Banter RDT 161 - Football’s Just Popped Out For A Pint Of Milk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

In other Olympics news - this edition of the men's 50km walk is the final edition of the event. Although I won't mourn its loss (I think walking as an event is farcical), the reason for removing it is dubious. It's been removed on the grounds of equality.

The Olympic committee has decided the race does not fit with its stated mission of gender equality.

It is the only event on the Olympic program that has no approximate equivalent for women.

Just add a women's event??

You think that's bad, they (and everyone else these Olympics) has had to cope with the extreme heat and humidity of a Japanese summer just because it's a blank spot in the American sport season for broadcasters.

In other Olympics news - this edition of the men's 50km walk is the final edition of the event. Although I won't mourn its loss (I think walking as an event is farcical), the reason for removing it is dubious. It's been removed on the grounds of equality.

The Olympic committee has decided the race does not fit with its stated mission of gender equality.

It is the only event on the Olympic program that has no approximate equivalent for women.

Just add a women's event??
When are they dumping the women's synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastics?

Not sure rockclimbing and heck even them horse riding sports should be in the olympics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back