Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Clutching at straws mate.
Fact of the matter is the best sides in the competition still dominate the bottom sides when they are missing guns.
Carlton played really well. And took it to you guys all night. Give them credit.
:drunk::drunk: I literally said credit to them though in my post. Is that not giving them credit?

:drunk::drunk: I literally said credit to them though in my post. Is that not giving them credit?
But why would you say they shouldn't feel good about themselves ? .. They are In year two of a rebuild and they took it up to you guys who will "apparently" be a lock for top 8.

Carlton supporters will feel good about themselves today but really, they shouldn't.

We were missing our two most important players, make no mistake, maric is very very important for us. And deledio is all class.

Carlton had 4 number 1 picks playing. Richmond had 0.

Carlton put their best 22 out there, with daisy maybe being in there.

Carlton on average were OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED than Richmond.

Carlton built up to this game all pre season. This was their grand final.

Richmond came in just hoping to scrape through.

One team will progressively get worse throughout the season because that level of effort and passion is unsustainable.

One team wil slowly build go peak form for September (and hopefully not lose week 1).

So if I'm Carlton right now, I know my rebuild has a longggggggg way to go.

Credit to them though. They played well and nearly won their grand final.
Definition of a sore winner people.

Richmond played shit and were lucky to get away with a win.

And please spare us the they were older/more experienced, I don't see Hawthorn coming out with that crap when they lose to a YOUNGER (see I can shout too) side.

If it comes down to the age and experience of the group, Richmond will be North's bitches for the next 50 years. And Boomer will still be teaching them how it is done.

Carlton supporters will feel good about themselves today but really, they shouldn't.

We were missing our two most important players, make no mistake, maric is very very important for us. And deledio is all class.

One team will progressively get worse throughout the season because that level of effort and passion is unsustainable.

One team wil slowly build go peak form for September (and hopefully not lose week 1).

Playing Richmond is the pinnacle of our season......said nobody ever.

I give your troll 4/10 and most of that score was for word count.

I love how i keep seeing "Carlton went in with a far more experienced side" from Richmond supporters, as if an average of 10 games more substantially swayed the outcome of the match. We had a few debutantes ourselves you know...

An avg of 10 games is a lot in football time

You get that extra 10 games in some of the newbies from Richmond that played last night and I will guarantee you they will be much better off

It's the first game of the season and there will be clubs at different stages in their preparation. Richmond have been slow in their preparation but in time when they get their list back and start playing the cohesion style they will be up there, no doubt

Carlton must keep playing the same, they will come up against more prepared sides soon and must not get into a negative style when they lose some experience players due to injuries or struggle for form throughout the season. It will happen just need to persevere for a couple of years as they add to the talent and gain experience

People, just enjoy that footy is back!

Last edited:

You get that extra 10 games in some of the newbies from Richmond that played last night and I will guarantee you they will be much better off

10 games is huge when it's your first 10. Not so much when it's 100 to 110. It's all relative.

Definition of a sore winner people.

Richmond played shit and were lucky to get away with a win.

And please spare us the they were older/more experienced, I don't see Hawthorn coming out with that crap when they lose to a YOUNGER (see I can shout too) side.

If it comes down to the age and experience of the group, Richmond will be North's bitches for the next 50 years. And Boomer will still be teaching them how it is done.
Oh did someone mention North? Oh.. Just you trying to make your team relevant. Ahhhhhh sorry but they're not. Just go have a quick look at the membership numbers. 70,000 to 30,000?? That's embarrassing. You guys make two prelims and you still can't scrape enough supporters to fill Edihad. Oh well. The life of a minnow I guess. Maybe when you move to Ballarat you'll be able to fill out the VFL ground down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think means as much as you blokes are making out when you take into account we have a new coach and a new game plan. What about the games we played last year? Did playing in all those losing matches benefit our players?

You're looking at raw data and applying it as a truism for your poor form last night. I dont think it's that simple.

I love how i keep seeing "Carlton went in with a far more experienced side" from Richmond supporters, as if an average of 10 games more substantially swayed the outcome of the match. We had a few debutantes ourselves you know...
Haha that the tiger army for you, they have had a lot of practice dreaming up bullshit excuses over the last three years

Then:

Oh did someone mention North? Oh.. Just you trying to make your team relevant. Ahhhhhh sorry but they're not. Just go have a quick look at the membership numbers. 70,000 to 30,000?? That's embarrassing. You guys make two prelims and you still can't scrape enough supporters to fill Edihad. Oh well. The life of a minnow I guess. Maybe when you move to Ballarat you'll be able to fill out the VFL ground down there.

LOOOOOOOOOOL
A tad cocky from a fan of a team that has won as many finals in the past 14 years as Gold Coast.
Minnows and memberships????
The microwaves of Richmond were all warming up at 9pm yesterday.
Perhaps achieve something, ANYTHING before posting with such condescension?

The older and more experienced excuse is bullshit, Essendon will go into a lot of games with a team stacked of seasoned AFL players. Doesn't mean much.

As for the Tigers outs, Deledio and Maric would've made a huge difference, but you constantly here Tigers fans wanting Grigg, Batchelor, Hunt , Conca etc. out of the best 22. Now they are stars? Please.

Think last night showed that everyone underestimated the Blues and once again the Tigers will be a team that only makes up the numbers.

May well be an early leading contender for the "I've got absolutely no idea' post in 2016.

I dont think means as much as you blokes are making out when you take into account we have a new coach and a new game plan. What about the games we played last year? Did playing in all those losing matches benefit our players?

You're looking at raw data and applying it as a truism for your poor form last night. I dont think it's that simple.

There are players that regardless of time spent on their development are just not up to AFL standard, hence no experience will aid in their development. That is why Carlton did the right thing and cull last year. They did well so far, they will improve because iy seems they have a plan and will stick to it

Also, development of juniors takes into account many aspects. Game time, body development for AFL footy, knowledge, confidence and cohesion of style All takes time

May well be an early leading contender for the "I've got absolutely no idea' post in 2016.
No worries. Reckon a few Pies fans might be up there as well. NAB cup superstars = premiership success right?

Bookmark my post. I'll come back end of September and we'll see how right I am.

Its funny reading this thread.

Let me remind you all that Richmond won. Footy is about winning. Richmond won. Carlton lost.

Carlton did better than expected. Good for them. The competition does not need lame teams. Richmond did not do as well as hoped. No problem We win. That is what matters when Richmond and Carlton face off. Who won? Richmond did.

Then:

LOOOOOOOOOOL
A tad cocky from a fan of a team that has won as many finals in the past 14 years as Gold Coast.
Minnows and memberships????
The microwaves of Richmond were all warming up at 9pm yesterday.
Perhaps achieve something, ANYTHING before posting with such condescension?
36 years of pure bile from that club, you'd think they'd just come off a flag

Didn't realise memberships directly impacted on field results.

20K of those memberships are for Rover the dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back