Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what IDGAF? I've been reading your dribble and have come to the conclusion I really couldn't care less what Richmond supporters think.

You think because you have Wallace you are suddenly going to turn into winners? Sorry, but wallace is as big a loser as Richmond are, and two of you deserve each other.

You know NOTHING about what is going on at Hawthorn so why crap on about things you simply don't understand? I am looking forward to midway through 2006, Richmond are still a bunch of losers, Wallace is failing ... and he still has over 3 years left of his contract. Richmond will be an even bigger joke than they are now.

And you know why Richmond are a joke? Because for over 20 years they have done NOTHING, and yet they think they can offer advice to other clubs.

I'll try and explain what is happening because it's something Richmond idiots are struggling to understand. Hawthorn are actually "searching" for the best available man for the job. They are not doing a Richmond and grabbing a coach simply to stop other clubs from getting him. The joke on Richmond is Adelaide didn't want him, Sydney didn't want him, the Bulldogs would never take him back, and he wasn't even the Hawks' first choice.

If Richmond had the brains to realise this they could have dealt with Wallace on the club's terms, not Wallace's. Richmond was the ONLY club that wanted him. The joke's on them.

And now I'll tell you about Wallace. He's a quitter. You know what they say about quitters? That's right ... they never win. And if you never win, what are you? That's right ... you're a LOSER.

He quit the Hawks in 1986 because Jeans played him in the back pocket. He sooked off to Richmond who he quit 12 months later because he couldn't get his own way. He found himself losing at Footscray. He got the coaching spot because nobody else wanted it. When he couldn't get his own way there he did a deal with some people at Sydney, but the club were smart and appointed Roos instead.

He's a needle nosed little weasel who is only interested in one thing, and that is himself. I am so pleased we never got Wallace, I simply don't feel he can be trusted, and I know he has no passion for the Hawthorn Football Club.

I can understand Richmond supporters being happy with Wallace, the club has embraced mediocrity for many many years ... may the tradition continue for many more to come.

Wallace is just the person to drive Richmond into extinction .... he nearly drove the Bulldogs there.

Adelaide Hawk said:
You know what IDGAF? I've been reading your dribble and have come to the conclusion I really couldn't care less what Richmond supporters think.

You think because you have Wallace you are suddenly going to turn into winners? Sorry, but wallace is as big a loser as Richmond are, and two of you deserve each other.

You know NOTHING about what is going on at Hawthorn so why crap on about things you simply don't understand? I am looking forward to midway through 2006, Richmond are still a bunch of losers, Wallace is failing ... and he still has over 3 years left of his contract. Richmond will be an even bigger joke than they are now.

And you know why Richmond are a joke? Because for over 20 years they have done NOTHING, and yet they think they can offer advice to other clubs.

I'll try and explain what is happening because it's something Richmond idiots are struggling to understand. Hawthorn are actually "searching" for the best available man for the job. They are not doing a Richmond and grabbing a coach simply to stop other clubs from getting him. The joke on Richmond is Adelaide didn't want him, Sydney didn't want him, the Bulldogs would never take him back, and he wasn't even the Hawks' first choice.

If Richmond had the brains to realise this they could have dealt with Wallace on the club's terms, not Wallace's. Richmond was the ONLY club that wanted him. The joke's on them.

And now I'll tell you about Wallace. He's a quitter. You know what they say about quitters? That's right ... they never win. And if you never win, what are you? That's right ... you're a LOSER.

He quit the Hawks in 1986 because Jeans played him in the back pocket. He sooked off to Richmond who he quit 12 months later because he couldn't get his own way. He found himself losing at Footscray. He got the coaching spot because nobody else wanted it. When he couldn't get his own way there he did a deal with some people at Sydney, but the club were smart and appointed Roos instead.

He's a needle nosed little weasel who is only interested in one thing, and that is himself. I am so pleased we never got Wallace, I simply don't feel he can be trusted, and I know he has no passion for the Hawthorn Football Club.

I can understand Richmond supporters being happy with Wallace, the club has embraced mediocrity for many many years ... may the tradition continue for many more to come.

Wallace is just the person to drive Richmond into extinction .... he nearly drove the Bulldogs there.

This deserves a standing ovation!!! Well said! Someone needed to say it!

ROCK22 said:
There is no denying that the Wallace appointment is a mini-victory for Richmond, however a streaker needs to enter the field for the curse to be reversed. Richmond has been an absolute disgrace since 1982. Yes, approaching 23 LONG YEARS. (but for two prelims smashed by around 12+ goals each time)

Hawthorn is struggling at the moment, however atleast we have won an AFL premiership, and we'll be back. When we're in the finals we dont get smashed (essendon 85 was our last thumping) -- so when we make it, we'll be a threat as always.

