Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad as the radio commentary is on the radio it is still watchable although being a pain in the ass I don't care too much as long as the ending is always the same.:)
Damien-Hardwick-Trent-Cotchin-Richmond-Tigers-AFL-Grand-Final-2017.jpg

As bad as the radio commentary is on the radio it is still watchable although being a pain in the ass I don't care too much as long as the ending is always the same.:)
View attachment 435078
Wouldn't want it to be like some movies on DVD that have an alternative ending in the special features!!
But then the alternative might be that we win by more thinking.gif

For those that have the dvd, where does it start and finish? I have the foxtel coverage and it starts at the anthem and finishes after the song in the rooms. Does the dvd have any extra footage at all?
The DVD starts just before the players run onto the ground and ends with the song in the room so it's probably the same. From memory there is a short feature on the road to the finals or some such but no extra game day footage on the DVD.

Hi Jonesracing82 and thedreamisreal, this is the third GF we've released and had available the day after the game at the club and selected Melbourne locations, and the first we've had synch issues with. We agree that more care was required in this instance and this is something we will be looking at in regards to future releases.
Cheers for the reply, as eager as we are we can wait a week or 2 to get our copy (i waited till the blu-ray was released). puts less pressure on you guys & gives time to do spot checks etc.

Yes, and tangential but not as depressing as this either...

134f4a59c7fc166279bf81fd25013fec.jpg
Can't blame them for releasing this really, even Dees players were telling opposition players they would be playing finals ;)

Not sure how the 'master copy' was made in the overnight time, but surely once the radio problem was identified you would have fixed the blu ray production? I mean the actual disc is so cheap and the packaging was probably worth more. You also had two weeks later for the Blu Ray version, so there really isn't an excuse.

Really reflects poorly on the Beyond brand and many people would think twice about purchasing future products. Even if you fix it, there's going to be a mix of bad and good copies out there, just a random Russian roulette for any future customer.
They should ship it as “Version 2.0 - Now with Less Sync Issues!” Here’s the response I got FYI -

”Yes the sync issue affected both the DVD as well as the Blu-ray, these have now been rectified.

However the corrected versions have not been distributed as yet to retailers, in order to ensure you receive a corrected version of the blu-ray I would recommend ordering it directly through Beyond's website, http://www.beyondhe.com.au/, as this ships from our warehouse.”

Hi Jonesracing82 and thedreamisreal, this is the third GF we've released and had available the day after the game at the club and selected Melbourne locations, and the first we've had synch issues with. We agree that more care was required in this instance and this is something we will be looking at in regards to future releases.
Can I ask; why are you still making DVD’s in this day and age?

Sent an email to the AFL regarding this piece of shit, got this response.

This is good stuff and word is getting around. Beyond would've pressed ahead banking on only a certain percentage of customers complaining. No malice towards the company, but knowingly releasing a faulty product at full price should be discouraged.
Can I ask; why are you still making DVD’s in this day and age?

Needs to be on two DVDs and/or Blu-Ray. Modern big screen TVs show up the compression on the DVD badly. Put the price up a little to cover it - Richmond people have stripped the shelves clean, they'll pay the extra.

Last edited:
They should ship it as “Version 2.0 - Now with Less Sync Issues!” Here’s the response I got FYI -

”Yes the sync issue affected both the DVD as well as the Blu-ray, these have now been rectified.

However the corrected versions have not been distributed as yet to retailers, in order to ensure you receive a corrected version of the blu-ray I would recommend ordering it directly through Beyond's website, http://www.beyondhe.com.au/, as this ships from our warehouse.”
Blu-ray version not yet available on the site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should get a refund, I've.just been watching the foxtel over and over.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yep I’ve decided I’ll just buy the grand final Blu-ray when they fix the synch issues however won’t get the victory pack. Rather just watch the geelong and giants games on hd I’ve got on my iq rather than shitty dvd quality.

I got this response from Beyond, similar to what others have received I believe,

Thank you for getting in touch ,

The sync issue has been rectified and we are offering replacements discs to those who have made the purchase,

If you could please provide a proof of purchase and postal address the replacement will be sent to you,

Kind Regards

Renee Charchalis

Office Support Administrator

cid:39418E76-72DF-4313-9AB6-E6A98AAC85AF

Hi guys, so we all know about the poor sync issues on the dvd, but can someone tell me where the alternative commentries are actually from? I'm assuming the ABC is one but I'm interested in knowing for certain. I don't suppose the Adelaide 5AA call is there?
I really want to hear that one ⚰☢❌
MMM, SEN, 3AW, 5AA & ABC

RESPONSE FROM BEYOND

Beyond apologise for the synchronisation issue relating to the radio commentary on the 2017 AFL Grand Final DVD. Historically, fans have asked that the AFL Grand Final be available to them at retail on physical media the next day. This is possible, but the risk is that the production team can only spot check the radio commentary within this timeframe, and a minor radio commentary synchronisation issue may occur. Beyond appreciates the feedback and will at no charge replace your DVD or Blu-Ray if you are not satisfied with your purchase. If you would like a replacement product please:

Email us at info@beyondhe.com.au
  1. Tell us your delivery address and contact phone number
  2. Attach an image (photo/scan) of your receipt/proof of purchase
In the 2018 season, Beyond will be reviewing the inclusion of radio commentary in next day product to ensure a similar issue does not occur.
Thanks for the reply, have e-mailed my details through

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back