Richmond games on 7TWO

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond \/ collingwood round 11 1997 was on last night

I set the alarm to watch that. Couldn't wake up but I managed to get my arse up for the last qtr.

Good game! :thumbsu:

Was game over for Robert Walls after this game. The Giesch took over the following week and we beat the Doggies by a couple of goals at Optus Oval.

That was the game when Wallace moved the Dogs players closer to the fans and then The Giesh(C), did the same to a rousing cheer.:D

Watched round 15 1995 last night, wow, Jurica was the prodigal son. In his fifth game Bruce was getting all hot and bothered about his bright future after kicking 5 and setting up at least 3, while I was watching and thinking, what the **** happened!!

I also noticed what a champion James Hird was, though playing Prescott on him for the whole game was a joke.

bruce's commentating in the second half of that tiges/dons match was simply OUTSTANDING. dundas' little give to bond, HERE'S A GO! bond to maxfield, go and kick the goal stewie, straighten it up, BANG IT HOME - IT'S A BEAUTY!

Good game atm Tiger vs Kangas - Carey era

3rd quarter Tids 83 Kangas 67, 2 min to go in...

Some good players, cant pick the year...Frawleys 3rd??

THURSDAY Jan 7th 1.45am
AFL Footy Flashbacks. Round 22, 1997.
Carlton v Richmond (30 August 1997)

35,000 people packed into Princess Park, the home of the Blues, to watch them play.

Tigers including Knights, Campbell, the Gale brothers, Chris Bond, Daffy, Funke, Rogers, Broderick, a very young Joel Bowden, Holland, Kellaway and Richo.

The Blues had an in-form Koutoufides (kicked 4.5), plus Kernahan, Ratten, Camporeoli, Bradly, Hanna, Hickmont, Whitnall, Hammil, Manton and many others. It was a ringa-ding- ding of a match and well worth re-visiting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THURSDAY Jan 7th 1.45am

35,000 people packed into Princess Park, the home of the Blues, to watch them play.

Tigers including Knights, Campbell, the Gale brothers, Chris Bond, Daffy, Funke, Rogers, Broderick, a very young Joel Bowden, Holland, Kellaway and Richo.

The Blues had an in-form Koutoufides (kicked 4.5), plus Kernahan, Ratten, Camporeoli, Bradly, Hanna, Hickmont, Whitnall, Hammil, Manton and many others. It was a ringa-ding- ding of a match and well worth re-visiting!

If i am not mistaken, yep sat in that shitful stand that looked like it was half built, that the dawks got sucked into back when for this one.
We won, we derailed the tankers finals hopes and yep the chant was born, "UNLEASH THE GEISCH".......the next nightmare was about to be unleashed on us, just after the Walls nightmare. ;)

If i am not mistaken, yep sat in that shitful stand that looked like it was half built, that the dawks got sucked into back when for this one.
We won, we derailed the tankers finals hopes and yep the chant was born, "UNLEASH THE GEISCH".......the next nightmare was about to be unleashed on us, just after the Walls nightmare. ;)

Unfortunately Cogga, I was there that day and sadly, got sucked in too with our win thinking we had a real chance the following year:eek:

My brothers, nephew and I all left thinking we were going back to the finals, sucked in big time ... learnt my lesson though, have not been sucked in since.

Have high hopes for Hardwick though as he is a coach that tells it like it is and takes no prisoners, the players will be left in no doubt its his way or the highway, at last someone that is a true leader as our coach:)

THURSDAY Jan 7th 1.45am

Bump....

dont forget to watch or tape tonight :thumbsu:

THURSDAY Jan 7th 1.45am

Rememer that game. Gee it was good to watch. Loved the physical side of it. Both teams beat the shizen out of each other. Yep, got sucked in to with Unleash the Geish. There was enough talent in that list to play finals though, that's the worst thing. Still, was a good way to spend Friday night. Loved the Blues banner "Pierce them off".

THURSDAY Jan 7th 1.45am

Was on the wing pissed as a maggot.

Harro kicked the winner.

82 GF on 7two now.

Hows Murices goal (our third) Stunning. if that was Cyril, the dawks would have proclaimed it as the greatest ever and utubed it over and over.

I still dont know how we lost it, sure in the second half jesse James robbed us but after watching it again it was like on the day.....one that got away

To cheer us up after last nights shock loss:(

1:45am - 3:45am | 7TWO G Sport, Repeat

Richmond face Essendon in the 1995 AFL semifinal.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond games on 7TWO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back