Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

People who blame our kicking for goal on the loss are mistaken, a team shouldn't have to rely on whether or not they're fairly accurate on goal to win a game. We were poor all around the ground.
Er, wut?

Are you shitting me? Our ******* development was shit before Mick even showed up at the club. It started with Pagan and disintegrated even more under Ratts. At least Mick is trying to sort out our development issues. We still have a number of players at the club who have been destroyed by our shit development programs under Ratts.

Mick has spent the last 2 years weeding out most of the trash we got stuck with from the Ratten era and now we just need to get rid of a couple of dud assistant coaches and we should start seeing more improvement.

It's been shit under all of them, mick is currently in control of it and I am not seeing much improvement either

Not saying he's the worst or the best, but at the moment he's in charge and a lot of guys are playing that will never be apart of out future while young kids aren't

Based on Carazzo having a much better game today (9 clearances) and apparantly Whiley and Buckley killing it in the twos, I suspect Curnow or Bell may be given a rest for Whiley or Buckley next week. We need more run and neither Curnow or Bell gave us clearances today, and it certainly opened up when Curnow was pulled out of the rotations
That's exactly what I have been saying we would of won if Buckley and Boekhurst played. We never had enough run and have players getting running receives.

Took a few backward steps did old Chappy. Chicken-sh1t!
I loved Gibbs also letting that chicken-shit Goddard know which way is up with that hip and shoulder over the boundary line. Goddard jumps up having a little sook and does nothing. Thats the sort of Gibbs I want to see... willing to throw his body around and smash a few people.

Was nice to see the pretend tough guy Chapman get chinned and really feel it from a supposed soft player.
366757-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

This sort of shit you can't buy... this is the sort of stuff we need to see more from our players.

I have supported Carlton for 30 years, and for the last ten we talk and talk about what's wrong....... Its simple..they are soft, I miss watching blokes go hard and love playing footy, this team is about contracts and media.
Judd, Cripps, Armfield, Walker and Byrne were the only true footballers out there today.
Murphy is the softest captain in the league.
Mick is all about his structures, he has forgotten what a footballer is and now plays politics.
The club and its players has turned into a political business and football is a sideline activity.
You want members trigg???? Concentrate on putting footballers with heart on the field,, not soft show ponies.

We played all day 5mt of our opponents then put our hands out and watched them hit their targets because we are soft and not close enough to tackle.
For the first time in 30 years I am embarrassed to say I'm a blue boy.

MM doesn't care about the future he cares about the now and win. That's what he said yesterday. Doesn't sound like MM is 100% behind the said "rebuild".

This sort of shit you can't buy... this is the sort of stuff we need to see more from our players.

really have to wonder about the concussion sub rule.

MM doesn't care about the future he cares about the now and win. That's what he said yesterday. Doesn't sound like MM is 100% behind the said "rebuild".

See, it's ok we lost today because we are in a rebuild. :D

I have supported Carlton for 30 years, and for the last ten we talk and talk about what's wrong....... Its simple..they are soft, I miss watching blokes go hard and love playing footy, this team is about contracts and media.
Judd, Cripps, Armfield, Walker and Byrne were the only true footballers out there today.
Murphy is the softest captain in the league.
Mick is all about his structures, he has forgotten what a footballer is and now plays politics.
The club and its players has turned into a political business and football is a sideline activity.
You want members trigg???? Concentrate on putting footballers with heart on the field,, not soft show ponies.

We played all day 5mt of our opponents then put our hands out and watched them hit their targets because we are soft and not close enough to tackle.
For the first time in 30 years I am embarrassed to say I'm a blue boy.
Interesting 1st Post. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would leave Bell in the side... he is starting to develop into an enforcer. I saw him going in for his team mates a couple of times in the second half!

I am a little unsure on Bell - I like what he offers (big bodied midfielder who can run) but Cripps has gone past him and I wonder whether Whiley may actually be a better option.
Sure we need an enforcer but I get frustrated with the fact he fumbles a lot.
I will give him his dues he does at times look good and provides some bash n crash and hits the scoreboard regularly

Alright you've convinced me Dramoth, I'll ring Mick and tell him Bell is playing his roll but Curnow is out, we want Buckley or Whiley or Boekhurst in and we are cutting back on taggers, we have the clearance machines let them worry about us

Really liked Cripps game today. He keeps his feet in a tackle, very hard to bring down, went up as a 3rd at boundary throw ins, and knows how to find space.

Ideally with Wood so dominant in the middle, you'd have Cripps and Juddy as the inside mids, and Murphy, Gibbs as the outside finishers.

You'd hope so anyway.

That gathering of the ball, riding the bump and give off was sublime. Already strong enough at this level. Can take an overhead mark too.

It's good to see some intensity but a shame it had to be 100m off the play and for one of our best to possibly get suspended because of it.

Just groundhog day...

Late first and second quarter fade-outs, costly turnovers, terrible by foot inside fifty, equally terrible kicking for goal, very little outside run. Been happening for how long?

Unfortunately Dram, 110% of not much still equals not much :cry:
Fortunately... he is one of those few guys out there who actually plays for the jumper. We have too few of those types currently playing for us. As HyphensBack said... Ellard and Army running hard and doing the 1%ers is good for the team.

I am a little unsure on Bell - I like what he offers (big bodied midfielder who can run) but Cripps has gone past him and I wonder whether Whiley may actually be a better option.
Sure we need an enforcer but I get frustrated with the fact he fumbles a lot.
I will give him his dues he does at times look good and provides some bash n crash and hits the scoreboard regularly

Alright you've convinced me Dramoth, I'll ring Mick and tell him Bell is playing his roll but Curnow is out, we want Buckley or Whiley or Boekhurst in and we are cutting back on taggers, we have the clearance machines let them worry about us
I'm firmly aboard the Whiley train. He gives 2nd and 3rd efforts, doesn't shirk a contest, can kick, loves a shepherd...I could go on for ages.

Some encouraging signs for the Blues today, I thought.

Murphy was much, much better today. Had you kicked straighter...well, who knows.

Anyway, bad luck but I think that was a much, much better showing than what you've put up previously this year and there is something to build on from here.

Feels strange to say this early in the year, but we don't play again so, good luck for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 3 Carlton v Essendon Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back