Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Only if that is what actually happened

Doesn't matter whether it happened or not, if the club can use that defence to get him off they may consider using it.

Besides, in 99% of all tribunal cases, there is a high amount of "he said - she said" and the people on the panel have to work out which part is the truth of the matter.

People who liked Murphy's game must be easily impressed.

30 touches, but his stats were very well padded by little one-two handballs followed by a short kick. Hurt factor was almost non-existent and there were some absolute howling turnovers in there too.

Speaking of howlers, why does Gibbs continually kick it to the opposition now? I just don't understand.

I don't agree with that tbh. Racial vilification is serious and shouldn't be used flippantly

i agree...it may have been what triggered yarran off...and ive gotta say being racially vilified would cut deeper than a smack to the head (although i cant really speak from personal experience but im sure it would have far greater ramifications to a persons psyche) but yazz still deserves to be suspended if hes hit chapman fair and square, as we all know yarran could have dealt with it differently and the sport is afl not boxing...in saying that if chapman has given yazz a racial whack then he deserves to go too... will be interesting to see if anything more than yazz going down happens...

First time Yazza reported. Two weeks?

That's not how the new tribunal system works, plus he knocked chapman out. He deserves more than two weeks, I'd be happy with three but think 4-5 is more likely. Just a real stupid decision by him, it's great he wanted to bring a bit of physicality into the game but that's not how you do it.

Sure. But he chooses when he'll do it.
I agree Thy, which is why I would point to his decision making and willingness to be the guy to make the play, rather than receive on the outside that is the problem.

Maybe he is being asked to get more uncontested footy to help with the poor ball movement we have?

I don't agree with that tbh. Racial vilification is serious and shouldn't be used flippantly

Could it be off-field that anything was rumoured to be said going by Chapman's MMM post match interview?
Seemed like push & shove to me where Yazz lost his composure and forgot to have Chapman's jumper grasped when throwing the punch.

There is a way higher probability of a local player making it given that local players have been brought up playing the game from a young age. The irish players have to make some significant adjustments to the game that comes naturally to them to be successful in our game.
Really? If someone was sad enough to take the time to find and compare the percentage of drafted players who make it, and the percentage of drafted players who become elite, to the percentage of Irish doing the same I would be surprised if the Irish weren't far far ahead statistically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind if Yazz just whacked him Vandenberg-style for crossing his line in the sand. A little more of that this year will do us wonders in the seasons to come.

Last edited:
A much better performance from the boys yesterday. It's a shame we didn't kick straight in the last because we would've ran away with the game.

I'm expecting a win this weekend against the Saints :)

There was a moment in the fourth(?) around CHB. I thought to myself, Gibbs better go. Go he did.

I saw them all go in the 4th. Carrazzo dived headlong under a Bombers player just to touch the ball and hold them up for a second. The issue is why they don't have that manic attack on the ball and contest more often.

I saw them all go in the 4th. Carrazzo dived headlong under a Bombers player just to touch the ball and hold them up for a second. The issue is why they don't have that manic attack on the ball and contest more often.
Yeah, but we consistently won clearances throughout the game - pressure seemed to up in the 4th... I just didn't see any Gibbs short steps. Or I didn't want to see.

Yeah, but we consistently won clearances throughout the game - pressure seemed to up in the 4th... I just didn't see any Gibbs short steps. Or I didn't want to see.

I didn't see short steps. I did see pointless corralling 60m out from our goal instead of closing the gap to put pressure on the inside 50 kick. They weren't doing that in the last.

Murph, Hendo, Jamo and Gibbs hasn't impressed..Three weeks of teeth grinding, pillow punching, and screaming at the tele..Carrazzo not impressed with Yaz's action? ***** me dead....he should have a hard look at himself. Yaz drew the line......unfortunately these blokes stood back and watched.
Cripps and Cassey has that old Blue Bagger mongrel in them.
Army was bloody terrific (made a few people here eat their words)
Juddy will also be the champ.
Ellard is a battler.
Doc has talent.

All I can say is Cripps is a gun, and that Byrne kid is hard, tough, that's why we need to play the kids like Buckley etc, at least they have the passion and courage.

That's not how the new tribunal system works, plus he knocked chapman out. He deserves more than two weeks, I'd be happy with three but think 4-5 is more likely. Just a real stupid decision by him, it's great he wanted to bring a bit of physicality into the game but that's not how you do it.
Please he didn't knock Chapman out he knocked him down. Chapman ran off the ground by himself and was fine to come back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back