RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason it really annoys me how people on facebook always rush to be the first to "report" tragedies like this. Like they are the first person to hear the news. Like it's not on every single news channel, website and paper.

It's pathetic and I think they secretly get off on it.

That said, terrible news. Can only imagine what the family is going through - especially his wife. How could she ever face her own son again after this. Absolute madness.

we're the high horse generation. everyone has to show the world how compassionate they are.

He was certainly killed,whether he was murdured is yet to be determined

Eh, I'm with you on that, but it's one of those things where accuracy takes a back seat to conveying a simple sentiment to the masses. It's like referring to a person who sexually offends against anyone under 16 as a paedophile. It's inaccurate, but makes for a simple headline and is easily understood.

Do you know this for certain?

I've heard from a few sources it may not be drug related.
You're going to hear a lot of this over the coming days. Just ask yourselves - how many people do they expect you to believe were in the house, at that time?

For me it was one of those moments in time I won't forget when I heard on a news update this morning saying that it was Phil Walsh that had passed in the murder in SA. Was in traffic at the time and immediately just felt flat as a tack, sense of numbness enveloped me. Couldn't believe it and ended up pulling over to compose myself.

I know he wasn't "young" in the fact that he'd lived half a life and given 35 years to AFL but I still feel that at least at the Crows he was a young pup with a lot of knowledge and wisdom yet to give to those players.

Guys like Walker, Sloane re-signed with the club not just because of the impact that Phil was having but because they saw he would take them places asa team and they wanted to be part of it. This mornings events could be a catalyst behind Patrick Dangerfield's final decision.

As an assistant to Woosha he was one of the main reasons behind a West Coast resurgence up the ladder in the early part of this decade and than went to Port as a right hand man to Hinkley who revatalised that group.

From all past reports and reports today he was just an absolute footy head who loved the game and knew it very well. He was a coach I'd have loved to sit and have a beer or a surf with, to play under and learn from.

My thoughts go out to Phil's immediate family particularly his wife and daughter, what possessed his son to do that we may never know in full. To the Crows staff, players, members and fans as a football family stand together with you today, sharing and supporting you in your grief and loss

R.I.P Phil Walsh - a great thinker and great servant of the greatest game that is, AFL #RIPWalshy #WeStandAsOne

I think the message on that guernsey is beautiful, maybe I'm just a simplistic person.
'From all of us, who feel the pain of loss and human suffering, we live in hope that again, someday soon, we shall all #flyasone.'

At the end of the day, posting a hashtag is just as redundant as posting 'RIP' on a website. I have absolutely no issue with this hashtag, and if anything I applaud it because I think it connects people who are grieving - perhaps in a superficial manner - but it promotes unity all the same.

I agree. Walsh could have been involved in developing that hashtag as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're going to hear a lot of this over the coming days. Just ask yourselves - how many people do they expect you to believe were in the house, at that time?

Yeah, I don't know and I'm happy to leave it to the privacy of the family if that is their wish.

I just think it's a bit shit that people are jumping to conclusions that it may be Ice / Drug related when they have no idea.

Hence why I asked if the poster knew for certain.

The footy world is unbelievable at pulling together to support those affected by tragedy.

It will do the same now. It's part of why I love this game. RIP Phil

Not suggesting any sympathy after what happened but imagine being 26 in a psych ward, waiting to be interviewed by police for murdering your own father. This is just so damn tragic.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back