance of some our lesser lights/maligned players:

Phillips: Coming up against a young ruckman who had put together a run of very good games, Flip took his game to a whole new level & gave our midfield an armchair ride. His ruckwork played a huge part in our dominance of the clearances. He showed flashes of this ruck ability when he first arrived at the club, but has not put it together like this before.

Gibbons: Early on in the game I thought he really set the tone for tackling, hassling, smothering & getting in & winning the contested ball. I think this was his best game so far & you can't help but admire how he has continued to grow his game this season. He has yet to complete a full AFL pre-season & this time a year ago he was laying carpets & studying at Uni, yet he is now playing like a seasoned AFL player.

Casboult: I had him pinned for a full season in the VFL this year. To his credit he reinvented himself as a defender & stepped up when injuries started to hit our defence & in recent weeks has filled the breach in our forward line. Not only were his 3 goals important to the final result, but his relief ruckwork ensured we continued to dominate the clearances. I take my hat off to him & back him in 100% for a contract extension.

Thomas: In his early days at our club he copped a lot of grief from various quarters due to his sizable contract & indifferent form caused as a result of carrying a severe ankle injury. Now Daisy is fully fit & is enjoying his football we are getting unconditional effort from him. The way he cracked in today was typical of what we have come to expect from him nowadays.

Jones: Was too good for The Seagull today. Put body on him on a regular basis & ensured he was not able to get out the back & scavenge some cheapies as is The Seagull's modus operandi.

Of course no summary would be complete without mentioning the skipper. We won't see too many better games than what we saw from Crippa today. He owned the MCG in a way that very few have been capable of over the journey. If there was any doubt as to who is the AFL's best midfielder, that doubt was put to bed today. How privileged are we to be able to witness Crippa's greatness first hand?

As for that Walsh boy, I'm already running out of superlatives for what he is producing. He had a slowish start to the game (11 disposals in the 1st half), but he entered beast mode in the 2nd half. The way Walsh is already able to rip the ball free from opposition hands & get his hands free when tackled belies the fact he is a 1st year player. Those who are still trying to push the barrow for Stack or Rozee as Rising Star for this year are just showing their ignorance. How privileged are we to be able to witness the development of such an amazing talent as what Walsh is?

Finally, how good is it to again see our goals today shared among 11 different players? This is what the good teams do. They don't rely on the same handful of players to kick goals week in, week out. We are setting up nicely to become one of the hardest teams to prevent from consistently hitting the scoreboard.

Bring on the Weagles!!

In keeping with the theme of the thread title, we made the Crows look like flamin' galahs today. We won every quarter despite the Galahs, sorry I mean the Crows, laying down a number of challenges.

This was yet another team effort in which everyone played their role. The stats won't reflect the impact of some, but the coaching team will recognise the role some played.

What was pleasing today was the performance of some our lesser lights/maligned players:

Phillips: Coming up against a young ruckman who had put together a run of very good games, Flip took his game to a whole new level & gave our midfield an armchair ride. His ruckwork played a huge part in our dominance of the clearances. He showed flashes of this ruck ability when he first arrived at the club, but has not put it together like this before.

Gibbons: Early on in the game I thought he really set the tone for tackling, hassling, smothering & getting in & winning the contested ball. I think this was his best game so far & you can't help but admire how he has continued to grow his game this season. He has yet to complete a full AFL pre-season & this time a year ago he was laying carpets & studying at Uni, yet he is now playing like a seasoned AFL player.

Casboult: I had him pinned for a full season in the VFL this year. To his credit he reinvented himself as a defender & stepped up when injuries started to hit our defence & in recent weeks has filled the breach in our forward line. Not only were his 3 goals important to the final result, but his relief ruckwork ensured we continued to dominate the clearances. I take my hat off to him & back him in 100% for a contract extension.

Thomas: In his early days at our club he copped a lot of grief from various quarters due to his sizable contract & indifferent form caused as a result of carrying a severe ankle injury. Now Daisy is fully fit & is enjoying his football we are getting unconditional effort from him. The way he cracked in today was typical of what we have come to expect from him nowadays.

Jones: Was too good for The Seagull today. Put body on him on a regular basis & ensured he was not able to get out the back & scavenge some cheapies as is The Seagull's modus operandi.

Of course no summary would be complete without mentioning the skipper. We won't see too many better games than what we saw from Crippa today. He owned the MCG in a way that very few have been capable of over the journey. If there was any doubt as to who is the AFL's best midfielder, that doubt was put to bed today. How privileged are we to be able to witness Crippa's greatness first hand?

As for that Walsh boy, I'm already running out of superlatives for what he is producing. He had a slowish start to the game (11 disposals in the 1st half), but he entered beast mode in the 2nd half. The way Walsh is already able to rip the ball free from opposition hands & get his hands free when tackled belies the fact he is a 1st year player. Those who are still trying to push the barrow for Stack or Rozee as Rising Star for this year are just showing their ignorance. How privileged are we to be able to witness the development of such an amazing talent as what Walsh is?

Finally, how good is it to again see our goals today shared among 11 different players? This is what the good teams do. They don't rely on the same handful of players to kick goals week in, week out. We are setting up nicely to become one of the hardest teams to prevent from consistently hitting the scoreboard.

Bring on the Weagles!!
Great summary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring on the Weagles!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping: better early than never........

You can't do or say anything anymore mate. Try turning up in plain clothing with a gag covering your mouth.
These were Carlton supporters in the reserved Captains Club (quasi social club) area. All those around made it in to a joke ' Don't stand up!' became a local meme. when I looked around at games end, they had gone.

Those in the media pushing that are just using that tired old anti-Carlton Schtick - Bartlett has now got the flick for that tiresome shit, the rest will follow.

Just looking at the fixture now, West Coast, Richmond, Saints & Geelong. Can’t see us losing one.
We now go in expecting to contest each game, on even terms. If we can get 2 wins out of that, that immediately informs the comp that we're here and we're ready to take 2020 by storm.

More than 2, look out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 19 Stone the Crows! That's 3 in a row!

Back