Reilly in Hospital - Head injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocked to hear of it, made me think of Phillip Hughes and felt sick. Wishing him all the best for a total and speedy recovery and my thoughts are with his family also.

All the best Brent. Hopefully you're back on the track soon.

Surprised by the well wishes from port supporters. Well done.

When Reilly woke up this morning, I am sure the thoughts on his mind aside from being ready for training was his goal to not only improve in 2015 but to ensure possible a further contract extension.

Its sad, that such a sudden accident has the potential to change your life around forever. I think these incidents highlight to us all that life is so precious and that it can turn on a dime when we least expect it to. I think one message that can be taken here is to live life to the fullest.

What hasnt been mentioned is that I hope that Siggins is getting assistance via counseling from the Club, Im sure he would be having feelings of guilt unfairly mind you regardless of the fact that it was by all reports a complete accident during a training drill.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often TBH

CC said it was Siggins knee in the back of his head.... how many times do we see that in a game as players go for the speccys? 4 or 5 times?

Glad the news is better.... lets hope it stays that way
Pods and Jenkins did it to guys a few times last year. Sounds like Reilly is just hugely unlucky that he got hit and hurt.

When Reilly woke up this morning, I am sure the thoughts on his mind aside from being ready for training was his goal to not only improve in 2015 but to ensure possible a further contract extension.

Its sad, that such a sudden accident has the potential to change your life around forever. I think these incidents highlight to us all that life is so precious and that it can turn on a dime when we least expect it to. I think one message that can be taken here is to live life to the fullest.

What hasnt been mentioned is that I hope that Siggins is getting assistance via counseling from the Club, Im sure he would be having feelings of guilt unfairly mind you regardless of the fact that it was by all reports a complete accident during a training drill.
Good post mate. I'm sure the club will look after him in some way even if he doesn't get an extension.

I hope he recovers quickly and fully. This type of injury is far worse than an ACL, the repercussions after footy are hard to fathom. If you are reading this then get well soon.

Tough crowd, sorry for passing on a little info :)

Post away mate but back yourself in. If your information is right, you have nothing to worry about.

Too many flogs post crap with no evidence. This makes is very hard for people with valid information. I think the outcome says you were on the money. well done. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CC said it was Siggins knee in the back of his head.... how many times do we see that in a game as players go for the speccys? 4 or 5 times?

or a player backing up falls backwards. James hirds eye socket comes to mind

First up Radars health is above all else. After that I hope the AFL doesnt follow form and now look at changing the rules to try and stop a one in a million accident from happening. If what is been reported is true, and Radars fractured skull is due to a knee in the back of it from a marking attempt, then this may cause the AFL to bring in bans for people going to speckies and hitting people in the back of the head.
It would not surprise me if it happened.

First up Radars health is above all else. After that I hope the AFL doesnt follow form and now look at changing the rules to try and stop a one in a million accident from happening. If what is been reported is true, and Radars fractured skull is due to a knee in the back of it from a marking attempt, then this may cause the AFL to bring in bans for people going to speckies and hitting people in the back of the head.
It would not surprise me if it happened.

I read it as a leading drill - I don't think it was a knee to the back of the head in a marking contest ...

From this article http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-09/crow-suffers-fractured-skull

Teague said it wasn't a sickening collision, just unlucky.

"He was going into surgery late this afternoon, I'm guessing he's probably in there at the moment," Teague told Adelaide-based radio station 5AA on Monday afternoon.

"It wasn't a clash of heads, it was just a normal drill; he fell into the oncoming leader.

"It was a big hit but nothing we haven't seen before it was just one of those unlucky ones [where] the force hit the wrong spot at the wrong time."

Unfair to say that. We have bad supporters on both boards but I m pretty sure some of the your fellow Crows supporters made some nasty comments about Trengrove and Hartlett.

Anyway, hopefully he makes a full recovery, nobody deserves an injury like that doing something they love. All the best Radar, look forward to hopefully seeing you soon in the next showdown.
All the Port supporters than have posted here have been well intentioned. Its one thing to take the piss out of a player who might miss a game or two from an injury (especially if we are playing them that week) but when its a serious injury like Radars, or Trent H, or Phil Davis, or even god forbid a death like Dmac, the teams dont count for much. Footies a hobby and sport we all enjoy. Its meant to be fun, so when someones future or health could be effected by it then screw the rivalries. I mean I hate PAP, but they arnt ISIS.

or a player backing up falls backwards. James hirds eye socket comes to mind

Or Jonathan Brown getting cleaned up by Goose Maguire... Full match simulation training all too often has collision injuries occur unfortunately, but they are necessary to get the players ready for the season!!

Great news that he has come out of his surgery in a pretty good condition - it so easily could have been much, much worse... it certainly puts footy rivalries into clear perspective!!!

Heres hoping for a full and speedy recovery!!!

I read it as a leading drill - I don't think it was a knee to the back of the head in a marking contest ...

From this article http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-09/crow-suffers-fractured-skull

Teague said it wasn't a sickening collision, just unlucky.

"He was going into surgery late this afternoon, I'm guessing he's probably in there at the moment," Teague told Adelaide-based radio station 5AA on Monday afternoon.

"It wasn't a clash of heads, it was just a normal drill; he fell into the oncoming leader.

"It was a big hit but nothing we haven't seen before it was just one of those unlucky ones [where] the force hit the wrong spot at the wrong time."
Hopefully it was like you said. We saw how the AFL screwed the game in a knee jerk reaction to Gary Rohans injury, so a fractured skull would be even more concerning.

All the Port supporters than have posted here have been well intentioned. Its one thing to take the piss out of a player who might miss a game or two from an injury (especially if we are playing them that week) but when its a serious injury like Radars, or Trent H, or Phil Davis, or even god forbid a death like Dmac, the teams dont count for much. Footies a hobby and sport we all enjoy. Its meant to be fun, so when someones future or health could be effected by it then screw the rivalries. I mean I hate PAP, but they arnt ISIS.

JMac - but I couldnt agree more!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reilly in Hospital - Head injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back