Richmond to take Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats been really funny to watch with all this Cousins crap is the way fans of each club react to the same thing.

Try and relate it to real life situations...you're purchasing something so why dont the Tiges fans try to look at it objectively.

If Cousins were a second hand car...it would be a slightly rusty 1995 M3 that appears cheap but with no way of knowing if money was owed on it or whether it had been badly banged up.

Many others have kicked the tyres...a few even had full mechanical inspections done on it...despite the price everyone rejected it and didnt even make an offer.

Now the Tiges fans are the latest to think it must be somehow a bargain....and they havent even done an inspection. They're even starting to say everyone who went for a test drive or inspection must be somehow the unlucky ones.

No idea why some think there's a bargain to be had...or why they must think the other AFL clubs are stupid.

To top it off that aging and beaten up M3 was last seen broken down...and hasnt been driven since in about 2 yrs. Regardless it must be a great rig tho right ?

Also funny to see them suddenly turn from calling him Cousins to "Cuz"...coz the rusty old M3 might get dumped at Punt Rd so u may as well give it a name :thumbsu:

This is Sheedy to a TEE.
He firstly says he has no role in the football department, then he comes out and says he would recruit Cousins if he was in charge at Essendon or Richmond.
The two most senior people at Richmond in terms of football are Cameron and Wallace. They both emphatically deny any interest in Cousins.
Now they are going to recruit Cousins.
A perfect result for Sheedy.
Cousins succeeds... and Sheedy is the hero.
Cousins fails... "not my fault'
Richmond improve...Sheedy the savior
Richmond don't improve... Sheedy "not the coach"

The last 12 months have again shown Sheedy to be completely self obsessed. This is another example of him wanting to own the spotlight. He cannot cope with anonymity.

I hope Cousins is allowed to play. I object to Sheedy once again manipulating rules for his own gain. He will do ANYTHING to have his way.

The compromise should be. No extra pick for Richmond. Polak who unlike Ramanauskas is contracted should be placed on LTI list. Cousins goes for pick 6.
Richmond fans have been praying for Sheedy to return.
Be careful what you wish for!!

This is Sheedy to a TEE.

Yepp...and it makes u wonder why anyone would even listen after his record with mature age recruiting.

I imagine there's lightweights at all clubs though that will simply prefer to think he's right...or dont have the guts to tell him no coz he's Kevin Sheedy.

^^^
Naturally enough any previous owner will always talk it up...the really dumb ones cant offer any insight into it or give u a good reason to buy it...so they just pretend that everyone who didnt want a bar of it must be an even bigger loser than they are.
I like where you are going with this Bollox. It sort of deserves it's own thread.

Thing is though, when all you've got is Datsun 180B's and Holden Camiras sitting around at home, a dodgy M3 doesn't look so bad. ;)

If Cousins were a second hand car...it would be a slightly rusty 1995 M3 that appears cheap but with no way of knowing if money was owed on it or whether it had been badly banged up.
Which makes everyone else what, B? All the kids who are left after the draft must be 1993 Lada Nivas. What are your chances realistically of picking up a player? I'm sure someone's done the stats on how many kids taken in the PSD have ever played 50 games. It wouldn't be many.

Cousins might have problems, but I don't think even you could deny that he is the "best available talent" at this stage. I don't actually care which club takes him, I just hope we get to see him play again in 2009.

I like where you are going with this Bollox. It sort of deserves it's own thread.

Thing is though, when all you've got is Datsun 180B's and Holden Camiras sitting around at home, a dodgy M3 doesn't look so bad. ;)
Don't knock the 180B. Best. Car. Ever.

The poo-brown vinyl roof really made the car.

What are your chances realistically of picking up a player? I'm sure someone's done the stats on how many kids taken in the PSD have ever played 50 games. It wouldn't be many.

Cousins might have problems, but I don't think even you could deny that he is the "best available talent" at this stage. I don't actually care which club takes him, I just hope we get to see him play again in 2009.
But what happened to Wallets youth policy?? There's plenty of kids with talent to burn and not even half the baggage who would love a chance to play AFL.

Which makes everyone else what, B? All the kids who are left after the draft must be 1993 Lada Nivas. What are your chances realistically of picking up a player? I'm sure someone's done the stats on how many kids taken in the PSD have ever played 50 games. It wouldn't be many.

lol..i see what you're saying but you KNOW deep down that dodgy old rustbucket is gonna cost u bigtime..or blow a head gasket coz its been sitting on blocks rusting for 2yrs.

...and its more like a NEW Lada Niva u might opt for with a youngster.

