Right now, Richmond deserve to be premiership favorites

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our best is the competitions best but history clearly shows plenty of examples of the supposed best team not winning the flag. Long, long way to go this year and I reckon many twists to be had yet.

2008, 2009, 2011 and perhaps 12 "the best teams" of the year didn't win the flag. But I'm not saying anything new.

With all due respect 2009 was St Kilda parading as the best team. Once they won a final they thought they had done their job.
Turn it up. They lost 2 games for the year and finished with a percentage nearly 30% better than the second team. They were hardly parading. Lost narrowly to an excellent opponent coming off a grand final loss. In most years they would have had a lesser opponent than Geelong in the GF and won easily.

With all due respect 2009 was St Kilda parading as the best team. Once they won a final they thought they had done their job.
It was a hard fought, intense contest and the winner was not apparent until a few minutes to go when the best player of the modern game, and the best backman in recent years, playing in a team for the ages, got Geelong over the line.
That St Kilda team was something.
Just a disrespectful thing to say for all involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the top teams have had bad losses this year. Last night was ours. If we drop a game over the next 2 or 3 weeks then we are pretenders, otherwise we are still have an opportunity

You're not a top team though. How can you not see that?

Your coach says you can't just keep on winning yet you've lost 2 of the last 3. It's just madness down at Punt Rd.

You're not a top team though. How can you not see that?

Your coach says you can't just keep on winning yet you've lost 2 of the last 3. It's just madness down at Punt Rd.

So WC have won 2 and a half more games that Richmond and all of a sudden they are an infinitely better team than us? :drunk: If the Hawks loss didn't show you anything more than the Adelaide loss did for us then its just as mad over west. Neither side are really top teams, both are just competing for second place. Probably the only difference I can see is that Richmond beat both Fremantle and Hawks this year (& Sydney like you guys) while you haven't so the difference between our sides aren't as stark as you would like to believe :$

Does Champion data have stats for mental strength and heart? And that only considers the one game. Hawthorn were by the far the better team all year and you can console yourself by saying you should have won as much you want. You didn't. You didn't lead at any stage of the game. The Hawks did not crumble under your pressure. Anytime you got close we broke away again and at 31 points up with ten to go in a dour affair it was done, there was no coming back. Two junk time goals don't matter. Hawks were in control after that big bastard of a Smith goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back