Game Day Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezza 250th

Feels a little anti climactic after Tomma's retirement announcement but perhaps a mini season definer here.

Win and we put ourselves deep in the Top 4 conversations - rightly or wrongly.

Wont be easy - Freo at home and their MF is really good.

WE are missing SDK which counters the tall Freo players out - but we cant let them get too much ball - Serong could get 50 if we dont watch it.

Young too is really good. Freo after dropping last week will be all kinds of ready.

Hope to see a lift from Miers, Kolo, Bruhn, Close and Stengle.

Wont be easy but its doable - and hey win and we give Tomma a chance to push for more games in the postseason.

GO Catters

Knowing this club we'll either mark Jezza's 250th with a win for the ages. Or, more likely, we'll get flogged all over the ground with the man of the day kicking 1.5. -_-

Last edited:

Neale or ollie henry?

Personally if anyone is in doubt i would have put knevitt in not mullin i think his endurance would help at optus (although mullin would probably be sub anyway).

Neale is looking good and happy this morning, so doubt it's him

Out of curiosity, what age is it too old to be fan girling?

I booked this trip out west a few months ago, worked out the best value hotel (extra sale at the time) and all that sort of stuff

I just shared a lift with Mannagh & Bruhn - not sure who didn't get in as they wanted to return to up and not go for the morning walk

Outside was Neale, chatting with someone sitting in a car who happened to be Jack Henry - not sure who was driving, but they were all happy to have a laugh

I didn't recognise Mannagh at first - it was when Bruhn got in and spoke that it twigged. And Tanner has a nice smile

I booked this trip out west a few months ago, worked out the best value hotel (extra sale at the time) and all that sort of stuff

I just shared a lift with Mannagh & Bruhn - not sure who didn't get in as they wanted to return to up and not go for the morning walk

Outside was Neale, chatting with someone sitting in a car who happened to be Jack - not sure who was driving, but they were all happy to have a laugh

We get old in body, but absolutely no reason we can't stay young in our minds and hearts.

You go girl.

Outside was Neale, chatting with someone sitting in a car who happened to be Jack Henry - not sure who was driving, but they were all happy to have a laugh

I didn't recognise Mannagh at first - it was when Bruhn got in and spoke that it twigged. And Tanner has a nice smile
No such thing as to old to be a fan girl/boy

Freo's play-on attacking game style is a worry
Especially when rebounding through the middle
Cats being susceptible to porous midfield lapses
Purple pricks have previously pinched the points
Having stolen narrow wins last three encounters
Even when Cats being the higher ranked team

Cats have acclimatised to starting as favorites
Falling into the trap of coasting during games.
This script flips as they head west as underdogs.
Freo relaxed early v Dons and let 4 points slip
They will be determined and seeking redemption
They also boast the best defense statistically
Any clash of contenders means finals like game
Both teams will well prepared and switched on.

Cats team profile is split: Under 25 and Over 30
Outcome will be largely determined by youngsters.
Many questions will be answered by the outcome
Can Kittens lift a gear and handle finals pace?
Will Cats, be able to produced a heroic away win?
Are the Cats a flag chance or mere pretenders?
Which players need to retire at end of season?
Has the baton been successfully passed on?

Never question a champion's determination to win.
They may not have many games left, but have a few
Cats won't do down without a fight...

Fingers Crossed

Cat fingers crossed.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a slow start they knocked us last year at our home ground, winning contested ball and turned our defenders around with fast transition, speedy legs, speedy goals.
They've improved on that, and with good D too, but the master technician Scott will be up for it.
Missing Hawk (3 goals) from that game, and Blics was injured. We've added some talent.

We'll need to give our all, Jezza to really fire, Holmes to burn again, my man Mannagh in close to stuff them up.
Cats by 35.

Hayden Young is the damaging player….. got to get a cooler on him. Don’t get beaten on Wednesday…. As David King says….
Get this done and another finals campaign to play in… get hungry!

You’re NEVER too old to be fangirling!

It’s thrilling to go on interstate footy trips + see the players.

Enjoy it + be bold, talk to the players, they’re always delightful, especially when you go interstate.

Give Miers a big hug 🤗 from me

It's like - do I go buy a sharpie and see if I bump into them and ask if I can get my Guernsey signed 😂
YES!!! Do it!

I made Chris Scott draw a cat on my guernsey. Still wondering if he’s ever seen a cat 😹 😹 😹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back