There's always someone who values image more than practicality tho :D

But what happened to Wallets youth policy?? There's plenty of kids with talent to burn and not even half the baggage who would love a chance to play AFL.

He's still taking a kid.

And he's already got equal or more kids (who have played more games) than any other club in the AFL.

So taking a champion midfielder for no cost would give the kids access to unprecedented experience, wisdom and premiership belief.

He's still taking a kid.

And he's already got equal or more kids (who have played more games) than any other club in the AFL.

So taking a champion midfielder for no cost would give the kids access to unprecedented experience, wisdom and premiership belief.

And IF he fails a drug test what does that give those same kids?

Whats been really funny to watch with all this Cousins crap is the way fans of each club react to the same thing.

Try and relate it to real life situations...you're purchasing something so why dont the Tiges fans try to look at it objectively.

Many others have kicked the tyres...a few even had full mechanical inspections done on it...despite the price everyone rejected it and didnt even make an offer.

Now the Tiges fans are the latest to think it must be somehow a bargain....and they havent even done an inspection. They're even starting to say everyone who went for a test drive or inspection must be somehow the unlucky ones.

No idea why some think there's a bargain to be had...or why they must think the other AFL clubs are stupid.

Which might be why we're paying virtually nothing to get hold of it!

2005 Brownlow medallist. That was sooooo long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correction: A former champion midfielder. A current 30+ junkie with no footy under his belt for 2 years, and dicey hamstrings. I really wish people wouldn't expect Cousins circa 2005 in 2009 ... and you can forget all about premierships.

He's still taking a kid.

Dont u mean EX-champion midfielder ?...that might be cheap up front but a potentially enormous cost when u try to jump start him ?

Try to keep a lid on it mate...you do realise those replays and memories of Benny are in the past right ?

What u will get is the frustrating ageing midfielder u know can play better...that is now a lot more injury prone. Plus he just doesnt seem to dish out the sort of highlights package he once did...and for all you know could be powdering his nose in the dunny before a game coz he's proven he doesnt giveashyt about his club and likes to put his cravings first.

Correction: A former champion midfielder. A current 30+ junkie with no footy under his belt for 2 years, and dicey hamstrings. I really wish people wouldn't expect Cousins circa 2005 in 2009 ... and you can forget all about premierships.

As opposed to Dew who cost you a ND pick, was about 28, hadn't played footy for 2 years and was 125 kgs.

Cousins is costing us the equivalent of a rookie pick. This is great, and perfectly justified.

Have a heart. The Tigers are showing immense compassion and support to someone who needs it. 2 people actually - Cousins and Polak.

If he tears it up, those who rejected him will look totally negligent.

If he doesn't, what have we lost?

The Oz and the Herald Sun now reporting that the Commission is likely to approve Richmond's request to put Polak on the rookie list.

A very good thing, too.

Welcome Cousins, welcome back Dave Gourdis. All will be well.:D

People who say "it's a long time since 2005" are forgetting that the last time you same people said the same thing... he came back and got 38 possessions :D

Was that in mid-2007, 18 months ago?

If so, then even if he's dropped off by 10%, he'll still be good for 34 possies at his best (which won't be every week, but not the significant drop off some people envisage).

And IF he fails a drug test what does that give those same kids?

It gives them a lesson to learn from.

Cousins will be shown the door within a couple of days of taking his first drug... he won't have time to "infect" the kids, if that is what you're implying.

As opposed to Dew who cost you a ND pick, was about 28, hadn't played footy for 2 years and was 125 kgs.

Cousins is costing us the equivalent of a rookie pick. This is great, and perfectly justified.

Have a heart. The Tigers are showing immense compassion and support to someone who needs it. 2 people actually - Cousins and Polak.

I think you will find that no one doesnt want him to play be it for anyone, i personally applaud Richmond for taking the gamble, i really hope it works out for them both. But 3 other clubs considered him, 2 intensly and all 3 turned there backs and werent prepared to take the risk. Why? Is there still a problem that those 3 clubs found, or is it that they didnt want to be linked to that type of player? I think most people still have Doubts about Cousins and wether he is now on the staight and narrow. I guess that only time will tell, but i personally hope its a good luck story and not one that blows up in Richmonds face.

Stuart Dew anyone.
Can't remember Dew ever beng chased into the Swan River, or being arrested shirtless in downtown Adelaide, or partying with a former champion only for him to pass on hours later, or being found passed out on a park bench in a city at the other side of the country??

Dew was an overweight former player who had connections with Clarkson. Clarkson, Russel and Co knew what they could gain if Dew put in and got himself fit.

Wallace and Sheedy are going for the great white hope.

Exacly uptheguts...well said.

Eddie will look like a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back