Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

I ordered this one: https://www.dvdland.com.au/products/AFL-PREMIERS-%2d-2017-VICTORY-PACK.html
Anyone know if this is a dud version? If it is, who exactly do you contact?
Hey Juss,

I got my Victory Pack on Wednesday. The 2017 Year Highlights dvd is great, worth it. Sadly my Grand Final DVD is a little jumpy in some sections, and the audio was out of sync, up to 2 seconds in some parts. I've gone onto the Beyond website and emailed them directly on there with my details. If they need proof of purchase they can let me know, but I'd like that DVD replaced. The QF and PF I only skimmed through, but looked in sync which was good.

Good thing I obtained a 1080 HD copy I can watch on my external HD, the quality is amazing!

haha watched the blu ray last night, they don't have text famous speech in it!!
That must be the first time the losing captain's speech has been edited out. What a complete knob.

anyone know where to get the full games - which does not include the answer DVD?

You have a better chance getting all the games in VHS than in HD.

Unfortunately the sad reality is they’re not gonna be available in anything other than DVD. Unless you have a 1tb Foxtel HD box and record the tiger-thon, which started at 2am this morning.

I feel your pain.

Hey Juss,

I got my Victory Pack on Wednesday. The 2017 Year Highlights dvd is great, worth it. Sadly my Grand Final DVD is a little jumpy in some sections, and the audio was out of sync, up to 2 seconds in some parts. I've gone onto the Beyond website and emailed them directly on there with my details. If they need proof of purchase they can let me know, but I'd like that DVD replaced. The QF and PF I only skimmed through, but looked in sync which was good.

Good thing I obtained a 1080 HD copy I can watch on my external HD, the quality is amazing!
Thanks mate, do you have a link to the beyond website?

Seriously so they say the season pack will come out December in DVD and the grand final in a Blu-ray addition this is 2017, DVD is like so 1990
I don’t even own a DVD player I have a Panasonic Blu-ray for like eight years quality is amazing plus Foxtel HD, one can only imagine viewing the inferior DVD

What's the poster like?

Novelty value only. Small rectangular thing about 50cm x 25cm.

Blu-Ray video quality is fine, what you'd expect. The DVD on the other hand is diabolical. To me this is a far bigger issue than the audio sync. I'm watching the Foxtel Tigerthon and switched to the DVD... it's not just a level worse, it's two levels.

I accept the explanation that there's only so much data they can squeeze onto a single disc. But they really should've made two DVDs per game rather than release this abomination. Disappointing.

If the season pack is of the same (video) quality I wouldn't be touching it with stolen money.

RESPONSE FROM BEYOND

Beyond apologise for the synchronisation issue relating to the radio commentary on the 2017 AFL Grand Final DVD. Historically, fans have asked that the AFL Grand Final be available to them at retail on physical media the next day. This is possible, but the risk is that the production team can only spot check the radio commentary within this timeframe, and a minor radio commentary synchronisation issue may occur. Beyond appreciates the feedback and will at no charge replace your DVD or Blu-Ray if you are not satisfied with your purchase. If you would like a replacement product please:

Email us at info@beyondhe.com.au
  1. Tell us your delivery address and contact phone number
  2. Attach an image (photo/scan) of your receipt/proof of purchase
In the 2018 season, Beyond will be reviewing the inclusion of radio commentary in next day product to ensure a similar issue does not occur.

RESPONSE FROM BEYOND

Beyond apologise for the synchronisation issue relating to the radio commentary on the 2017 AFL Grand Final DVD. Historically, fans have asked that the AFL Grand Final be available to them at retail on physical media the next day. This is possible, but the risk is that the production team can only spot check the radio commentary within this timeframe, and a minor radio commentary synchronisation issue may occur. Beyond appreciates the feedback and will at no charge replace your DVD or Blu-Ray if you are not satisfied with your purchase. If you would like a replacement product please:

In the 2018 season, Beyond will be reviewing the inclusion of radio commentary in next day product to ensure a similar issue does not occur.
What they should be doing is reviewing the "next day" availability. sure we all want it ASAP but got to make sure it's right the 1st time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What they should be doing is reviewing the "next day" availability. sure we all want it ASAP but got to make sure it's right the 1st time.

