Preview Rd 23 Coll v Freo - Prematch Discussion - DaVe 86's Preview post 103 - Teams post 151

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Ins: Davis, Johnson, Dawes, Krakouer
Outs: Buckley, McCarthy, Keefe, Young

Wellingham (if fit, in for Sinclair), Shaw and Maxwell to go.

Re: Rd 23 v Fremantle - Prematch Selection & Discussion

Almost right.;)

In: Davis, Krak, BJ, Dawes
Out: McCarthy, Keefe, Sinclair, Buckley

No way Young goes out, 20 + possessions and 2 goals has him at least getting one more game, even if that's all he gets for the rest of the season.

I'd prefer Sharrod to be saved for round 24, the big, hard ground in Perth isn't ideal for a player who has missed so much footy with soft tissue injuries.

If we are to rest anyone else (Reid or Goldy come to mind) Josh Thomas will be the next player to debut.

I would think on the rest rotation would be;

Ball
Taz
Reid
Pendlebury

Short week, travel, need to leave a few at home. Freo without Pavlich and Ballantyne should be an easy kill.

Supposedly only Shaw and Maxwell won't be available this week, likely give Wellers 1 more off, his touch was OK against Saints so 1 more week won't hurt his preparation.

In

Davis
Krak
BJ
Dawes

Out

Sidebottom
Sinclair
Jmac
Keefe.

Will Reid Play?
I doubt it, despite what Maxy said this morning, that the scans came back all clear, he still took a big hit and was coughing up blood, and with a 6 day break and an interstate trip, you think the club would err on the side of caution and leave him home.

I'm just glad he's ok though.:)

I doubt it, despite what Maxy said this morning, that the scans came back all clear, he still took a big hit and was coughing up blood, and with a 6 day break and an interstate trip, you think the club would err on the side of caution and leave him home.

I'm just glad he's ok though.:)

2nd That he is Okay as if we lost him I think we would be in Some Trouble

Have to go full bore this week to wrap up top spot, then we can do what we want in Rd 24.

Ins: Davis, Wellingham, Dawes, Krakouer
Outs: Buckley, Sinclair, Keefe, Young

I would think on the rest rotation would be;

Ball
Taz
Reid

Pendlebury

Short week, travel, need to leave a few at home. Freo without Pavlich and Ballantyne should be an easy kill.

Supposedly only Shaw and Maxwell won't be available this week, likely give Wellers 1 more off, his touch was OK against Saints so 1 more week won't hurt his preparation.

So with no maxwell, taz, reid, N Brown. Who plays key back? Shae?

I know they will prob be without Pav, but surely we cannot rest taz and not have reid play.

IN: Dawes, Davis, JT, Krakouer
OUT: Sinclair, Keeffe, McCarthy, Buckley

With the seconds done for the year we will have to play a few fringe players in the next two weeks.

Come Geelong you would want to be near full strength. Rest one or two this week and the same Rd 24 and give whoever is going to miss the finals some match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with no maxwell, taz, reid, N Brown. Who plays key back? Shae?

I know they will prob be without Pav, but surely we cannot rest taz and not have reid play.

Taz and Reid would be considered but only 1 rested depending on who needs it most. I would think they'd have wanted to keep Taz away from Subiaco this week but might have to play him and rest Reid, then switch in Round 24.
Mightn't be bad to give Keefe 2 more goals in the backline just in case he's needed

In: Dawes, Davis, Johnson, Wood, Krakouer
Out: Reid (rest), Buckley, McCarthy, Sinclair, Jolly (rest)

Taz and Reid would be considered but only 1 rested depending on who needs it most. I would think they'd have wanted to keep Taz away from Subiaco this week but might have to play him and rest Reid, then switch in Round 24.
Mightn't be bad to give Keefe 2 more goals in the backline just in case he's needed

Agreed both do not have to make the trip. You would think it is Reid this week and then Taz next week. Surely Taz wants to head back to Freo and play.

I can't see Young being dropped for next week. We will go over their as light as possible, keeping in mind we need to win.

IN: Dawes, Johnson, Davis, Krakeour, Wood, Wellingham.
OUT: Reid, Keefe, Buckley, Mcarthy, Sinclair and someone else that I can't really put a finger on.

Just want them to play best available.

This should include Reid, he should be OK.

Need to start to get some system now as a lead up to finals.

Just really hope Dawes is OK sometime soon.

Thrilled we've reassimilated Toooves, BJ, Didak and Beams back in after their injuries ... now Dawes next, then Heater.

Think Maxy will find it a struggle, and maybe Goldy is his replacement

Just want them to play best available.

This should include Reid, he should be OK.

Need to start to get some system now as a lead up to finals.

Just really hope Dawes is OK sometime soon.

Thrilled we've reassimilated Toooves, BJ, Didak and Beams back in after their injuries ... now Dawes next, then Heater.

Think Maxy will find it a struggle, and maybe Goldy is his replacement

This x 1000
I believe Mick has erred in fiddling with our line up that late in the season, might not be all that easy to make 5/6 changes for the first final and miraculously flick the switch.
Any fit best 22 player plays from now on.

jolly needs form not rest. Hasn't been up to his best lately with a few of our players imo. that is assuming his knee isnt swelling again

This x 1000
I believe Mick has erred in fiddling with our line up that late in the season, might not be all that easy to make 5/6 changes for the first final and miraculously flick the switch.
Any fit best 22 player plays from now on.

Don't think Mick has had that much of a choice, not like we don't have genuine injuries.

Don't think Mick has had that much of a choice, not like we don't have genuine injuries.

Wasn't talking about injuries.

At this point of the season we need to be cranking things up and definitely not looking all over the shop like last night.
We should have been resting players in rd's 18-20 IMO

Our depth this year is considerably worse than last seasons, if you create a depth chart we fall away pretty badly after the first few (compared with last year)

1. Fasolo/Blair (one of them misses out, most likely Fas)
2. Goldsack
3. Macaffer
4. Buckley
5. McCarthy
6. Rounds
7. Sinclair
8. Keefe
9. Young

Compare that with the likes of Lockyer, Medhurst, Presti, O'Bree and there is a huge difference in class..

I think MM has seen this and decided to blood as much youth as possible so close to finals, we've had a few injuries as well, but we need to know who can fill roles come finals as we get one chance, and we don't want to be leaving things to chance come finals..

Out: Reid, Goldy, McCarthy, Keefe, Sidebotton
In: Krakouer, BJ, Davis, Dawes, Wellingham (sub)

- Buckley had a shocker over the weekend, but that's a reason to not drop him. Unfotunately I think he needs to be part of the finals squad, which means he'll need more games, not less.
- Erring on the side of caution with Reid and Goldy injuries. Gives BJ and Davis an easy chance to return.
- Would consider keeping Keefe in the side to cover for Reid, but Keefe hasn't been played much in his natural position in the back line. Realistically, would we want him playing in the finals? Not this year. Dawes coming in for him in the forward line.
- Rusty has been a bit rusty lately, and he hasn't had much of a break, maybe give him a week off prior to the Geelong game?
- Fas'll be part of the finals series. Keep him in the side so he can spend some quality time with the family in WA. Bring Wellers in for the same reason, but ease him into the game as sub.

I think Maxy is in real strife for finals. I hope that Goldy is his replacement. It will be between him and Buckley IMO.

As said earlier, players in the best 22 that are fit, need to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back