Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is it to see the pig shooter looking stunned in the background...
He froze. Boyd intercepted his hb which set jj off then his mis-kick late in the 4th ultimately led to the field position that led to jack's goal. His head has certainly not been right since he joined gws.

He froze. Boyd intercepted his hb which set jj off then his mis-kick late in the 4th ultimately led to the field position that led to jack's goal. His head has certainly not been right since he joined gws.
Still racked with guilt over what he did to our club.

Back in Melbourne. Fantastic effort and easily my favourite day at the footy ever. A few things:

JJ's burst through half back and delivery to Bont to gain the lead was incredible.
CLAAAY!
Dicko's 1-on-1 work was great.
Rough has really turned into a gun ruckman. The difference in contested marking before and after he went down was ridiculous. Hopefully he'll get up for next week, but Campbell is ready to go if he doesn't.
Wood is back to his best.
Brilliant game from Roberts. I didn't see him lose a 1-on-1 all day.
Dunkley is a gun.
McLean was important in the last couple of minutes when the game was on the line. And it was great to finally see him take a hanger!
Griffen is useless now. Wouldn't be anywhere near our best 22 if he'd stayed. We're lucky he left.
Our boys just want the ball so much more than the opposition do. They just fight all day and continue to win the close games. I love this club and I'm going to a grand final next week! GO DOGS!

I was at Spotless.

Last few minutes were agonising. Everyone around me was turning to me asking how much time left (I had a radio).

And then the siren! Strangers were hugging and high five-ing, big boofy blokes tearing up, and old women weeping.

And then singing OUR song on their dung heap.*

Simply one of the most amazing things I've seen/attended.

* Actually Spotless is a great ground to watch footy at. Right call to play there, rather then the Olympic Stadium which is a vast shithole.

Last edited:
This win is too big to actually quantify right now, I usually try and post some objective analysis and opinion after games but can't right now.

All I will say is:

- There were 22 heroes out there tonight. Every single one of them. Cannot single any of them out for praise - they were all just brilliant.

- 22 heroes on the field, don't know how many in the coaches boxes...but take a bow all of you, you have made these boys believe.

- I don't know how many heroes we had in the crowd...but an absolutely huge kudos to every single Bulldogs fan that came up.

- Further to the above point, the scenes in the crowd when we won were simply too amazing to put into words. I was jumping up and down, hugging and climbing over complete strangers, everyone was ecstatic. Scenes I will never forget, ever.

- GWS. ****ing suffer and bleed you despicable, festering turd of an organization. Handed every ****ing thing on a platter and they still couldn't beat us.

And how ****ing lippy were their players throughout the game...Jeremy Cameron? Heath Shaw? Toby ****ing Green? Suffer in your jocks you complete shitstains. Can someone please tell me they were crying or something??? God I want to see them suffer.

That's all I can muster for the moment, so in closing: Go dogs, you ripper, we're in the ****en Grand Final, I love you all!!!!!!!

I was at Spotless.

Last few minutes were agonising. Everyone around me was turning to me asking how much time left (I had a radio).

And then the siren! Strangers were hugging and high five-ing, big boofy blokes tearing up, and old women weeping.

And then singing OUR song on their dung heap.*

Simply one of the most amazing things I've see/attended.

* Actually Spotless is a great ground to watch footy at. Right call to play there, rather then the Olympic Stadium which is a vast shithole.

I'll agree. I didn't mind watching the game there...having the one big screen behind the goals at one end is a pretty shocking design flaw though.

Had to crick my neck to watch the up close play at times.

My generation was the team that lost the 3 prelims in a row.

I Just had a calmness inside of me during the 4th that the new generation was going to get the job done.

Admitting I'm a casual fan of the club I'm just so happy for those that buy memberships and go to the games every season good or bad.

Enjoy the week!!!!

Matey,

In my family it goes back to the 1890s depression, WW1, the "Great" Depression, WW2, the great days of the VFA, entry into the VFL, the flag of '54, the Grand Final of 61, the selling of Quinlan, Round et al, to cover the crooks who ran the social club, the spectre of club death in '89, the morale-sapping final defeats of 85 et al, the changing of the name to "Western Bulldogs," and the more recent exit of Brendan Mc, Simon G, the captain Griffen, sacking of a CEO in only his first year.