What’s this “next day” bs anyway? I ordered mine the next day and I got it last week :drunk:

Hi Jonesracing82 and thedreamisreal, this is the third GF we've released and had available the day after the game at the club and selected Melbourne locations, and the first we've had synch issues with. We agree that more care was required in this instance and this is something we will be looking at in regards to future releases.

Hi Jonesracing82 and thedreamisreal, this is the third GF we've released and had available the day after the game at the club and selected Melbourne locations, and the first we've had synch issues with. We agree that more care was required in this instance and this is something we will be looking at in regards to future releases.
Spot checking a mass produced product is not good enough and then going on to offer a free exchange 2 months later so you can release it with the full season edition is laughable.

RESPONSE FROM BEYOND

Does the replacement pertain to versions purchased at any retail outlet?

And does a replacement actually include correct syncing?

Ok, that excuse explains the DVD release the following day, but how can you excuse the sync issues with the Blu-Ray release which was only made available late in October?

Does the replacement pertain to versions purchased at any retail outlet?

And does a replacement actually include correct syncing?

Yes, we'll exchange the Grand Final DVD purchased from any retailer, and the replacement will contain the corrected radio commentaries.

If you could send us an email at info@beyondhe.com.au, with your delivery address and contact phone number and attach an image (photo/scan) of your receipt/proof of purchase, we will get a replacement sent out to you.

Yes, we'll exchange the Grand Final DVD purchased from any retailer, and the replacement will contain the corrected radio commentaries.

If you could send us an email at info@beyondhe.com.au, with your delivery address and contact phone number and attach an image (photo/scan) of your receipt/proof of purchase, we will get a replacement sent out to you.
I’d like to buy a grand final DVD/bluray, but I don’t want to buy the dud one and then exchange it.. how do I buy the good one?

I hope they produce something like this. About an hour recap on the season, highlights from each game all the major news stories, coolly narrated with some fresh background music.
My favourite video as a kid, watched it countless times about a season where we just made the prelim :$
View attachment 433106

Edit: here is the full thing!

That is some depressing shit when you think about it!

Still not as depressing as this.

images.jpeg

Still not as depressing as this.

View attachment 435042

Yes, and tangential but not as depressing as this either...

134f4a59c7fc166279bf81fd25013fec.jpg

RESPONSE FROM BEYOND

Not sure how the 'master copy' was made in the overnight time, but surely once the radio problem was identified you would have fixed the blu ray production? I mean the actual disc is so cheap and the packaging was probably worth more. You also had two weeks later for the Blu Ray version, so there really isn't an excuse.

Really reflects poorly on the Beyond brand and many people would think twice about purchasing future products. Even if you fix it, there's going to be a mix of bad and good copies out there, just a random Russian roulette for any future customer.

Not sure how the 'master copy' was made in the overnight time, but surely once the radio problem was identified you would have fixed the blu ray production? I mean the actual disc is so cheap and the packaging was probably worth more. You also had two weeks later for the Blu Ray version, so there really isn't an excuse.

Really reflects poorly on the Beyond brand and many people would think twice about purchasing future products. Even if you fix it, there's going to be a mix of bad and good copies out there, just a random Russian roulette for any future customer.

Don't expect a reply. I mentioned the same thing and was ignored.

Now I have to go hunting around for my receipt because of their stuff up.

I’d like to buy a grand final DVD/bluray, but I don’t want to buy the dud one and then exchange it.. how do I buy the good one?
What's the bet you won't be able to buy just the corrected Grand Final version on it's own, you'll only be able to buy it as part of the whole season highlights collection

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back