Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Across every finals series we have had since Ken came on, the opposition are well aware of what we want to do. On the flipside, Ken doesn't like to know what the opposition wants to do, he's repeatedly said the we want to focus on our plan and executing our game.

Now the issue is, when you have a tactical coach like Scott, they take your gameplan away. That creates confusion. You could see in the 2nd minute when DBJ had ball in hand off an intercept mark. Firstly, he wasn't used to being in this position which was a self inflicted wound. Secondly, Scott filled up the corridor and the bomb kick from DBJ rebounded quickly.

Had no plan B and that makes players lose confident, creates confusion and absolutely sucks any momentum whatsoever

We're a 3-4 man team.

We don't win games because of coaching, gameplan or structure. We win games because Dan Houston and Zak Butters are absolute freaks. Without them we probably are 50/50 against the bottom 4.

I'm honestly not even mad at all about this. A straight sets exit probably still gives us a chance to get rid of Hinkley with a new coach next year. A win would have sent us in to another home prelim embarrassment followed by months of "YoU cAnT sAcK hIm He MaDe A pReLiM!!?!?"

Across every finals series we have had since Ken came on, the opposition are well aware of what we want to do. On the flipside, Ken doesn't like to know what the opposition wants to do, he's repeatedly said the we want to focus on our plan and executing our game.

Now the issue is, when you have a tactical coach like Scott, they take your gameplan away. That creates confusion. You could see in the 2nd minute when DBJ had ball in hand off an intercept mark. Firstly, he wasn't used to being in this position which was a self inflicted wound. Secondly, Scott filled up the corridor and the bomb kick from DBJ rebounded quickly.

Had no plan B and that makes players lose confident, creates confusion and absolutely sucks any momentum whatsoever
To be fair he doesn't really know their players

This game was merely the continuation of a story begun in the 2021 PF:

2024 QF, h.l (-84)
Port, 19/7.12:54
Cats, 38/20.18:138

2023 SF, h.l (-23)
Port, 25/9.16:70
Giants, 28/13.15:93

2023 QF, a.l (-48)
Lions, 28/19.9:123
Port, 20/11.9:75

2021 PF, h.l (-71)
Port, 15/6.9:45
Dogs, 31/17.14:116

0 wins; 4 losses
PF, 244 (79/33.46)
PA, 470 (125/69.54)
51.9%

Last edited:
Our season along with Rat, Dixon
happy season 14 GIF

Why are on of you paying members still.
70000? Who's cats and dogs are cooking the books

Predicted by Kingy!

Brilliant recruiting by the Cats. There younger players cut us to shreds . Who said they were old and shite? Looked like a team that could go all the way. We have some top line players but once you get past them we are bog average. Our depth is pitiful. And that's on the morons in charge.

Sigh.

Still decidedly angry about that.

Sure there's some (a lot of) anger, but we still have a game to play next week

Sure there's some aspects of match ups, selection and tactics that weren't great, but our playing group would want to have a good hard look in the mirror this morning.

Bar Bergman, drew and jhf they were all decidedly average.

I can't even be bothered watching next weeks game clearly we are cooked its so draining I think I'm done with the club and football been a passionate supporter all my life 10 years of membership but I'm done now stuck through thick and thin but nothing EVER changes !!!!!

We're a 3-4 man team.

We don't win games because of coaching, gameplan or structure. We win games because Dan Houston and Zak Butters are absolute freaks. Without them we probably are 50/50 against the bottom 4.

I'm honestly not even mad at all about this. A straight sets exit probably still gives us a chance to get rid of Hinkley with a new coach next year. A win would have sent us in to another home prelim embarrassment followed by months of "YoU cAnT sAcK hIm He MaDe A pReLiM!!?!?"
We were embarrassed humiliated and will lose again next week but they still won’t get rid of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even Warren Tredrea drinks the Kool Aid now, going by his Ken and Koch apologetics in the post game call ins on AA.

Quite sad really

Tredders is well and truly off the reservation, judging by the utter tripe he’s posting on instagram. Car crash stuff

He found out pretty quickly you can’t mess with the Kremlin and now just toes the line like everyone else.

Brilliant recruiting by the Cats. There younger players cut us to shreds . Who said they were old and shite? Looked like a team that could go all the way. We have some top line players but once you get past them we are bog average. Our depth is pitiful. And that's on the morons in charge.
Meanwhile our younger players were part of us winning our first SANFL wooden spoon.

Jordan Sweet was credited with 51 hit outs. Mind you he did **** all in field play but it has been a while since a Port ruckman had over 50 hit outs in an AFL game.

Finding 5 best players in that fiasco is almost impossible.
Sweet tried hard- in my top 3

You knew there was no coming back when I saw the vision of the players in the changerooms at half time. It was like they had seen a ghost and were shit scared.

Why the hell are we gifting games to McEntee and Evans when for the latter half of the season we should have been playing Lorenz every game.

I am so so glad that I did not fall into the trap of getting my hopes up after some meaningless minor round games.

A number of years ago I would be fuming about a loss like this. Now I simply don't care as this administration has destroyed the club I once loved.

From his presser: “we cant make wholesale changes at this time of the year we just dont have the personnel available to make those changes” “marshalls played 1 and a half games in 8 weeks”

Absolute cop out dog shit. We have 6 players on our injury list and 1 out with suspension. We have what 44 players on our list thats 37 players available. We have more than the capability to swap out a one armmed ruckman for visentini, Daniel stewart mk2 in ratugolea for marshall, although possibly a stretch lorenz and sinn for absolutely anyone, theyre there right infront of you but you continually back mac n cheese frankie evans quinton narkle.whats funny is anything less than an 84 point loss will be seen as a success because aw guys we learnt how cute. We had something like 26 players with finals experience, theyve learnt who hasnt learnt is the “man” thats meant to be leading them. Looks like we’re going around again with the same lot lads.

live by the sword you die by the sword

He’s half right, he doesn’t give a shit about developing anything so the twos are dogshit.

Which is what the football savant Kochie should have said instead of “nah the SANFL is rigged”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back