Hawks Premiers 2008, Richmond -- well keep praying for a streaker. Your club is a rabble

Is that you Schwabby??

Adelaide Hawk said:

So what what are you trying to say - he's not the messiah, he's just a naughty boy? :confused: I don't care what oppostions supporters (including Hawthorn supprorters) think - I'll continue to believe in the holy trinity of grog, sheilas and Terry Wallace until proven otherwise.

Adelaide Hawk said:

Why did they interview him for 4 hours then ?

Fact is ,If you had of hired Wallace you would be on this board high fiving each other , saying what a master stroke it was that you sacked Schwab when you did and got under other clubs guards . Why else would they have sacked him for ?

AH , you must drowning in all that vinegar over there from all those sour grapes. ( and dribble )

LIKE THE TIGER OF OLD, WE"ll CRUMBLE AND FOLD! Oh we're from TIGERRRRR LAND. Terry Wallace has so much work to do. A task which could be beyond him i feel. With Richardson on the way out, Campbell GONE, Ottens (disenchanted), the future is very very grim. Ah well, tiger fans should be used to it.

GO HAWKS!!

ROCK22 said:
LIKE THE TIGER OF OLD, WE"ll CRUMBLE AND FOLD! Oh we're from TIGERRRRR LAND. Terry Wallace has so much work to do. A task which could be beyond him i feel. With Richardson on the way out, Campbell GONE, Ottens (disenchanted), the future is very very grim. Ah well, tiger fans should be used to it.

GO HAWKS!!

You can't be serious? Why do you hawthorn supporters beleive you are so much better then richmond? Yes Richo is on the way out, the team will probably be better of with cambo not as captain now, we all know he is past it and Ottens, we will have to wait and see what happens with him. The future is not that grim, when Richo does go the obvious solution will be to try Jay Shulz at FF, you can't tell me he hasnt shown he can mark well and given his opportunity could thrive, it is to early to judge. Have a look at our group of young players coming through, they look quite good (im not being biased, they do look good) we a certained 2 top 6 or top 5 picks, no body knows who has won the spoon yet.

Where are hawthorns positives? You have no coach yet (yes you will get one, im not saying you won't), your board is not doing any better than ours. Get over your selves hawthorn you're not in any better of position than we are.

[QUOTEyour board is not doing any better than ours. Get over your selves hawthorn you're not in any better of position than we are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Hawthorn arent doing much better than Richmond are we?? we only have a extra 2.5 Mill in the bank :rolleyes: .

tige19 said:
[QUOTEyour board is not doing any better than ours. Get over your selves hawthorn you're not in any better of position than we are.

Yeah Hawthorn arent doing much better than Richmond are we?? we only have a extra 2.5 Mill in the bank :rolleyes: .[/QUOTE]

Spot on there! $3 Million deal to get Wallace isn't helping either. Greg miller thinks he can buy his way out of trouble. All he's doing is digging the hole deeper!

Nathan Brown is on about $500 000! Remember Leigh Matthews at the start of the year saying he wasn't worth anything near that???

GO HAWKS!

bring on draft said:
Yeah Hawthorn arent doing much better than Richmond are we?? we only have a extra 2.5 Mill in the bank :rolleyes: .

Spot on there! $3 Million deal to get Wallace isn't helping either. Greg miller thinks he can buy his way out of trouble. All he's doing is digging the hole deeper!

Nathan Brown is on about $500 000! Remember Leigh Matthews at the start of the year saying he wasn't worth anything near that???

GO HAWKS![/QUOTE]And what are you paying Nick Holland and John Barker next year ? LMAO

I know who i would rather have

From the club who hailed Ty Esler and Richard Lounder as the messiahs, then appointed such coaching luminaries as the Giesch and Frawley whilst paying Daffy a fortune to run around for Sydney. I actually like the tigers as Richo always provides a few laughs, pity the Birdman isnt still around. Its a pity we have joined them albeit temporarily in the rabble stakes but I think we can work our way out of it.

BTW Holland, Barker, Dixon - 1 year left on contract

How long to go for Gasper, Joeline, Fiona etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

medusala said:
From the club who hailed Ty Esler and Richard Lounder as the messiahs, then appointed such coaching luminaries as the Giesch and Frawley whilst paying Daffy a fortune to run around for Sydney. I actually like the tigers as Richo always provides a few laughs, pity the Birdman isnt still around. Its a pity we have joined them albeit temporarily in the rabble stakes but I think we can work our way out of it.

BTW Holland, Barker, Dixon - 1 year left on contract

How long to go for Gasper, Joeline, Fiona etc?
And just how are you going to work your way out of it Med ?

