• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of a mind to back in Leppa. He has shown he is a great coach from the lessons he learned in his unsuccessful stint at Brisbane. He has now been in two very successful clubs and helped McCrae rejuvenate Collingwood only two years past. He knows the club, the players, the administration, the culture and the fan base. He is the best coach out there who is still young and knowledgeable.

I'd love to see him our next Senior Coach.
I agree the time at the Lions for 2 seasons he inherited a mess from Voss all rejects and went the youth path.

Another highly rated assistant is Jaymie Graham rated highly in WA.

Pyke wouldn't go near him he destroyed a club and Nicks left to fix it.

For me the coach has had to taste success as a player or coach plays a big part for me.
We have previously gone to the Wooden Spooner and selected the assistant coach as our main coach !

Seeing a lot of people saying that a coach who hasn't achieve success as a player can't/wont make a good coach. There have been plenty of former players who didn't achieve premiership success as players but have gone on to become very good coaches, granted they may not have won premierships as coaches, but they have got their teams into the finals and in some cases grand finals only to just fall short. As we saw with Hardwick, you need a hell of a lot to go right to win a flag and nearly as much to go right just to get to play in one. Not considering a coach because they don't have a premiership medal sitting on their trophy shelf at home is a foolish move IMO.

We should be looking at everyone who is available and gauging their interest in going through the process, because as it stands right now we've got first crack at it. You never know we could land the next Hafey Roos Clarkson Pagan Jeans.

And for every successful player who went on to become a successful coach, there are just as many if not more who failed as coaches, including the bloke who proceeded Hardwick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it need to be someone from the AFL system? Do they need to have an AFL background? Does it need to be a white male in his mid to late 40’s?

Could this club be progressive enough to think outside the box and find a figurehead rather than the same old ideas and strategies…? Does the selection process of coaching an AFL club need to be so narrow minded and parochial in its approach to finding the best sporting mind in the country.

Is an AFL coach much more than just a manager of people and developer of culture and relationships? Crossing codes or sports isn’t new.

The biggest sporting club in Australia, with the most savage fanbase is going to chew up and spit out mediocre newbie who hasn’t got any shields. As good as Hardwick has been he has had probably three of the best shields in the game. Peggy O’Neil , Bredan Gale and Neil Balme…

I would love to see this club think laterally and not just down the same old lines and paths that percentages that brings the same results.

Change the game again…
Damien Hardwick came from an AFL back ground ...white male in his 40's when he took over ...that worked okay ....

Maybe we reverse wedgie PA and pursue this josh Carr they been hiding for a rainy day when they sack hinkley ,,, tough PA premiership player ,,, sound familiar

Get him to TIGERLAND, he’s our man

Don’t sleep on Hayden Skipworth. Very highly rated at Collingwood and by Fly. Empathy and relationship building a strong suit of his. Could be a match.

The process will be thorough.

Seeing a lot of people saying that a coach who hasn't achieve success as a player can't/wont make a good coach. There have been plenty of former players who didn't achieve premiership success as players but have gone on to become very good coaches, granted they may not have won premierships as coaches, but they have got their teams into the finals and in some cases grand finals only to just fall short. As we saw with Hardwick, you need a hell of a lot to go right to win a flag and nearly as much to go right just to get to play in one. Not considering a coach because they don't have a premiership medal sitting on their trophy shelf at home is a foolish move IMO.

We should be looking at everyone who is available and gauging their interest in going through the process, because as it stands right now we've got first crack at it. You never know we could land the next Hafey Roos Clarkson Pagan Jeans.

And for every successful player who went on to become a successful coach, there are just as many if not more who failed as coaches, including the bloke who proceeded Hardwick.
Who ,,none have won a flag

kinda want bucks

reckon it will just work and we will win a couple before Pies win any

plus he has been a closet fan of us since early 2017
He’s a smart bloke I reckon who gets the culture of a club like ours , there’s two people I prick my ears up when they speak footy Buckley and leppa

Maybe we reverse wedgie PA and pursue this josh Carr they been hiding for a rainy day when they sack hinkley ,,, tough PA premiership player ,,, sound familiar

Get him to TIGERLAND, he’s our man

Josh Carr is my pick if I had one, that however is in Port Adelaide's court regarding Hinkley. Josh has been widely touted as Hinkley's replacement. Ports recent improvement has made it difficult to push Hinkley out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back