AFLW Rd 2 Richmond vs GWS, Sun 08/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched a bit of the GWS game and they didn't look that much better than the Bulldogs for a half before they flicked a switch and the floodgates opened.

We need to keep posession off them and limit turnovers. They have some very good movers in the middle and will probably play finals if they get their forward mix right.

I watched a bit of the GWS game and they didn't look that much better than the Bulldogs for a half before they flicked a switch and the floodgates opened.

We need to keep posession off them and limit turnovers. They have some very good movers in the middle and will probably play finals if they get their forward mix right.
Bulldogs were wooden spoon ly

Some decent ins looming...

Richmond co-vice captain Tessa Lavey will be available to play her first AFLW game since 2022 this Sunday against GWS at the Swinburne Centre.

The wing, who missed all of last season with a toe injury, did not play in the season opener against West Coast due to a minor hamstring concern.

Sarah Hosking (test) is also a chance to return for the Round 2 clash after recovering from hamstring surgery in the off-season, however Eilish Sheerin (quad) is unfortunately set to miss another week. The dual All Australian is expected to face Sydney in Week 3.

Isabel Bacon, who was unavailable for the opening round due to illness, will be available for the home clash with the Giants, while fellow draftee Mackenzie Ford (hamstring) is a test.

There in layeth the problem - we are turnover merchants atm! Back to basics with ball security!

Will be interested to see who we play on Goldsworthy
Had a 5goal game last year and a four goal game last week. Maybe Lynch to start? Get a little physical and not let her play the way she wants to?
GWS blew the game apart in the 3rd with a strong wind behind em,
5 goals 6.
Bulldogs couldn’t compete. 1.2 in the first half and one point for the second half GWS didn’t have to deal with anything. That won’t be the case with us.
Will be blowy, across the goals at the Richmond station end.

Really need to focus on converting…nine games last week, 3 of the losing sides had more shots on goal but were beaten by a better converting team.
Quite a bit of that in AFLW I’ve noticed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10.00 Lavey to Brennan for a mark and shot on goal - breeze fluky, free to Grieser - checkside GOAL!

Looks like we have the breeze?! Is that how it's working BF?
Across the ground.
It’s very swirly. Looks like we have it slightly.
Starting to spit.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 2 Richmond vs GWS, Sun 08/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back