Game Day Rd 20 Geelong v North Sat July 27 2024 145 pm @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are real about trying anything late in September, which is punching above our weight, we need to win this.

That in its self will not be simple.

North have plenty of unbridled youth and enthusiasm and the skill to execute with it.

They are inconsistent currently so we hope that we get them on the downswing.

That said, we are coming off a fairly insipid effort and will be focused on not doing that again.

Stanley on hold and is going to Tassie I believe.

Bruhn back in will help. Clohesy maybe sub maybe not.
Neale a target up forward to at least provide a contest of sorts more than last week.

Im sure there was a rocket given.

Jezza put his hand up so look for a concerted effort change there as well

We will see what happens.

GO Catters

The Roos may have been more competitive, but they’ve only won two games this year against the Suns at Marvel by 4 points and West Coast in Perth by 9 points. They’ve lost their only two games in Hobart by 57 and 59 points.
Cats will be focused and ready to roll after last weeks aberration.
Cats by 61!

I just want to see them angry about their previous week. North are a bigger challenge than they were and they are more than capable of the upset.

Crush some dreams
If we can get to half-time in decent shape, I think we'll be fine. If we start slowly or fold in the second quarter (as we've done way too often this season), it could be a very long afternoon.

Last weeks loss puts Cats amongst also-rans
90+ point win may move Cats into 4th place
More likely to finish this round in 6th place
A shock loss drops Cats out of the top eight.
Do Cats have hunger and class for top 4 spot?
Or, are the Cats more focused on the future?
Team selection keeps both above options open
Frankly, not concerned about the scoreboard.
Here to watch kittens continue to improve
Would rather see them gain finals experience
Hope Clohesy emerges from the Cat nursery.
GFC has too much pride to play for draft picks.
Important to develop a winning team culture

_cat-baby.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banking on having time to rest up before match time after waking up early to watch the opening ceremony

Think I would have preferred a later match 😂

Loved the olympics as a kid but don't have the slightest interest in watching it at all these days.

Has there ever been an organisation that has moved so far away from its ideals?

Outside some political parties that promised x and delivered a dictatorship, probably not.

Loved the olympics as a kid but don't have the slightest interest in watching it at all these days.

Has there ever been an organisation that has moved so far away from its ideals?

Outside some political parties that promised x and delivered a dictatorship, probably not.
Even then you can usually smell the dictators a way out. There's signs.

The level of corruption is just insane

To be fair that is a real hard problem to solve.

The corruption is easy to solve of you aren't self interested

The drug problem is insidious, but for mine it's not as hard to solve as they make it.

You get caught with them, and they give you every opportunity to fabricate whatever feeble excuse can be made.

We're in an age where sports and diet science is at its most informed ever. Sports people are monitored, tracked and analysed to the nth degree.

There's no excuse for an athlete to 'inadvertantly' consume a drug imo, but it happens regularly. For some countries it's a regular occurrence. Funny that.

But then you look at the way the AFL pussy foots around the same issue and gives lip service but demonstrably fails to be fair dinkum about it......... it's everywhere.

I just want to see them angry about their previous week. North are a bigger challenge than they were and they are more than capable of the upset.

Crush some dreams
Apparently Jez is ropable with his game last week. Will be interesting to see how he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back