Preview Richmond vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure there will be a 4+ goal wind. Let's just hope we take advantage of it, like we did in the first quarter of the nab cup.

And Big Ivan is WAYYY better then West.

I thought the game last week (against north) was going to be close but thought Geelong would get over the line. In the end the Cats should have lost by a bit more except for a last quarter fight back.

I think it's wrong how many in the media and others believe that Geelong simply have to turn up and win on the weekend. I hope that this isn't the mentality of the players or they will get smashed by the tigers.
I think it'll be a close game the Cats are hungry for a win and the tigers are desperate to beat the Cats.

Also it's going to be hard to kick goals at Geelong this year with the stand redevelopment. Easier of the Cats obviously as they train there will be interesting to see how the tiger forwards can adapt.

West is no Ottens but neither is Maric the ruck contest will see a couple of competitors battle is out. Expect T.Hunt to do a tagging role on Martin/Cotchin.

Yep, Maric is no Ottens either, but when Maric is up against the Wests of this world, he will look like an Ottens with a mullet. ;)

Richmond
B: Morris Rance Newman
HB: Houli Grimes Batchelor
C: Deledio Martin Jackson
HF: Conca Vickery Edwards
F: Miller Riewoldt Nahas
R: I.Maric Cotchin Tuck
INT from: Foley Graham McGuane White Grigg A.Maric Ellis
Out: None
In: McGuane White Graham

Geelong
B: Guthrie Lonergan Enright
HB: Mackie Taylor Gillies
C: T.Hunt Corey S.Motlop
HF: Chapman Hawkins Christensen
F: Stokes Podsiadly Johnson
R: West Bartel Selwood
INT from: Byrnes J.Hunt Duncan Stringer Horlin-Smith Schroder Stephenson
Out: Kelly
In: Stokes J.Hunt Stringer Schroder

Richmond

Geelong
Out: Kelly
In: Stokes J.Hunt Stringer Schroder
I'd predicted Vickery --> White McGuane Graham Webberley
So close enough. Chances are with Macca and Gus back Vicks might go anyway.

Richmond
HB: Houli Grimes Batchelor
C: Deledio Martin Jackson
HF: Conca Vickery Edwards
R: I.Maric Cotchin Tuck
INT from: Foley Graham McGuane White Grigg A.Maric Ellis

Thats the AFL website side - the email from the club has:

HB: Houli Grimes Ellis
C: Grigg Martin Jackson
HF: DeLedio Vickery Edwards
R: I.Maric Cotchin Foley
INT from: Batchelor, A.Maric, Tuck, Conca, Graham, White, McGuane

You'd assume no change - A Maric the sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the AFL website side - the email from the club has:

HB: Houli Grimes Ellis
C: Grigg Martin Jackson
HF: DeLedio Vickery Edwards
R: I.Maric Cotchin Foley
INT from: Batchelor, A.Maric, Tuck, Conca, Graham, White, McGuane

You'd assume no change - A Maric the sub
Does it really matter how they are named?

Nope. The point was to show the players who are listed on the field in the clubs email - given that A maric and the three inclusions from the magoos are common to both line-ups you can safely say the others will be playing... I need Ellis to cover Lake in my dream team this week :D

Not until the ball is bounced.

Would be surprised if any change, especially now that Gus & Mcfumbles have been named. You would think Vicks would be the one on thinnest ice and none of those ins do anything for our forward structure.

I have my fingers crossed for this one, geelong are there for the kill if we are good enough:thumbsu:

It's only relevant as the cuts from the squad of 25 to 22 for the game must come from the bench (exception of injury).
What do you think your final bench will be?

Should be a good game, hoping for no repeat of the NAB match!

Nope. The point was to show the players who are listed on the field in the clubs email - given that A maric and the three inclusions from the magoos are common to both line-ups you can safely say the others will be playing... I need Ellis to cover Lake in my dream team this week :D
I need Ellis and Morris to cover Shaw & Lake.

Highlights our horrendous lack of depth.

A couple of long term injuries to key players and we are toast for 2012 I am afraid!

Apologies for the negativity.....but those ins are not inspiring(even though there
will most probably be no change).

Go Tiges

Highlights our horrendous lack of depth.

A couple of long term injuries to key players and we are toast for 2012 I am afraid!

Apologies for the negativity.....but those ins are not inspiring(even though there
will most probably be no change).

Go Tiges

Oh **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me, **** me. No. No. No.

It's only relevant as the cuts from the squad of 25 to 22 for the game must come from the bench (exception of injury).
What do you think your final bench will be?

Should be a good game, hoping for no repeat of the NAB match!

I think that would mean we would be looking at no change. Batchelor, conca and tucky we three of our best last week and Maric the sub so i cant see him getting dropped.

If you look at the side with a glass half full approach, its a good thing that Graham, Mc****wit and White were named.

The reason being that they will most likely will be the emergencies, meaning that they won't be stealing the limelight from the players we wanna see at the Burgers. (Thats how it works isn't it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back