Preview Rd 2 v Carlton. Etihad Stadium - Sat 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This post was eerily accurate. 20 contested possessions and 10 clearances for Cripps.

Although as far as matches are concerned I'd say Holman did pretty well

Yep, I know my football pretty well. ;)

And your team played it perfectly. Cripps got his numbers but had no support in the clinches, was scarcely allowed the time to find an open player; when he did, everyone was fumbling and the pressure was too great.

Complete shit by Carlton and dominance by your mob.

Yep, I know my football pretty well. ;)

And your team played it perfectly. Cripps got his numbers but had no support in the clinches, was scarcely allowed the time to find an open player; when he did, everyone was fumbling and the pressure was too great.

Complete shit by Carlton and dominance by your mob.
Honestly wouldn't be too hard on yourselves though. The trick is not to listen to the media. We're not as shit as everyone is saying we are and besides some poor kicking you guys had purple patches where it looked like you were going to kick on. Wouldn't be shocked if you went 2 - 0 from your next 2 games.

Honestly wouldn't be too hard on yourselves though. The trick is not to listen to the media. We're not as shit as everyone is saying we are and besides some poor kicking you guys had purple patches where it looked like you were going to kick on. Wouldn't be shocked if you went 2 - 0 from your next 2 games.

I had a high opinion of your mob before the match, there's a lot of talent on that list and a coach who has finally galvanised the group. Media know jack shit tbh.

I'm not disappointed in the loss as much as I am in the manner of losing. Fumbles and horrific skills are inexcusable at the professional level.

Carlton Board are in serious meltdown mode right now. It seriously hurts all these big clubs when they lose to the Mighty Working Class Warriors of The Beautiful Gold Coast.

Hey Ingrate Garlett who we compassionately released due to the illness of your family member-how’s that superior Carlton culture now????
What’s that Jarrod?? I can’t hear you.
Sucker.......
Ha ha beers at the Currumbin Palace are sweet tonight

I had a high opinion of your mob before the match, there's a lot of talent on that list and a coach who has finally galvanised the group. Media know jack shit tbh.

I'm not disappointed in the loss as much as I am in the manner of losing. Fumbles and horrific skills are inexcusable at the professional level.
i was a bit surprised at how many times you guys fumbled around with the ball. we had our fair share as well but seemed to make the most of it. you guys looked pretty good last week too.

good win, but if anyone else remembers 2016 we won our first 3 and then only won another 3 for the rest of the year. signs are looking good early but let's not get ahead of ourselves. maybe that's just the pessimism coming out in me after the constant disappointment of the last 7 years. :oops:

Last edited:
i was a bit surprised at how many times you guys fumbled around with the ball. we had our fair share as well but seemed to make the most of it. you guys looked pretty good last week too.

good win, but if anyone else remembers 2016 we won our first 3 and then only one another 3 for the rest of the year. signs are looking good early but let's not get ahead of ourselves. maybe that's just the pessimism coming out in me after the constant disappointment of the last 7 years. :oops:

Let’s get ahead of ourselves tonight and sober up tomorrow Exile
Woo Hoo
Yeah baby
Yeah Dew
Year WOD
Get amongst and savour every win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good win, but if anyone else remembers 2016 we won our first 3 and then only one another 3 for the rest of the year. signs are looking good early but let's not get ahead of ourselves. maybe that's just the pessimism coming out in me after the constant disappointment of the last 7 years. :oops:
Completely agree. Weve done well so far but our first 5 games are the most winnable all year. The club needs to capitalize on these wins par is 3 from 5 if we are a good side it should be at least 4 from 5.

Sandy also said at the end of the game if Garlett held on to that mark it would of been a goal of the year contender :drunk:
I would have preferred to lose than have Gutless hold onto that mark
And one Jesse Joyce agrees
You don't want to join the Jenkins Langford Johnson gang

Completely agree. Weve done well so far but our first 5 games are the most winnable all year. The club needs to capitalize on these wins par is 3 from 5 if we are a good side it should be at least 4 from 5.
I reckon we had a great draw early last year too but that street mugging by the Lions just knocked us completely off our game for weeks
Different this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rd 2 v Carlton. Etihad Stadium - Sat 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back