Preview Rd 23 Coll v Freo - Prematch Discussion - DaVe 86's Preview post 103 - Teams post 151

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd 23 v Fremantle - Prematch Selection & Discussion

I'd give ball the week off.

Keep one of sinclair or young in his position.. bring back davis krak johno for buckley mjac and prob sinclair. Bring dawes in and take out Reid so keep keefe.. and maybe even goldsack get the rest for the ankle...

So thats out Ball(refresher) Reid (inj) goldsack(inj) jmac (spud)
in krakouer johnson davis dawes

actually i wouldn't have a clue better leave it to mick haha its just to hard to tell who needs a rest and who needs to be prepared for finals.

IN: Dawes, Krak, Davis, Johnson, Wellingham
OUT: Keefe, Mcarthy, Buckley, Sinclair, Young

This x 1000
I believe Mick has erred in fiddling with our line up that late in the season, might not be all that easy to make 5/6 changes for the first final and miraculously flick the switch.
Any fit best 22 player plays from now on.

Is he over compensating for last season? He admitted not getting the fringe players enough time prior to the finals. Or is he doing this now, knowing that the VFL have finished for the year and will have to go more on gut instinct if they require a call up?

If this game was in Melbourne I think we would see a more settled finals type lineup. Given Pavlich is probably out and Freo admittedly rolled their last dice and lost this week we will probably rest up Reid and maybe one more.

Seems we've blooded some youngsters as insurance. I would have tried as close to a best 22 as possible by now, but on ly time will tell if Mick is right or not

Yeah not sure why everyone seems to think top spot is wrapped up.
It's ridiculous that we've only lost one game but still are in danger of losing it with just 2 games to go. What are the odds of another team only having lost 2 games for the year?

In particular it could be dangerous to rest Reid. I don't think it's a coincidence that Bris kicked 6 or 7 right after he went off. Something for the Sack and Taz to ponder - how to fill Reid's role better when he's not there. may have become as important as Trav at the other end.

to sum up, I rate this as the most important game of the year so far to win, and I trust the club agrees. Def don't want to lose the op to play the first final against WC (instead of Hawks ).
Have to go full bore this week to wrap up top spot, then we can do what we want in Rd 24.

Ins: Davis, Wellingham, Dawes, Krakouer
Outs: Buckley, Sinclair, Keefe, Young

This x 1000
I believe Mick has erred in fiddling with our line up that late in the season, might not be all that easy to make 5/6 changes for the first final and miraculously flick the switch.
Any fit best 22 player plays from now on.

Certainly.

The reason I have Young out is he's not going to play finals. No chance. In MMs' presser after the game, he appeared to indicate that Young was only OK but highlighted that Sinclair created 2 goals from desperate acts.

ie. Sinclair played his role better then Young. I thought Young was good, but made a few poor rookie mistakes not in line with our structures.

The bonus of finishing top is a 7 day break to QF. WCE will have to travel and have a 6 day break. Then should we win the QF, we get the Friday night PF and an 8 day break to the GF if we win that game compared to the other PF that only has a 7 day break. Every little advantage helps.

In: Dawes, Krakouer, Davis, BJ, Wellingham
Out: Keefe, Sinclair, McCarthy, Buckley, Young*

*unlucky.

We need to field our strongest side possible and play at least two games in a row at full capacity imo.

In: Dawes, Krakouer, Davis, BJ, Wellingham
Out: Keefe, Sinclair, McCarthy, Buckley, Young*

*unlucky.

We need to field our strongest side possible and play at least two games in a row at full capacity imo.

Wtf?! am I missing something...

Wtf?! am I missing something...

I lost a bet. I have to have my team name as 'Brisbane Lions' and this sig for a week. The avatar for slightly longer - but I quite like it anyway.

INS: Dawes, Davis, Krakouer, Johnson
OUTS: Sinclair, Keeffe, McCarthy, Buckley

B - Toovey Tarrant Goldsack
HB - Davis Reid O'Brien
C - Thomas Swan Sidebottom
HF - Beams Cloke Didak
F - Blair Dawes Krakouer
R - Jolly Pendlebury Ball
INT - L.Brown Fasolo Young
SUB - Johnson

Wellingham and Shaw to come in for the first final at the expense of Fasolo (unlucky) and Young.

If Maxwell is fit the logical swap would be Goldy.

I lost a bet. I have to have my team name as 'Brisbane Lions' and this sig for a week. The avatar for slightly longer - but I quite like it anyway.

Haha poor bugger

Hopefully our last interstate trip for the year :thumbsu:

Agree with the changes iGNITER. Happy for Young to get another run.
Agree with your finals team too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Igniter's side.

I'd keep Wellingham out til Round 24 against the Cats in what should be a dead rubber. I have some serious doubts on whether Maxwell will be back this year but I'd still prefer to have Goldsack in the side.

No more resting. If you're ready to go, you're ready to go. No more soreness crap. It's been giving me the shits the entire year. :D

^^ Jeepers! Who have you got left??

on the plus side old mate JA might get a game :D

Lower, Duffield and Kepler maybe back, Jack, the poor bastard, will get even better delivery than he's had before...

Maybe upgrade a couple of rookies before they get cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back