AFLW Rd 8, Melbourne vs Richmond 19/10 5:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t have the cattle if we don’t have the extra tall in Luke or Mackinnon.

Egan 13 disp
Ellie 12
Shevlin 7

We don’t get enough outve Gabby either
They just choked us up around the contest.
Egan need to be more physical and maybe we should start playing like feee-kick merchants and get something from the umps
If ever KB is out, we just have to transition Gabby to CHF - one of the few who can present all game and keep trying to mark the ball - it's about the contest and bringing it to ground for our limited smalls! If we end up weaker down back, so be it.

Down back Bacon is showing up, was massively out matched today, but kept competing (hope the coaches note this to the group).

Lynch continues to be under utilised down back. Maybe the cool head of Lavey needs to go back there - she's got great contest IQ - not the bravest, but would help our Back 5 if we push Lynch into the middle at times.

Bring Imogen Brown in and try a rotation between her and Egan, so Egan knows the writing is on the wall.

If ever KB is out, we just have to transition Gabby to CHF - one of the few who can present all game and keep trying to mark the ball - it's about the contest and bringing it to ground for our limited smalls! If we end up weaker down back, so be it.

Down back Bacon is showing up, was massively out matched today, but kept competing (hope the coaches note this to the group).

Lynch continues to be under utilised down back. Maybe the cool head of Lavey needs to go back there - she's got great contest IQ - not the bravest, but would help our Back 5 if we push Lynch into the middle at times.

Bring Imogen Brown in and try a rotation between her and Egan, so Egan knows the writing is on the wall.
I think Imogen Brown is a break glass if there’s injuries like last year, I don’t think she’s a talent waiting to go.
Amelia Peck and Knoll would been handy to have… its bloody annoying how many of our injured are over 180

We’ve got
Eastman
Wickstead
Brown

Reid
Woods
Jones

We don’t have a replacement Def for Graham. She’s 176, Zanker is 183 and was leading her around like she was towing a caravan.
I’m losing confidence in Graham.
Ford and Yassir are good at pressure and keeping the ball in the F50 but it’s been against the also rans.
We need to kick more goals against good teams.
They have to bring in Courtney Jones and maybe Woods just to bang.
We got beaten by their role players today that’s what we need to do.
Get more outve role players

I was at the ground and you don’t get the best view of it from the fence. Plus it might be a kinder watch knowing in advance how much of a factor the umps were in bringing us down.
Did you see ice on Brennan ankle?

Disappointing in a number of ways. It seems we're still a little short of the better teams. Every reason to go into today's game with some confidence but I knew we were in trouble when Graham lined up on Bannan. Predicted that Bannon would kick a bag and she did. Graham has never been and will never be AFLW standard, she can only just handle average players and even then will commit a few howlers along the way. Not a fan of Egan who is a turnover queen, lost us the game against WCE with a poor final kick and is fortunate not to have been dropped. Today she played midfield for virtually the entire game for few possessions and many ineffective disposals. She is slow, lacks any second efforts and has genuinely low Football IQ. Hosking plays tough but gets little of the ball and then has horrid skills.

Finally, just when you didn't think the umpiring could get any worse after last week, we have a 17 to 2 umpiring count at one stage of the game. Supporters have been frustrated about the umpiring for years now is the club ever going to address this formally with the AFL?

Disappointing in a number of ways. It seems we're still a little short of the better teams. Every reason to go into today's game with some confidence but I knew we were in trouble when Graham lined up on Bannan. Predicted that Bannon would kick a bag and she did. Graham has never been and will never be AFLW standard, she can only just handle average players and even then will commit a few howlers along the way. Not a fan of Egan who is a turnover queen, lost us the game against WCE with a poor final kick and is fortunate not to have been dropped. Today she played midfield for virtually the entire game for few possessions and many ineffective disposals. She is slow, lacks any second efforts and has genuinely low Football IQ. Hosking plays tough but gets little of the ball and then has horrid skills.

Finally, just when you didn't think the umpiring could get any worse after last week, we have a 17 to 2 umpiring count at one stage of the game. Supporters have been frustrated about the umpiring for years now is the club ever going to address this formally with the AFL?
Graham is average but your conclusion is a poor one , as it makes out bannan is a mug , she’s an outstanding player and would take a pretty good player to hold her, ,graham’s not that

Graham is average but your conclusion is a poor one , as it makes out bannan is a mug , she’s an outstanding player and would take a pretty good player to hold her, ,graham’s not that
Your assumption is a poor one, I never said that Bannan is a mug, she is a good player who averages just under a goal per game. Any other player on her at the start of the game and she doesn't kick 4 goals.

Your assumption is a poor one, I never said that Bannan is a mug, she is a good player who averages just under a goal per game. Any other player on her at the start of the game and she doesn't kick 4 goals.
Well then just coz an elite player kicks 4G then u don’t draw the conclusion that her opponent isn’t up to league standard , that a little clearer , I’m not saying graham is anything special but she’s up to the std

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So its poor coaching then? Why put a spud like graham on Bannan
Because they have more like Bannan (sure, not quite as good), we rob Peter to play Paul, but I agree, Graham was on a hiding to nothing. We ran Zanker into form too - she'll star the rest of the season out.

We need Shevlin up field a bit, Lavey with her IQ is the pick.
Lavey could take over from Graham & continue to get games into Bacon. Bacon at least shows the desire to defend with repeat efforts & disposal is reasonably good. Graham is a liability & needs to be axed at the end of the season. If you cant kick, mark, handball or tackle you shouldn't be playing. Time to draw a line in the sand from next season, otherwise we will fall behind the better teams. We need to follow what Nth Melbourne have been doing & recruit for our weaknesses & be ruthless.

Because they have more like Bannan (sure, not quite as good), we rob Peter to play Paul, but I agree, Graham was on a hiding to nothing. We ran Zanker into form too - she'll star the rest of the season out.

Graham should not be in the team. Remember the days when Sophie Molan was getting games im getting the same vibes with Libby!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 8, Melbourne vs Richmond 19/10 5:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back