Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the excuses, you talk about age but all your experienced blokes in the guts were taught a lesson tonight from Patty Cripps who is what 20?
What lesson were we taught apart from what we alll knew that Cripps is talented with hand to ball but doesnt kick it enough yet to really win a game.

Its the first game of the season we had a team younger and probably less experienced than Carlton, our big names were not great and we still won the game?

Great game by the Blues but 4 pints is 4 points.

I think that's a strength of his though, it literally takes three blokes to pin his arms and therefore stop him from disposing of it. He compliments Murphy and Gibbs perfectly when he dishes it out, and it's no coincidence both their career best seasons were when Judd was doing similar.

Cripps can improve by scoring goals. He puts himself in the right spots but for some reason just can't hit the scoreboard. So I guess that does come down to kicking accuracy, but also him amazingly being only 21. It will come with time.

Kids a star, glad he's wearing Navy Blue.
No doubt, its just a shame his kicking at this stage is rated as one of the worst in the comp, then again Williams dominated with his handball ability so I guess it might be this kids thing,, great game he fed Murph and others all night no reason he wont be one of your best over his career.

If Richmond had played any other team tonight apart from the bombers they would have lost by minimum 5 goals. Turn over after turn over from sloppy disposals couldnt hit anybody by foot or hand and the amount of times casboult was left wide open 20 meters out from goal, i mean hes carltons ONLY key forward. Entertaining finish tho.

If Richmond had played any other team tonight apart from the bombers they would have lost by minimum 5 goals. Turn over after turn over from sloppy disposals couldnt hit anybody by foot or hand and the amount of times casboult was left wide open 20 meters out from goal, i mean hes carltons ONLY key forward. Entertaining finish tho.
36 forced turnovers in our forward half yes they would have been flogged they are lucky we have no forward line lol

No doubt, its just a shame his kicking at this stage is rated as one of the worst in the comp, then again Williams dominated with his handball ability so I guess it might be this kids thing,, great game he fed Murph and others all night no reason he wont be one of your best over his career.
Worst in the league... by who? If you actually watched him you'd know his kicking is quite good, the only reason this myth he cant kick has propogated on big footy is because hks handballing is so good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond fans frantically defending a 9-point victory...

Pulling all sorts out of their behinds to claim that their side was an underdog (less experience, younger etc.).

Maybe Carlton wasn't as bad as you thought, and isn't actually a bottom 2 side this year?

Maybe your depleted finals team eked out a win against a bottom 8 side?

Pulling all sorts out of their behinds to claim that their side was an underdog (less experience, younger etc.).

Maybe Carlton wasn't as bad as you thought, and isn't actually a bottom 2 side this year?

I'm calling it now - Richmond will not win a final in 2016. They may scrape into the 8 but they're not getting a win.

Just arent good enough.

Cannot believe they gave Hardwick an extension. This is brilliant.

I'm calling it now - Richmond will not win a final in 2016. They may scrape into the 8 but they're not getting a win.

Just arent good enough.

Cannot believe they gave Hardwick an extension. This is brilliant.
Its first game of the year against a team that always gives its all against us we put out a younger, less experienced team and still win, yes I can see the issue:drunk:
Norths version of the Scott brothers has never won a first round game.

Tough start? What are you talking about? The next 5 weeks:

Collingwood - 12th and beat them by 93 last year
Adelaide (Etihad) - 6th and lost their best player
West Coast (Domain) - 2nd
Melbourne - 13th
Port Adelaide (MCG) - 9th

That's 2 top 8 teams in the next 5 games. One of them at home and the other at a ground that Richmond haven't lost at for a while. Fairly standard draw really.
How many of those games do you honestly expect to win? Maybe 1 at best

5 goals is being generous. A top 8 team would have smashed us by 10 goals I reckon. I don't think a performance like that is acceptable

I dont think theres anything to defend. Not every win is pretty. Carlton played well, it was good contest and we just got over the line. I think some people are trying to justify it because others are talking it down.

Theres nothing to talk up or down, it was a good contest and credit to Carlton for making it that through great pressure and fight.

I can guarantee that nearly every other side will have some ugly wins against lower sides as well.

We are happy the club has found direction and game plan that suits the players similar to that under Rattan.. fast attacking bold football.
Happy that our VFL team thumped Richmond VFL team by 10 goals... Byrne, Vioijo Rainbow and Silvagni were stars.

We just need some luck with the injury list because we had no luck since 2012 with that.

Bolts needs to be creative with forward line because Big Cas as much as I like him won't win us many games.

Jaksch had a decent game in VFL.. maybe combination of Walker, Jaksch, Everitt, Wright and couple of others would be better.

Something must be done with the efficiency of the forward line

Its first game of the year against a team that always gives its all against us we put out a younger, less experienced team and still win, yes I can see the issue:drunk:
Norths version of the Scott brothers has never won a first round game.

Hilarious...

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back