• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it was pathetic - he popped up there for a half day, threw on a GWS polo and did a quick press conference and hello to the players (I watched it on their website) and literally had to dash off to the airport to continue preparing for our EF.

No one has any interest in a GWS coaching appointment. This is the first coaching appointment in 13 years at the biggest club in the competition.

Delaying an announcement does nothing to stop people like Livingston to start laying the groundwork for assistant coaching appointments, free agency enquires, list management decision over the next couple of weeks. If it is Yze, a lot of this has probably already been discussed and agreed to with the club and a plan put in place.
Who cares? That'll do. More important to have all our ducks in a row and get on the front foot in regards to coaching panels and list management/trade targets than it is to have a circle jerk media frenzy.

Who cares? That'll do. More important to have all our ducks in a row and get on the front foot in regards to coaching panels and list management/trade targets than it is to have a circle jerk media frenzy.
Nice photo lol

the point is he could still do a couple hours of media early on in the week without hurting Melbourne's finals preparation.
All clubs get a day off early in the week. My guess is that if Yze is appointed, it would be agreed with him & the Dee's that on his day off we would make the announcement, press conference's, radio & TV shows then back to work the next day. We would only get access to him after the cheese platters season is over.

Hopefully Dees are playing next week - which means the scum are not.

But we are all guessing at this point.

Apology excepted Yappie.
I probably need too also when I rant on here.
Maybe we need a confession box type room to air out our negative issues like me with the umpires and media sigh.:(
Footy clubs can really absorb your life.
Players and coaches move on but it's us supporters that carry the baton until we die and that sometimes can be to our detriment if we are overly involved.
Have some balance and do other things like our ex coaches and players.
I have made so many great friends because of this club though.
We are a fantastic football club.
Hell,I grew up a muso,played drums from age 7.
didn't you join hobbs at the age of 9

If Yze is going to be our coach, we want Melbourne to go as far as possible.
The more coaching exposure and experience even as an assistant in finals is way better for us than none.

Of course we would want him to come with coaches box experience from Grand Final day. Even if he's done it before, to build on that with recent experience is only a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the point is he could still do a couple hours of media early on in the week without hurting Melbourne's finals preparation.
If we announce Yze as the new coach, I doubt it's going to simply be to come in and meet the press then piss off back to Melbourne for their next final if they win tomorrow night. Richmond will want Yze to come in and hit the ground running

Kingsley was appointed before finals, unveiled the Monday after our clash with the bombers

Totally different situation/circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
and then the farc went in on us with no lube

Be happy with either Mini or Yze, maybe a leaning to Yze for the fresh start.

Has Mini said whether or not he'd be sticking around if he missed out? Assuming he wouldn't and it would be a shame to lose him.
Nah he hasn’t. Stkilda strongly interested. Unlikely to stay.

Be happy with either Mini or Yze, maybe a leaning to Yze for the fresh start.

Has Mini said whether or not he'd be sticking around if he missed out? Assuming he wouldn't and it would be a shame to lose him.
Off to the Aints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back