Preview Rd 2 v Carlton. Etihad Stadium - Sat 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Good same by Macpherson 15 disposals 7 marks 10 tackles 6 score involments and a goal
DarcyMac starting to find his feet at this level
Touk getting back
Tom dominating
Hall running both ways??
And Witts continuing to surprise everyone except Suns supporters
Pleasing

How good is Lyons? All this superstar bs being thrown around and barely any praise for him. Hugely talented

He is a very good player, had to do the hard yards at the Crows because our mid coach didn't rate him. It annoyed me the way he was treated as he was always pulling big numbers in the magoos and did well, usually in the sub role when he got a look in. If that wasn't bad enough, when he did get a full season, we low balled him ( and he was the guy that had turned down offers to stay at the Crows because he loved the club so much), which is why he ended up coming to GC.

I was a little annoyed we got a third round pick for him because as you are seeing, he's a fair bit better than that but yeah, we reaped what we sewed. With him as your inside mid ( who hits the scoreboard) and Martin and Weller in the guts, you have a handy midfield set up. It was a really good win by GC today, was really impressed with the way they responded to Carlton and the umpires coming back at you early in the third.

Good luck for the rest of the year and hopefully these results are the reasons Lynch signs on sooner than later.

Reckon the other guy to watch out for is Aaron Young, bloody handy mid sized forward who can easily kick 40 in a season.

97 tackles on a ground where the average is 68, we are in a mind space I don't think we have ever seen, hard working, tackling.

I wrote off Darcy Mac last year, I'll put my hand up... I was wrong.

How well did darcy play , has killed it at Neafl , very happy his is now translating that to Afl.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

97 tackles on a ground where the average is 68, we are in a mind space I don't think we have ever seen, hard working, tackling.

I wrote off Darcy Mac last year, I'll put my hand up... I was wrong.
It helps when you have someone who can Coach/Communicate with young players.

How good is it to have a "team"! Not 22 selfish individuals like last year (lead by the No.9). Also seems like the group has a good bond, celebrate eachothers efforts and work hard for eachother.

Only round 2, along way to go and a lot to improve but hopefully we can build on the start to the season and the trip to the West for 10days brings the players closer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton board in Class mode as usual
Best they can come up with is a crack at our membership numbers(including their Moderator! Chism )

Gee are people really that petty now on here about what is said on other teams own boards??

Thought you would be enjoying your great win today let alone following me around concerned about what i have a light hearted laugh with amongst our own after we played a terrible game.

But whatever floats your boat i suppose and great win guys.

Gee are people really that petty now on here?

About as petty as a supporter of a Club that's been in existence for nearly 160 years having a ping at a Club that's been in existence for 9 over it's membership numbers
So yeah whatever floats your boat

Last edited:
Gee are people really that petty now on here about what is said on other teams own boards??

Thought you would be enjoying your great win today let alone following me around concerned about what i have a light hearted laugh with amongst our own after we played a terrible game.

But whatever floats your boat i suppose and great win guys.

You're coming across as a bit of a bad sport mate. Sad.

About as petty as a supporter of a Club that's been in existence for nearly 160 years having a ping at a Club that's been in existence for 9 over it's membership numbers
So yeah whatever floats your boast

I suggest maybe public forums are not really going to be your thing if things like that offend you on the Internet especially even more so on another teams board that felt the need to Tag me into your own domain.

Hope nothing else is said by our supporters that offends you in the future mate. :thumbsu:

Sign Lynch now.
When the game was in the balance in the 3rd Lyons stepped up.
Carlton still shite.
Carlton missed Kreuzer
Charlie Curnow going to be a star
Well done to all Suns fans who made the effort to attend game today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not even the best player with his own surname.

This game will be very close, but there simply isn't a match for a fit Cripps in the competition.

The aim for you guys should be to limit his influence by restricting our outside game, allow Cripps to gather his 20+ contested possessions and 10+ clearances (he'll get them regardless), as long as the ball isn't getting to Fisher, SPS or Murphy free on the outside.
This post was eerily accurate. 20 contested possessions and 10 clearances for Cripps.

Although as far as matches are concerned I'd say Holman did pretty well

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rd 2 v Carlton. Etihad Stadium - Sat 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back