Richmond games on 7TWO

Remove this Banner Ad

RICH v ESS:

Watched it again last night (4 hours ago!! :eek: )

Knighta was a star!!

Benny Gale was a spud.
I knew my opinion of his Finals performances still held up.
(Shees, even Johnny Howat played better in that game.)
Benny was a serviceable Home & Away player, but turned to jelly in Finals.
He couldn't catch a cold!! Lost.

We had a good scagging team.

Scotty Turner decimated the Bombers.

I remember myself and the crowd waving our scarves and stuff at Sheedy in the dying minutes.

Nice to see the Tiges singing the theme songs in the old change rooms at the 'G'......those were the days!!

For a small spec of time, we had something.....Then John Northey goes and......

RICH v ESS:

Watched it again last night (4 hours ago!! :eek: )

Knighta was a star!!

Benny Gale was a spud.
I knew my opinion of his Finals performances still held up.
(Shees, even Johnny Howat played better in that game.)
Benny was a serviceable Home & Away player, but turned to jelly in Finals.
He couldn't catch a cold!! Lost.

We had a good scagging team.

Scotty Turner decimated the Bombers.

I remember myself and the crowd waving our scarves and stuff at Sheedy in the dying minutes.

Nice to see the Tiges singing the theme songs in the old change rooms at the 'G'......those were the days!!

For a small spec of time, we had something.....Then John Northey goes and......

Just finished watching it:thumbsu:. Had it on VHS for years and only threw it out last year when I ditched the VHS.

Turner turned that game for us, a bit of tough stuff and two goals. Oh how we need someone like him now:(. Only problem is AFL wouldn't allow him to play under today's rules. Just on the rules how many hands in the back infringements was there:eek:.

Knights explosive speed and run from the centre square, reminds me of Foley in 08;)

Jamie Tape had a good game for us:thumbsu:

David Bourke:thumbsdown:. Any size similarities to Thursty? Skinny buggers.:D

Campbell Went missing again.............:eek: every time you saw him he was playing with his hair:p

Mark Merenda. There is a bloke I loved to hate:mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

All in all we had an average side and did well to win 15 games:D

As for Northey..................what we did to him was poor:eek:.

Just finished watching it:thumbsu:. Had it on VHS for years and only threw it out last year when I ditched the VHS.

Turner turned that game for us, a bit of tough stuff and two goals. Oh how we need someone like him now:(. Only problem is AFL wouldn't allow him to play under today's rules. Just on the rules how many hands in the back infringements was there:eek:.

Knights explosive speed and run from the centre square, reminds me of Foley in 08;)

Campbell Went missing again.............:eek: every time you saw him he was playing with his hair:p

Turner was the ENFORCER - a role I see Sloppy emulating (youre right, we cant get away with that sort of play in todays game) Turner made time to kick a couple of goals after he finished softening up the Bombers. :thumbsu:

Knights was just brilliant - why didnt we snare him as an assistant after he retired? Yeah I remember, we pissed him off before he was ready to go.

And LOL at Campbell's obsession with the state of his hair.

Loved Northey's coaching. :thumbsu: Great game to watch.

At one stage when we were coming back, Campbell took a mark and had a teammate next to him, pointing out to him that he should move the ball on. At that moment, it was not the time to hang on to the pill...get it moving.
Cambo's old trick.....the longer I hold on to it.....the longer the cameras are on me. Just pretend to look for the 25th option....Oh, then ignore that and look for number 26!! :rolleyes:

David Bourke? Spud. How did we fall for him?
LOL

Anyone ever remember going to games and enjoying Daffy's goals, and then hating the selfish bugger for ignoring better positioned players just so he could have a blind kick, and miss other goals.

Players are remembered for what they do in Finals.

Knights should always be remembered for lifting us in that game.

1995 Rich V Ess Semi Final.
Matthew Knights was 'elite' in that game.
Nobody was better. One man made a stand.

No ****ing around.....I'll show you how it's done....run straight towards goals!!

-Matthew-Knights-at-Richmond-5675067.jpg

[YOUTUBE]4mIzq5WdQbw[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah Daffy..............he was a worse set shot than Richo:eek: always trying to kick it around his body:thumbsdown:. A real team player:thumbsdown:

Knighter was so under-rated throughout his career and to reward him we dumped him as captain in 2000 and retired him two years later. He could have played on for another season or two. He was a champion of the club and we should have kept him not Campbell as an assistant at the club. Knighter would have done more in the next two years than Blumfield did:eek:

Now if we can only get a replay of the 2001 SF win against Carlscum:D

Knights was so good that day - he kicked 3 great goals, and just missed 2 others. Best half of football ever by a Richmond player.

On WOS the next day, the had Goal of The Day and they showed 3 contenders - all Knights.

I am so pissedoff I missed it the other night - I knew the game would be coming up soon, but I was away for a couple of days - aaaargh!

Anyone going to post it onto a torrent site? No, of course, that would be illegal.

Knights was so good that day - he kicked 3 great goals, and just missed 2 others. Best half of football ever by a Richmond player.

On WOS the next day, the had Goal of The Day and they showed 3 contenders - all Knights.

I am so pissedoff I missed it the other night - I knew the game would be coming up soon, but I was away for a couple of days - aaaargh!

Anyone going to post it onto a torrent site? No, of course, that would be illegal.

I don't wanna know if its legal or not, can someone please post it to a torrent site

Wednesday morning @ 3.45am
1996 Rnd 21 vs Fitzroy - Brodders 37 possessions, Richo 7 goals in a 187 - 36 result.

Friday morning @ 1.45am
2000 Rnd 4 vs Fremantle Richo kicks 6 in an 87 - 88 loss at Telstra Dome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond v North, 2001 on 7TWO Saturday morning

On the morning of Saturday 26 June, 2001, 7TWO will be showing Richmond’s thrilling won over North Melbourne in Round 21 of 2001. If you want to watch the game, you will need to set your alarms on Friday night because it will be on at 3:30 in the morning.

I am by no means sure that 7TWO has actually shown this game before. Looking here, I can see no evidence it has been shown since March this year, so it would be good if 7TWO are diversifying. Though it is not the kind of game remotely likely to be of interest to me, for the sake of you Tiger supporters I still feel I should inform you.

Re: Richmond v North, 2001 on 7TWO Saturday morning

watching the 2001 rd 21 kangaroos match

richo with 1 goal and 5 behinds :D

Was standing right behind that Richo goal right in front that won it and had he been 5 meters further back, he would have been in trouble.

I remember how frustrating it was watching Carey and Rocca nailing big goals while Richo was spraying them that night.

Dermotts a ********, but when he said at the end of the game how Richmond supporters get the full spectrum of emotions at a game he was so right and that is a game that stands out as one of those nights. One insightful comment a decade is good going for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond games on 7TWO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back