Luckily, we have landed a genius coach in Luke Beveridge and, Jesus, haven't things changed from there. Just as Hawthorn, on their knees and just escaping a merger with Melbourne, took a punt on Clarkson, our club has taken on a bloke who knows how to make a footy club really resonate.

For the generations of Footscray supporters and their families, who have been the lifeblood of this club, going back to the 1870s, who have endured mass unemployment, war, grinding poverty and ridicule, thank you Luke Beveridge, Peter Gordon (and for 1989), for making our dream a reality.

I spoke to my cousin tonight about the game. We share an uncle who died on the Kokoda Track at the age of 23. Born and bred Footscray boy. Cuz and I reminisced about his letters from the front in WW2. Every letter was full of questions about the Dogs and their prospects.

For us, it's not just footy is it? It is about family, community, loyalty, respect, and dare I say love, for those who created us and are now not with us, and therefore belief in ourselves.

We are so fortunate to be alive now and hold that Bulldogs banner high. For ourselves and for those whose mighty shoulders we stand on.

Go you mighty, beautiful boys, you sons of the West, who made old Footscray's name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

37 years as a Dogs supporter and it just doesn't get any better than what we are all going to experience this week. For some it's longer and for others lucky enough to have been born in the late 90's and beyond you are truely blessed. You have seen our side have it's fair share of success albeit without a GF appearance

I've dreamt of this for so long get the moment has come and I don't know how to get my head around it. Someone pinch me I'm still dreaming yet it's 1.51am and my eyes are wide open like a clubber on ecstasy.

37 years as a Dogs supporter and it just doesn't get any better than what we are all going to experience this week. For some it's longer and for others lucky enough to have been born in the late 90's early 00's you are truely blessed.

I've dreamt of this for so long get the moment has come and I don't know how to get my head around it. Someone pinch me I'm still dreaming yet it's 1.51am and my eyes are wide open like a clubber on ecstasy.

Im an early 90s birthday and I feel hard done by. Thinking about the dogs fans who have done it tougher for longer right about now. How sweet it is to be a chance to win the flag.

Im an early 90s birthday and I feel hard done by. Thinking about the dogs fans who have done it tougher for longer right about now. How sweet it is to be a chance to win the flag.
Sooo soooooooo sweeeeeeet!!!!!! We should be nothing but optimistic about this week's game and the coming years with this playing group and coach. Well done doggies!

After watching the replay, I still can't decide who the biggest hero was.
A part time ruckman who had to play virtually the whole game one out against the most fearsome ruck in the game?
The most maligned backman in the game who kept one of the best forwards in the game virtually possessionless?
An "ordinary local club small forward" who has kicked more goals in finals than any other player on our list?
A delisted VFL Geelong backman who constantly threw himself into contests he should never have got to?
A couple of guns who should never have played with the injuries they had a month ago?
A bloke who has overcome 3 knee recos and the death of a mate to kick four goals?
A couple of old blokes who would have retired if Bevo didn't change the club's culture?
A bit parts forward who dropped about 6 chest marks but kicked 2 clutch goals when we needed them?
A couple of kids who don't know what this pressure fuss is all about in finals?
Yeah we have stars like Bont, Jake, Jack, JJ, Easton, Picken and Dahl but the unsungs did us proud tonight. We wouldn't have won without them.

20 top 20 draft picks don't win you a premiership.
2 blokes getting 39 possessions (Selwood/Danger) each trying to do it all themselves without bringing the rest of their team mates with them don't win you a premiership

22 mates playing 100% for each other, all doing something special when it was needed, when all hope seemed gone - that's what makes you win a premiership. And a coach who has taught them how to do it together to the very end #inbevowetrust

Once more around, CHAMPION TEAM, once more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for intruding on your board so much tonight, but I actually got chills reading that post.

bravo sir. it's hard not to be moved reading that. once your ruckman went down I really thought Mumford was gonna have a field day.

but he didn't.

your boys stood up. I can only take my hat off to that level of effort.

Smith played some sort of game. Easily his best and most important for the club. More tackles than anyone on the field except Dunks. In two of his 4 goals he was at the start of the scoring chain and somehow got himself on the end of it.

I didn't know until after the game but I read a mate of his was killed during the week in a car crash, hence the black armband. Watch what he does after scoring his first goal.

How mentally tough is this bloke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back