Autopsy Rd 21 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just some fine tuning and belief .... and our best 22 once in a while would be nice. Although, what is our best 22 because some of these fringe players have been doing a decent job.

Henderson.......Walker.......Kreuzer.......Buckley.......Everitt......Robinson.......Garlett.

Admittedly a couple of those guys may not have their head in the right place but at best are automatic ins................anyway.

Final thought before I sleep - despite the unfortunate injury, Menzel gives me disturbingly happy feelings

The idea that someone like Graham gets 'one more year' after being nearly best on ground in our last win when guys like Ellard have been given year after year after year is absurd

He doesnt need to prove himself, he did plenty last week and had an ok game today. Has as much to prove as Menzel

We have very different standards. He was bottom six for us today.

Ellard is terrible.

Menzel has elite aspects of his game. I don't see one thing that makes me think graham will be a 200 game player.

If we had have put tonight's, on paper 22, up against a Geelong team even 10 weeks ago, we would have expected a 100 point loss.

Says something about the spirit of the group and we had 30% of our best team not included...............Perspective.

That's what a good coach can do, build self-belief and desire.

We don't have all the parts of the equation he wants right now but he will get them in time. But, in the interim, he's extracting every last drop of sweat and application from the players he has.

The players who are at the club next year will be better for it individually & collectively, and this will breed trust & camaraderie amongst the whole list. They are intangibles that win you big finals and very close games.

Henderson.......Walker.......Kreuzer.......Buckley.......Everitt......Robinson.......Garlett.

Admittedly a couple of those guys may not have their head in the right place but at best are automatic ins................anyway.

Everybody is playing to win out there at the moment. Despite the quality of those players, you'd want to make certain they are going all out for the win as well. Only takes someone going through the motions to spread apathy through a whole team sometimes. Even our guns have to work hard to get a game if this current attitude persists.

Yes but big impact in first half. A bit like kicking 5 goals in first half and none in 2nd. Doesn't mean you didn't influence the game. Carrots did very well on him in 2nd half for sure.
At the end of the day I wouldn't say there was a huge difference in there output. Plus carrots destroyed the little shit the other way. But because it's selwood and Geelong won no one will notice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellard is terrible.

Menzel has elite aspects of his game. I don't see one thing that makes me think graham will be a 200 game player.

Sorry for Graham because he could hardly walk 5 days ago...........anyway.

Ellard is terrible.

You didnt watch last week?

Im overly critical of the list and would nearly cut it in half if I could, but I have lots of time for Graham

I do notice Graham not being used as much as he should. Possibly due to being new to the seniors.

His skill and smarts is enough to suggest he can develop into a very solid player for us.

He is also not as slow as people are making out. Although he lacks the initial burst of speed he is more than capable of weaving his way through traffic.

Not sure why casboult is coping a spray ... Everyone says his last month has been ordinary but he was crucial against north leading up the ground and opening space up for Waite and hendo

Thought he was ok against GC

And tonight he kept Taylor busy , he was beaten @ ground level but worked hard up the ground and his body position wad crucial on Taylor to allow white to mark and kick his goal @ the start of the 2nd

He will never be a big goal kicker , his kicking style is average but he is the best contested mark in the team and gives an option coming out of the back line

Reminds me a little of earl Spalding !!

Sure the umpiring was pathetic, but we would've won that had we only lost one or two players. Not three. And not losing Ellard so early.

I absolutely loved our effort tonight, we lost our rotations but still kept fighting. There is a lot to like about our boys and right now I am gutted but I am very proud.

Ps I hope Thomas and Menz are ok.

Cotton wool time.

We have a few guys in the 2's that may not be AFL standard jus yet, but will bleed till the end.............It's time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 21 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back