No coach , an EGM looming , and roughly half your salary cap going to about 6 players next year ( Barker , Holland , Dixon , Crawford , Thompson , Hodge ) . The future is looking rosy .

I`d be interested to hear your escape plan Medusala?

You can bag Richmond all you like , at least the relevent warring parties put thier differences aside for the good of the club . Don`t see the two walking ego`s Derm and Don doing that .

PS. are you knocking Bowden ? He is about to win the B & F by the length of the Flemington straight and is an outside chance for All Australian selection .Has got over 30 possesions for 7 weeks in a row now .

A rather misinformed barb i thought .

Re: Richmond...why fight it

IDGAF said:

We're planning on following the Richmond model. 25 plus years of talking the talk and doing bugger all about it.

We should come good around 2015 I guess.

No coach , an EGM looming , and roughly half your salary cap going to about 6 players next year ( Barker , Holland , Dixon , Crawford , Thompson , Hodge ) . The future is looking rosy .

Yep, boy that Richmond models something aint it! You lead and we'll follow.

While your waiting on that, I'm still waiting on the follow up I was told I was going to get a week ago on something or other from you.. but hey.. if your busy...

You can bag Richmond all you like , at least the relevent warring parties put thier differences aside for the good of the club . Don`t see the two walking ego`s Derm and Don doing that .

Bag em? We're following their example mate!! Why fight it when it's so obviously the correct way to go.

Plough for us in 2015 I say!

PS. are you knocking Bowden ? He is about to win the B & F by the length of the Flemington straight and is an outside chance for All Australian selection .Has got over 30 possesions for 7 weeks in a row now .

Yea, that's telling em.. why we got a ruckman similar.. doing bugger all actually to affect the actual team performance but hey.. he'll win the B&F by a street too.

Stuff finishing equal dead last.. we're rebuilding dontcha know.

Yea what could we have been thinking all this time.

Richmond.. trail blazers for the Hawks.

IDGAF said:

Bowden has been the whipping boy of Tigers supporters for as long as I can remember.

Re plan:

1) we will have an enormous room in our salary cap by 2006 as most of the players you mention have only one year left ie Holland, Barker, Dixon - Crawf onto veterans
2) Hodge may finally get fit and turn into the gun he has threatened to be
3) Boardroom dispute will be settled sooner rather than later, Don Scott will then disappear and I suspect Dermott will step down as well.
4) Coach - Ayres' record is far better than people make out, if not him then DMac on 12 mth contract with a crack at Matthews/Pagan etc next year
5) Three early draft picks should help both clubs
6) The penny has finally dropped with our recruiting skinny kids and having a crap medical team, I expect big changes there.
7) we have a couple of young KPP's in Thurgood and Boyle that may well develop into handy players
8) Already a big improvement has been seen under a coach with half an idea, we were never a team bad enough to come 15th. 9th to 12th maybe.

Dont forget only a few weeks ago you had no coach and Pahoff? was trying to call an EGM. No different to us.

What we havent had yet is Don Scott punch our CEO which is exactly what Mal Brown did to Jim Malone when he was CEO at the Tigers.

bring on draft said:

GO HAWKS![/QUOTE]

prob win the B&F knucklehead...enlighten us with the value extracted from luminaries such as Holland and co.....that bank balance wont last last long once wavelery fund ends this year. Good luck with the peanuts for monkies
strategy...has always proven to be a "real winner" in particular when combined with such an atrocious list

wait for it..want to hear a funny one.."we're going to win the premiereship"

who am I?

Bojangles17 said:
who am I?

Tony Jewell (sacked 1 year after winning your last premiership).
Francis Bourke, Paul Sproule, Kevin Bartlett (probably your greatest ever or close.. he been back to the club lately?...), Tony Jewell (again), Allan Jeans (won Premierships with us), Rob Walls, John Northey, Danny Frawley!?!

Nah.. got me beat, who are you?

In fact I dont care anymore and I'm fairly sure precious few others do either.

Richmond people, nice having this little tete'a'tete but to be honest.. there isn't a lot that you can say really lets face it .. as a rabble.. your lot is the bench mark.. where we are just getting started (and hopefully stop soon enough).

So last word on the subject, none of us are to happy with developments of recent times at either club. Good luck for your future as your going to need it. Oh and dont get me wrong, good luck for OUR future (better actually) as we are going to need it as well.

Lets talk in five years and see how we look back from here.
============================================

I locked this thread on a couple of pm requests and also my own view that it had run its course and was just becoming a slanging match between Hawks and Tiggers fans. However if anyone thinks it should of remained open then pm me (fwiw if you think it should remain closed you can pm on that as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back