Autopsy Rd 8 vs Dogs - 16 point loss. Let's not sugar coat it ... we choked!

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet we outworked Essendon last week in the last and ran out the game.
Our midfield depth and quality was exposed today against the dogs.

That's because Essendon can't run out games.

Head in the sand - glad you weren’t around during WWII

Even when Carlton win, the performance is nothing to hang your hat on. The wins against an undermanned GC, Freo and Ess didn’t inspire any sense of confidence...

Teague has proven he doesn’t have a game plan capable of mixing it with the better teams - time to shift him on.

The CFC board need to go also - the decision to offer Williams and Saad major money needs to be scrutinised.

O’Brien, Dow, Stocker, Kemp, Petrevski-Seton and Setterfield are busts. Carlton failures are linked directly to this poor recruiting and worse development.

Andrew Russell - Genuinely hopeless, and he rates himself too..

Bottom line is as long as we have hangers on and people happy to just have a job, the club is buggered.

Its not beyond redemption with a good coaching group - De Koning and Curnow hopefully will return and significant improve the sign

Time to start looking at trade scenarios with Freo for Cripps.

I understand your pain but calling Kemp a bust is a shit call. Stocker has also only just been given a run.

It’s never as good as it seems, it’s never as bad as it seems. Changes need to be made but we can get there, with some of the names you’ve mentioned IMO.

What a joke blaming a 20 year old who possible is our best player for Cripps form.
What a joke for thinking I'm blaming either him or Williams. I'm blaming Barker for this insane starting centre bounce structure.

Walsh is not quick off the mark, he is not strong over the ball. He can motor along for a while, and he is strong for his size, but he is getting completely blown away at way too many centre bounces.

Williams also seems to have NFI there and gives himself no idea how to get clear to receive. This has been a project that's been going on for for too long, and we need to put them both on the edge of the square to play their natural games.

That's a no. That's not his domain. That's stoppage and midfield coaches, exactly what they do.

His domain is to set the parameters and style he wants to play.

If we want to sack one assistant, sack them all.

We should have started last week after the Bombers game

Fish rots at the head

Fact: This club needs a complete clean out in the coaches box, Teague except mediocrity and shows no emotion that plays players out of position and pretty much has no idea how to coach. also we have a god dam forward (Barker) as our midfield clearance coach no wonder we get destroyed every wk in the midfield
And with Cripps id happily let him walk and get ad much as we can for him Cerra would be perfect fit
He has completely changed his playing style since a couple yrs ago he try's to play like dusty but should be playing his own way similar to guys like Kennedy and cunnington who have both done it over a long period

3rd week in a row we’ve conceded 60 or more inside 50s. Our midfield stinks.
That's ironic given how much emphasis we've given it in recent years. Can we just admit that our recruiting department knows bugger all about who makes a good footballer or at least how to prioritise. We've taken in too many players from other clubs with injury and form issues, drafted too many 'slight' players with high picks, then taken workmanlike types with late selections. It's no wonder we have huge gaps in the list. We've rested on the 2015 draft and Walsh and we all know what it was like before then.

Really upset so going to focus on positives.

Betts was fantastic today and really liked Owies contribution up forward.

Harry leading the Coleman with another bag. Star.

Cunners really impacts with his possessions and needs to be given more mid time. Damaging player.

Weiters epic down back.

Feel for JSOS, plays with so much heart and is out again after showing his importance to the team.

I’m sure I’ll receive the wrath of many, but we’re not going to get anywhere with Teague in charge. Time to seek out Ross Lyon: at the very least he’d put some hardness into the group and wouldn’t accept what happened today.
Agree would much rather 5-7 years of boring successful football than unsuccessful helter skelter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This absolute capitulation is my most hated performance of the year so far and has left our fragility as a club shining bright for all to see.

Shat the bed is an understatement, as bad as Cripps has been this season, his game today was otherworldly bad, Williams seems like he got Carlton'd since the minute he walked through those doors.

I'm not one to rant, I hate it, but my word this one hurts, I'm so incredibly frustrated right now.

Also one last thing, fu** BT for his blatant cheering against us whenever he's commentating our matches.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Agree with the commentary...
What is wrong with Cripps?

Plays like his body has packed it in and his mind is in WA

He was on the phone to Teague then for well over 3 minutes.
Contract negotiations? ;-) On a serious note: Something is very wrong. Is there anybody at the club who can try to find a solution to his horrendous form? It can be all sorts of things and it started last year. Do we have the leaders who can problem solve?

Head in the sand - glad you weren’t around during WWII

Even when Carlton win, the performance is nothing to hang your hat on. The wins against an undermanned GC, Freo and Ess didn’t inspire any sense of confidence...

Teague has proven he doesn’t have a game plan capable of mixing it with the better teams - time to shift him on.

The CFC board need to go also - the decision to offer Williams and Saad major money needs to be scrutinised.

O’Brien, Dow, Stocker, Kemp, Petrevski-Seton and Setterfield are busts. Carlton failures are linked directly to this poor recruiting and worse development.

Andrew Russell - Genuinely hopeless, and he rates himself too..

Bottom line is as long as we have hangers on and people happy to just have a job, the club is buggered.

Its not beyond redemption with a good coaching group - De Koning and Curnow hopefully will return and significant improve the sign

Time to start looking at trade scenarios with Freo for Cripps.
Now that has to be the biggest pile of self-indulgent bullshit I have ever seen. Do you feel better for having a completely pointless rant about shit.

Demons are going to smash us. At least we can stop the BS of finals and experiment with different set-ups in the midfield to find a combination that works better. The midfield is the key and this midfield structure and players don't make it.
Nothing surer that we will inflict Melbournes first loss but will lose to Hawthorn & North and miss the finals by a game or 2....

Rubbish. He has no agility, strings to speak of. Dominated by a kid and could tap to advantage.

You think Sweet dominated? Don't know what game you watched.

Bulldog mids overpowering ours and winning clearances doesn't mean Sweet dominated...the ball would drop to a neutral position and the Dogs mids kept winning it. It wasn't thanks to Sweet's tap work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 8 vs Dogs - 16 point loss. Let's not sugar coat it ... we choked!

Back