Banter RDT CLXXXIV - BigSpeakerbox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my unmarried loser question but do people celebrate their engagement as well as their wedding anniversary?
Nah. There's enough us poor d*heads have to remember as it is. Birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day and Valentine's Day (until she eventually comes around to realising the stupidity of middle-aged people trying to pretend they're loved-up 20-somethings).

Forgive my unmarried loser question but do people celebrate their engagement as well as their wedding anniversary?

I have friends who celebrate the anniversary of their first date.

In fairness to them, due to having a destination wedding and family overseas, they ended up technically having four weddings so first date is a lot easier.

I have friends who celebrate the anniversary of their first date.

In fairness to them, due to having a destination wedding and family overseas, they ended up technically having four weddings so first date is a lot easier.
Yeah, we had two, so I have an extra date to remember and celebrate. We long ago stopped acknowledging the first date, or the night we met, etc. Just old and sad now.

My Mrs likes to bring up the date I proposed, as well as start of the relationship, kid's due dates and stuff but we never celebrate them, just remember the dates fondly for a few seconds before I ask to have sex and then get turned down.

What is the best beer?

I think its the post-lawn mowing/gardening beer.

Pre-holiday airport beer is up there too.

On this subject, just finished 3 hours of gardening.

Am I the only person who slowly makes their way back inside and then stops to look at the job I've done like this:

Robert Redford Nod GIF

?

On this subject, just finished 3 hours of gardening.

Am I the only person who slowly makes their way back inside and then stops to look at the job I've done like this:

Robert Redford Nod GIF

?
No, I'm the same, but I slowly make my way back inside and then stop to look back at the job someone else has done like that.

Depends on the job. Getting the lawn and gardens done, it's time to kick back with a beer and admire the handiwork.

If its been several hours of wrestling with retic solenoids and wiring it's straight inside to the hard liquor. *in retic.

Nah man, it's awesome standing at the control panel at the meter box and yelling at someone in the back yard asking if it's turned on and they can't hear you and then getting into an argument with them and they storm off just so you have to turn it on at the panel then go back and forth on your own to see if it's working, and when it's not getting on your knees to dig around in muddy sand to mess around with some shitty sprinkler part and then going back to the box then to come back and see a 5 metre geyser spraying into the air and then back again etc.

I moved into my place almost 10 years ago now and haven't turned the retic on in about 9 and half years.

Nah man, it's awesome standing at the control panel at the meter box and yelling at someone in the back yard asking if it's turned on and they can't hear you and then getting into an argument with them and they storm off just so you have to turn it on at the panel then go back and forth on your own to see if it's working, and when it's not getting on your knees to dig around in muddy sand to mess around with some shitty sprinkler part and then going back to the box then to come back and see a 5 metre geyser spraying into the air and then back again etc.

I moved into my place almost 10 years ago now and haven't turned the retic on in about 9 and half years.
Damn, you've just read my future in about 3 hours. Gotta sort the back garden retic. :(

If my maths is correct, that is 5 days shy of 2 years since you proposed. If you had your wedding this coming Wednesday, you'd never have to worry about celebrating your engagement separately, if your wife is into that sort of thing.

Also, you could've got a good mid-week discount on venue hire, or opted for steak night at the local bar & bistro. Kids eat free.

Oh well, I'm sure you had a good time anyway.
Are you saying he shouldn't have organised his wedding for Friday the 13th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? No! I don't want other people there, taking up the parking spots, the shade, getting in my way, looking way better than me and having fun with friends, or letting their stupid kids do whatever they like. The only other person I want there is a surf lifesaver.

When I come to power I'll be making it a law that if it's hotter that 35C then everyone is allowed to go to the beach instead of work.
"President Squashface approval ratings plummet after introducing summertime purge"

Oh and try and save Rotorua for one of your last stops if possible.
The sulphur smell just gets into your clothes and will linger after no matter how much you wash stuff.

Oh and try and save Rotorua for one of your last stops if possible.
The sulphur smell just gets into your clothes and will linger after no matter how much you wash stuff.

Didn't have that problem when we were there. Reckon we travelled for another 1.5-2 weeks after Rotorua and didn't notice any left over smell on the clothes.

Best holiday ever, and we haven't even visited the south island yet. Can't wait to get back there when the kids are a little bit older.

Didn't have that problem when we were there. Reckon we travelled for another 1.5-2 weeks after Rotorua and didn't notice any left over smell on the clothes.

Best holiday ever, and we haven't even visited the south island yet. Can't wait to get back there when the kids are a little bit older.

Kids will love the south island, especially Queenstown. So many adventure activities you can do there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back