Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you are right with kern being gone next week but unless he pulls the pin on himself I doubt koch has the stones to make the call, even if the club does go out in straight sets again.
When we win in the minor round you hear the media often saying they’re all playing for Ken well where the **** are the media after another finals debacle.
It’s happened way too many times on his watch.

The next coach is in for a torrid time, he will be given the task of undoing the soft loser selfish mentality the Hinkley Davies and Richardson have created, before he can muster a team of winners. That team will be built around a few, like JHF, Mg, Bergs if he sticks around, it's almost a rebuild.

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

It's a whole coaching panel issue, we lost Montgomery and made Goldsack defensive coach, we lost Bassett and made Cornes forwards coach. We have the worst forward and defensive set-ups I have seen in years. Our forward line actual sucks!!! Geelong just used the same plan the crows have been using against us for 3 years under Nicks, they probably learnt it from their assistant coach James Rahilly. We get out coached far too often. We need to get rid of Ken Netanyahu Hinkley and his C grade assistants

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a whole coaching panel issue, we lost Montgomery and made Goldsack defensive coach, we lost Bassett and made Cornes forwards coach. We have the worst forward and defensive set-ups I have seen in years. Our forward line actual sucks!!! Geelong just used the same plan the crows have been using against us for 3 years under Nicks, they probably learnt it from their assistant coach James Rahilly. We get out coached far too often. We need to get rid of Ken Netanyahu Hinkley and his C grade assistants

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app
You must also include Carr in that.

I know this is a rather bizarre note, but it seems that commentators seem to refer to port adelaide as 'Kenny's men' We aren't port adelaide we are the kenny hinkley football club he's been here for so long that he's been etched as some sort of martyr; something is wrong with this club.
It's not bizarre. It's been going on for a long time. Ken Hinkley was named dropped at like twice as much as Scott tonight.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm.

I’ll try and throw some comments down.

• we went in lacking Farrell and Houston, two excellent half backs. Otherwise our midfield and forward line was well set. Why you would take DBJ from the forward line and move him back…. He was struggling for a spot in the team, so you moved him forward where he did really well. Leave him up front and use one of your running backs, like Sinn…
  • Dixon was the right call but Scott was smarter by playing Blicavs on him. It meant Geelong had an extra mid at stoppage, a faster defender or a defender who could push forward. This is hard to beat. Of course you could try Dixon on a different match up perhaps? Or maybe drop Dixon behind the ball to get him involved and give us a pivot point out of defence?
  • everyone knows we want the corridor, when it works it’s majestic. How about a f@&&&$$&$king plan b for when teams slow you down and clog the centre? Ie how every good team plays us!
  • surely you have an inkling of what the opposition might do and how you might respond.

Look Scott out coached Hinkley tonight no doubt. Equally the players, lead by Rozee, did not step up at all. They were shell shocked, nervous and timid. We need someone to show some hardness, unfortunately our captain was missing tackles and a metre behind his opponent. We looked tired and flat, like we needed a bye whilst Geelong looked fresh, tough and ruthless. Honestly we lose that by 120 if Geelong kick straight. A Geelong side with no Hawkins, no Stewart, no SDK, ageing players in Dangerfield, Tuohy and Stanley, playing away from home. Scott could create a 2-5 goal better side.

What we saw tonight was a disgrace. It was pathetic. An embarrassment. We had everything laid out for us and we choked. And it isn’t knew. We’ve seen this last year and the year before that against the bulldogs. Can throw in the eagles final too.

It simple isn’t good enough.

it is clear that Rozee isn’t fit to be captain. It’s clear that Hinkley isn’t fit to be coach. It’s clear that the list and club need external review. And it’s clear that Koch and the board aren’t fit for purpose. Thank you for your service, it’s time to move on.

From the moment we hit the front, the rest of the game was 103 to 17. Yeah the players weren't great, but there's no way Hinkley can escape scrutiny here. There has to be a scapegoat for a performance like that, and I reckon he fits the bill perfectly.
I am still getting over an 84 point margin that is on the players and the coaches. It’s not like we limped into the finals. We have changed players and coaches whilst crashing in finals series over the years but the one common thread is Ken Hinkley and no decent club would tolerate the absolute horrendous finals performances year after year. He has to go.

need every single player to stand up. Especially the older ones like boak, same as he did last year against GWS and what he did against melbourne the second time this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm.

I’ll try and throw some comments down.

• we went in lacking Farrell and Houston, two excellent half backs. Otherwise our midfield and forward line was well set. Why you would take DBJ from the forward line and move him back…. He was struggling for a spot in the team, so you moved him forward where he did really well. Leave him up front and use one of your running backs, like Sinn…
  • Dixon was the right call but Scott was smarter by playing Blicavs on him. It meant Geelong had an extra mid at stoppage, a faster defender or a defender who could push forward. This is hard to beat. Of course you could try Dixon on a different match up perhaps? Or maybe drop Dixon behind the ball to get him involved and give us a pivot point out of defence?
  • everyone knows we want the corridor, when it works it’s majestic. How about a f@&&&$$&$king plan b for when teams slow you down and clog the centre? Ie how every good team plays us!
  • surely you have an inkling of what the opposition might do and how you might respond.

Look Scott out coached Hinkley tonight no doubt. Equally the players, lead by Rozee, did not step up at all. They were shell shocked, nervous and timid. We need someone to show some hardness, unfortunately our captain was missing tackles and a metre behind his opponent. We looked tired and flat, like we needed a bye whilst Geelong looked fresh, tough and ruthless. Honestly we lose that by 120 if Geelong kick straight. A Geelong side with no Hawkins, no Stewart, no SDK, ageing players in Dangerfield, Tuohy and Stanley, playing away from home. Scott could create a 2-5 goal better side.

What we saw tonight was a disgrace. It was pathetic. An embarrassment. We had everything laid out for us and we choked. And it isn’t knew. We’ve seen this last year and the year before that against the bulldogs. Can throw in the eagles final too.

It simple isn’t good enough.

it is clear that Rozee isn’t fit to be captain. It’s clear that Hinkley isn’t fit to be coach. It’s clear that the list and club need external review. And it’s clear that Koch and the board aren’t fit for purpose. Thank you for your service, it’s time to move on.
Hard to argue with any of that, I couldn’t believe moving DBJ when was the last time he played in defence? He is unaccountable his skills are bang average and he has the physicality of a nit.
Blicavs on Dixon was just cruel.
Midfield was horrific, again.

Rozee might be a pea heart. Glenelgesque September performer.

6 finals, cracked 20 touches once.

Who appointed him captain?
His body language turns to shit when things aren't going his way. Look at how Cripps and the Bont carry themselves in adversity - they literally carry the team with flashes of individual brilliance. Then look at the sulking kid we've got. Night and day

Kingy reckons Dangerfield is gonna go boonta and show JHF, Rozee & Butters the real level.
He was spot on. Tore us to shreds.

When I booked my tickets to come home for my son’s 21st Port had just dropped out of the 8.
I didn’t expect to see a match.
As I’ve mentioned I was so looking forward to this game.
To see our club produce this type of performance in finals yet again is just so predictable.
I honestly thought we’d do ok but straight away JHF starts on the bench.
10 minutes in and it was obvious we were going to struggle to be competitive let alone win.
I’m shattered!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back